Could this day get any worse?

Heckeroo

Wow you people are acting like if we dont sign anyone its the end of the world. What do you want were a small market team who already probably have a higher payroll then we really should because most likely Loria will still lose money unless fans decide to show up this year. (which hopefully they do)

I'm happy with what we have done this year so far this offseason and I'll be happy if they do nothing else. So come down from cloud 9 already and get used to the fact we cant sign anyone here until we get a stadium deal done.

Thank you for a little sanity DaGreatOne.

What a bunch of little whiners this board has become...

Suck it up people, we're the defending WS Champs and we've got a shot at contending next year the same way we had a shot at contending last year. Will we be favored? Of course not! We were projected to finish as low as 4th in our own division last year. At our salary we'll never be a favorite. But as long as we have enough talent to have a shot, I'm satisfied.

Thank you for a little sanity DaGreatOne.

What a bunch of little whiners this board has become...

Suck it up people, we're the defending WS Champs and we've got a shot at contending next year the same way we had a shot at contending last year. Will we be favored? Of course not! We were projected to finish as low as 4th in our own division last year. At our salary we'll never be a favorite. But as long as we have enough talent to have a shot, I'm satisfied.

Amen

We won the WS and had NO Vlad, NO Maddux, NO Kendall and we don't NEED any of them this year either.

C'mon now, we WILL have AJ, we picked up A.Benitez and signed a s***load of mulityear deals to current players. I'm just glad the Vlad thread is gone so we can concentrate now on what we DO have, not what we wish we had.

We won the WS and had NO Vlad, NO Maddux, NO Kendall and we don't NEED any of them this year either.

C'mon now, we WILL have AJ, we picked up A.Benitez and signed a s***load of mulityear deals to current players. I'm just glad the Vlad thread is gone so we can concentrate now on what we DO have, not what we wish we had.

look- i have alot of faith in this team- ALOT, i'm just disappointed because were not getting any of these guys (vlad or maddux), i know we shouldn't be getting them in the first place, but it really makes me frustrated to have them dangling in front of us and then taken away from us like we were little babies.

C'mon now, we WILL have AJ, we picked up A.Benitez and signed a s***load of mulityear deals to current players.? I'm just glad the Vlad thread is gone so we can concentrate now on what we DO have, not what we wish we had.

look- i have alot of faith in this team- ALOT, i'm just disappointed because were not getting any of these guys (vlad or maddux), i know we shouldn't be getting them in the first place, but it really makes me frustrated to have them dangling in front of us and then taken away from us like we were little babies. I too felt a little let down this morning when I heard the news about Vlad. But whose been doing the dangling? US.

Why do you think the FO denies everything? In case of a letdown like this. We are the ones who hype ourselves up at the smallest blurb about a star FA (vlad), not the FO. I'm just happy to know the Marlins gave it a shot to nab Vlad instead of keeping their wallet tucked away. Everybody knows we don't have money, right? We have a kick-ass team right now and I for one am totally stoked for the upcoming year. Vlad would've put me through the roof but he's not coming here so we move on. Let's get back to the "How awesome will Cabs be this year?" threads already. And be sure to look at the silver lining in all of this - we still have the cash Vlad turned down (it may not be spent now but its nice to know there is flexibility) and he's not in our division anymore which could mean a few more W's for us when we play the Spos.

OK, I agree with the whole Vlad thing, but this is the first time in a long time that the NL East is wide open, and with 2 moves (Sauerbeck and Kendall/Vlad) we probably would be the favorites going into the season. I'm more frustrated because there were a few moves that I felt should have been made that weren't. I'm not even talking about Vlad because that was always a dream, but guys like Williamson, Sauerbeck, Jose Guillen, those are the guys who help put a team over the top.

and with 2 moves (Sauerbeck and Kendall/Vlad) we probably would be the favorites going into the season.

I'm sorry, I'm showing my homerism here but right now THe Phillies are the favorites to win The N.L. East with Saurbeck and Kendall or without them.

The Division is wide open but right now The Phillies are the preseason favorites...

Think of it this way: The roster we have going into 2004 is much better than it was going into 2003. We'll make similar mid-season additions, and by July, the talent level will most likely be to where it was at the end of last season.

We don't NEED a big name, but you'd always like to have one. Don't worry guys, by the end of this season, we'll have several big names without having gone outside of the organization.