Whats the big freakin' deal?!

FLCL00

This whole A-Rod deal. I see it pretty much everywhere. Watchin ESPN is all they can talk about.

I admit im more of a marlins fan than a general AVID baseball fan so thats why i have a differant opinion than most. Im alreayd sick of the Yankees and seeing pinstripes all over news sportscasts is sickening. They seem to forget whos won the world series last few years. Low budget teams!!

Im reading and seeing predictions that claim that just cause the Skankees went out and spent most of americas money on overrated players they got the world series for the next what, 6 years wrapped up. Its BS, and frankly frustrating. It takes away from the game cause all the media attention is on this one team and about how they screwed the BoSox again blah blah. Its pathetic.

The yankees and BoSox arent the only freakin team in baseball. Yea theyre the only teams willing to spend that much money and thats about it.

All i really wanna see is the yankees completely fall flat. Ill take personal pleasure from seeing that this season. I owuldnt mind seeing the BoSox take it to them nasty style. Just to prove once again that just cause u can buy every single all star and put them in boring pinstripe uniforms doeant mean your a guaranteed winner.

Sorry, but i needed to get this out of my system. I just hate those yankees so much this whole a-rod fiasco has got the fuel burning even more so.

~Le0

This is the first time in the history of baseball that a reigning league mvp has been traded.

This is also particularly interesting because Arod was *just* named capitan of the Rangers last week.

This is *also* particularly interesting because Arod was supposed to go to the Redsox [it was a big deal then too, in case you don't recall], but the deal didn't go through and now he's going to the Yin to their Yang.

Besides, with no baseball and no football, ESPN is hurting for any remotely interesting stories.

T-minus 30 days and counting...

They won't win this year, despite what people think. There's plenty of time for injuries to set the team back, and for all of the egos to destroy any chemistry they might have.

I disagree with that. the yankees had the most talented team before the a rod trade. Before the ARod deal, I would have made the "paper champion" the Angels. Colon, Guerrero, Glaus, Guillen, etc. that's a stacked team on paper. I don't even think the Yankees are run-away favorites right now. ARod's a righty, and it's hard to be a successful righty slugger at Yankee Stadium, and Boston has righty power pitchers. For me, the most important part of the Yankees success will be Sheffield because he's the best fastball hitter in baseball, and that's what Pedro and Schilling throw the most...

Before the ARod deal, I would have made the "paper champion" the Angels. Colon, Guerrero, Glaus, Guillen, etc. that's a stacked team on paper. I don't even think the Yankees are run-away favorites right now. ARod's a righty, and it's hard to be a successful righty slugger at Yankee Stadium, and Boston has righty power pitchers. For me, the most important part of the Yankees success will be Sheffield because he's the best fastball hitter in baseball, and that's what Pedro and Schilling throw the most...

1. You're wrong, the angels were inferior to the yankees all star staring rotation, bullpen, and lineup.

Brown, Sheffield, Quantrill, Gordon, and Vazquez were all bigger pick ups than what the angels did.

And A Rod is a righty and his power numbers will go down, but check out his hitting chart:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...lub_context=nyy

he hits to all fields and his power is more spread out than soriano's. Will yankee stadium hurt his numbers? Yes. Will it make him impotent? Far from it.

I expect a power drop off from arod, but an increase in obp and though batting average will go down, more good pitches will increase that.