Clay Aiken/Kelly Clarkson Independent Tour 2004

MiRi

I went last night to the Clay Aiken & Kelly Clarkson concert. I must say that it was AMAZING! Clay stole the show. He came out from the audience singing an old 80s song, I forgot the name, but it's pretty popular and a great song. Clay had a medley of different inspirational songs and one of them was a rendition of Sting's "Fields of Gold". Clay sounded great! He sang his popular songs ("Invisible" & "The Way") including other songs off his CD. The thing that stood out to me most about Clay though was his interaction with the fans. He was really down to earth. Some fan up front handed a tour book to him and he signed it while he was singing! This other fan had her cell phone and she had someone on the line. She gave Clay the phone and he was singing into it. Then when he was done with the song, he was talking to the person on the other line. It ended up being the mother of the lady with the phone who couldn't make it to the show. That was really cool.

After Clay, Kelly Clarkson took the stage. She was awesome as well, but not as awesome as Clay. She sang stuff off her CD (esp. my favorite, "Miss Independent") and stuff from the "From Justin to Kelly" movie. Something really nice that Kelly did was that during her song, "Thankful", on the screen there was a slideshow with pictures of her and her family and friend. Later, she sang a duet with Clay, which was a beautiful rendition of Journey's classic, "Open Arms". The show ended with that.

I had a lot of fun at the concert. I hope I can get to see them on tour again.

I WENT!!! FL 1 ROW 4 RIGHT IN THE MIDDEL WEAR THE PART OF THE STAGE JETS OUT..I SWEAR I DIDNT REALLY CARE MUCH FOR CLAY I WAS THERE FOR KELLY SHE'S GORGEOUS! BUT I KINDA LIKE CLAY NOW .. YES OK LETS HERE THE CAKE BAKER JOKES..BUT THAT CONCERT WAS AWESOME.. KELLY SANG THAT SONG BEAUTIFUL DISASTER AND SHE HAD NO FRRIGGIN SHOES ON THOUGHT THE WHOLE THING! MY GOODNESS :p