Everything posted by Gonk
-
Tonights game on Espn.
Finally, I can watch a game here in Orlando!
-
Marlins club records
Sheffield hit 42 homers in 1996.
-
Dontrelle Willis has two modes: dominant, or crap
Has anyone noticed this? D-Train has only two modes... absolutely dominant, or completely terrible. When he's pitching, you don't know which Dontrelle Willis is going to show up. It's rare for him just to have an 'average' performance. It is more blatant this year, rather than last... last year, he started off dominant, turned crappy, then finished the season mediocre. In the postseason he showed up as dominant again. At the beginning of this year, he started off dominant again and then took a sharp turn and was dominated by SF. He came out today, and was again dominated by LA. I think D-Train has the talent, and he is still very young, but he needs to learn consistency.
-
The D-Train is chugging
He is for real. Everyone said that we saw his true form late last year, but guess what- the dominant side of him is back. No earned runs in his 3 starts so far? That's ridiculous :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Not to mention he hasn't even been in the league for a year yet... imagine in a few years when he is in his prime.
-
Explanation from FSN on no TV in PR
Well, it sure feels like 80%
-
Explanation from FSN on no TV in PR
I am very annoyed with them. 80% of the time they show Devil Rays games anyway. Lets see... show the defending World Series Champs, or a team who finished with the 2nd worst record in baseball last year.
-
What does Atlanta thnk of the NL East?
Hmm, who took home the trophy last year?
-
Hernandez to start Opening Day
If Beckett is our opening day pitcher, it'll be great. 97 Marlins World Series MVP Livan Hernandez vs. 03 Marlins World Series MVP Josh Beckett
-
A Little Tidbit About the Marlins on ESPN
We win the World Series twice in six years and we still don't get any respect.
-
50 Best Players List
If Preston Wilson wasn't playing in Colorado he probably wouldn't have had broke the top 50.
-
Cubs make offer for Maddux
Whoops, just saw this was already posted. Sorry.
-
Cubs make offer for Maddux
Well, this plan is heading downhill fast: Cubs | Offer Made to Maddux Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:27:12 -0800 Cubs.MLB.com's Carrie Muskat reports the Chicago Cubs made an offer to SP Greg Maddux agent believed to be a two-year contract and could range between $13 and $15 million total. If the Cubs sign him, I think they'll easily have the best rotation in baseball. Who is going to be our #5?
-
Could this day get any worse?
Rotoworld is probably one of the most unreliable sources of recent weeks...
-
I'm beginning to lose faith in the FO...
Encarnacion would've been nice to have on the bench to be a DH. He did more for us last year than anyone realizes. He was great defensively and had his moments offensively. He's a solid hitter and will easily break 20 homers this year with the Dodgers. There are no DH's in the NL... If you meant by that, Keep him on the Bench, I doubt anyone in their right minds would have intentions of paying that much for a bench player When we play the AL on their field, obviously.
-
I'm beginning to lose faith in the FO...
You're going to be the one crying this year when we are losing, because we did ZIP to fill the holes on this team so far. Cabs
-
I'm beginning to lose faith in the FO...
Okay, fine... even if we didn't get any BIG aqquisitions, WHAT aqquisitions DID we get? Benitez? Great... I'd rather have Looper. Choi? He'll be on the bench. Who else have we gotten? Who will be our lefty? Who's going to play LF?
-
I'm beginning to lose faith in the FO...
Gonk, I see Ramp is not here, so on his behalf... "Cry Me a f***ing river" and btw, we've made a couple big aqquistions. You're going to be the one crying this year when we are losing, because we did ZIP to fill the holes on this team so far.
-
I'm beginning to lose faith in the FO...
Were the only team? What about Armando Benitez you bandwagoner... What have the Reds, Pirates, Brewers, Dodgers, Expos, the list goes on.... :banghead :banghead Bandwagoner? I've been a fan of the Marlins since they came into the league in 1993. I live in Miami, and I'm probably one of the few on this board that actually WENT to games from 1998 to 2002. The Dodgers signed Juan, Jeff Weaver and are probably going to sign Pudge. Who cares about the Reds, Pirates, Brewers and Expos? They suck every year. When do they ever make moves? We are talking about the World Champion Marlins here. I am annoyed because Loria came out and said this wasn't 1997. That he wasn't going to get rid of our team. We lost three of our main guys. I can't really blame them for Pudge, but we didn't even try to retain Lee or Uggy. Every true condender in the league is making moves. We are sitting here. I really hope we somehow sign Vlad, because I think this is going to be a long season. The Phillies are going to run away with the division if we don't do something.
-
I'm beginning to lose faith in the FO...
We're the only team in baseball who hasn't made a big addition. The only player we've gotten is Hee Sopp Choi... and we don't even know how good he'll be. He's probably going to be on the bench all year anyway. I think we did fairly well trying to resign our guys, but we lost some key players. Derek Lee is the one that annoys me the most, since we could've probably retained him with the money we have left over now. He was our best defensive player last year and was probably our best slugger when Lowell was injured. Uggy is gone. Pudge is gone. D-Lee is gone. Who do we have to make up for those guys? Hee Sopp Choi? Give me a break. When do we plan on signing that BIG NAME guy everyone has been talking about? Everyday we wait, more and more players are being signed to other teams. The only FA's we've addressed so far are Javy Lopez (who just signed with the Orioles) and Vlad, who we don't have enough money to sign. Once Vlad is gone, who do we plan on getting? We are not going to have the defense we had last year. We won't have Pudge throwing out 30% of the base runners, we won't have D-Lee making those crazy stretches to get the runner out at 1st, and we don't have a solid closer. Benitez or whatever that guy is we just signed doesn't satisfy me. We still don't have a lefty. The Mets and Phillies are having really good offseasons. Unless we do something, those two are going to be contending while the Marlins are going to be battling not to be in last place. Come on FO... atleast make a run at someone! Offer something to Vlad! SOMETHING!
-
Pudge agrees to terms with Baltimore
ESPNews is reporting that Pudge has agreed to terms with the Orioles. It will be announced officially shortly. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4680
-
Will we get Vlad?
Vlad will go where the moolah is. He would still be with the Expo's if all he wanted was money.
-
Will A.J. Burnett be ready for next season?
I heard somewhere that he won't be back until March of next year. Is this true? We need as much talent as we can get. This guy was our main rocket until he got hurt. A lot of you guys have been saying he'll show up as a relief man or closer. Why? He was great starting for us.
-
Its Official Lowell Signs 4-Year Deal With Marlins
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Red Sox place Manny Ramirez on irrevocable waivers
Could be interesting... especially if we trade Encarnacion. Only problem is he has a huge 8 year 150+ million contract on him.
-
2004 Fish
Rigggggggght. Our payroll would only be about 90 million.