Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pudge agrees to terms with Baltimore

Featured Replies

I am happy for him. I hope he has a good time. But he's too far. Oh well...

if he signs with them ill be dissapointed the O's dont come down here, i wouldve loved to had seen him again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

now i wont be able to toss monoply money on the field and have a sign mocking his gay a** statue. dammit :banghead

02pac,

 

you can always go to Spring Training and Spring Workouts in Ft. Lauderdale, where there is less security, and than throw your monopoly pieces at him there. :mischief

just paper money, they might decide to charge me for throwing "deadly" projectile at him

If the Fish ever face the Orioles we need to have a Fudge statue night.

why the jealousy? are you purposely trying to start something here?

If the Fish ever face the Orioles we need to have a Fudge statue night.

why the jealousy? are you purposely trying to start something here? how is that starting someting?

off rotoworld today:

 

Although speculation was last night that the Orioles were very close to signing Ivan Rodriguez, it's still possible they'll end up with Javy Lopez.

It was rumored that the Orioles would sign Rodriguez to a three-year contract with a base salary of $7 million a season and incentives that would allow Rodriguez to earn $10 million a year. However, two team sources told the Baltimore Sun said the club was still leaning toward Lopez because Rodriguez was asking for more than the Orioles wanted to spend. It appears certain that the team will get one of the two catchers. Vladimir Guerrero and Sidney Ponson also remain possibilities. Source: Baltimore Sun

Base salary of 7 mil a season, up to 10 with incentives?!

 

I dunno...I think he's the only player to win a playoff MVP award and win the World Series and not ask for a raise...

:D

Baltimore SHOULD go after Pudge and Ponson/Maddux at this point. They have no pitching, so why get Guerrero in and plague yourself with 4 starting outfielders (a good kind of plague, but a plague none the less) when you can fill a spot you really need to cover?

Hey Pudge, I'm coming for you in Spring Training! Every single time you face the Marlins too!

This still isn't confirmed yet is it? I just heard they extended an offer to Javy today so that tells me this isn't done just yet.

Yea, some people get their undies up in a bunch. Wait til it's confirmed first, guys. Don't jump into conclusions. You should know that about sports by now. ;)

Unconfirmed, but the White Sox have signed Ponson. Can't help our chances at landing Vlad.

What a bunch of spaz's you are for even thinking about throwing stuff at Ivan. This is why this franchise will be regarded as classless, for crap like that. I'm sorry if you don't think he deserved a raise or that he wasn't worth the money that was spent on him, but he did his JOB. Forgive me if I'm wrong but baseball is a job. Does someone show up at your new higher paying job throwing money at you because you left your last one? I don't think so!! They were probably glad to see your sorry butt go. Grow up people, the Marlins were lucky to get to come to an unproven team in the first place. :angry

What a bunch of spaz's you are for even thinking about throwing stuff at Ivan. This is why this franchise will be regarded as classless, for crap like that. I'm sorry if you don't think he deserved a raise or that he wasn't worth the money that was spent on him, but he did his JOB. Forgive me if I'm wrong but baseball is a job. Does someone show up at your new higher paying job throwing money at you because you left your last one? I don't think so!! They were probably glad to see your sorry butt go. Grow up people, the Marlins were lucky to get to come to an unproven team in the first place. :angry

He did not deserved a raise and pro baseball is not a regular job.

Maybe you'd like to defend Pudge's attempts to compare the decision not to resign him to the '98 fire sale.

What a bunch of spaz's you are for even thinking about throwing stuff at Ivan. This is why this franchise will be regarded as classless, for crap like that. I'm sorry if you don't think he deserved a raise or that he wasn't worth the money that was spent on him, but he did his JOB. Forgive me if I'm wrong but baseball is a job. Does someone show up at your new higher paying job throwing money at you because you left your last one? I don't think so!! They were probably glad to see your sorry butt go. Grow up people, the Marlins were lucky to get to come to an unproven team in the first place. :angry

Thank you. My thoughts exactly. Never have I even thought of the idea of throwing something at an athlete. It's just not done. We're living in a society here. Boo the man all you want, that's you're right. But don't act like assclowns. But I know, I know- you guys were all just kidding, right?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.