Everything posted by mva5580
-
Marlins vs Rockies---6:35et---at Coors Field
lead-off double
-
Marlins vs Rockies---6:35et---at Coors Field
It never ceases to amaze me that pitchers actually throw Alex Gonzalez pitches in the strike zone. The guy swings at EVERYTHING. I swear I'd never throw him a strike. But hey, we tied the game. Yay
-
Marlins vs Rockies---6:35et---at Coors Field
That was one absolutely pathetic inning of baseball. Following two lead off singles, NOTHING. 894990[/snapback] Well, Miggy is the only one capable of doing anything substantial. Without Delgado or Ency (not to mention Lo Duca), this team has no hitters. Right now this offense consists of Miggy and Conine getting his hits (but not providing a ton of power). That's it. I am telling you, Miggy will walk like 3-4 times this game. Unless he goes up with the bases loaded, they will not give him anything to hit. Miggy is swinging at bad pitches for a reason... he's not getting anything else. 895000[/snapback] Very true, that's really all that needs to be said.
-
Marlins vs Rockies---6:35et---at Coors Field
As painful as it is to say it, it might be time to bench Lowell once everyone is back and healthy. Get Cabrera to 3rd, Conine to Left, and of course Delgado at 1st. I don't know though. It just sucks.
-
NOW is the time
As of today, the next 21 games are ALL against teams under .500. Every single game. Now is the time.
-
Blackouts on Saturday are a JOKE
This whole Fox/MLB deal where you can't watch any of the games on mlb.tv makes me absolutely sick. Because there is ONE game on locally where I live, I can't watch anything else on the Internet? What is the point of even doing this??? Do they actually think it's gonna make me watch a game I have little to zero interest in? The Cardinals/Dodgers? SO WHAT??!!!! And if it were not for the rain delay, that game would be starting after the Marlins/Nationals game has already been played, it's not like they even coincide with each other. Saturdays drive me absolutely crazy because I can't watch my favorite team play. And for what? When the Cardinals/Dodgers game comes on, I won't be watching. Is there any kind of explanation for this stupid deal?
-
Marlins vs Giants---4:05et---at Barry's Place
Hey, if it happens, it happens. Let's just keep this momentum rolling. The team can only control what happens on the field.
-
Marlins vs Giants---4:05et---at Barry's Place
BOOO YAHAHHH AJ!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Sportscenter **UPDATE**
I just don't like it. I don't wanna see Mikey go
-
The keep AJ thread
By saying that I mean 6 is what I think he's worth, but if some whacky MLB GM payed him 8, I wouldn't be shocked. I guess I shouldn't be shocked by any figure, I'm just throwing out what I think his value is. Considering what he has done up till now, he has definitely NOT earned that big of a contract. I think all he is worth right now is a 3 year deal at around 6 mil a year, because as I've said, he has not proven enough to warrant the kind of money you're talking. IF he goes out and has a stellar 3 years, then fine, he has earned the 10 mil/year kind of contract that you're talking.
-
The keep AJ thread
I guess it depends on what your definition of "a lot more" is on whether or not I'd take that bet. I'm still betting he gets around 6, but absolutely no more than 8. And I still think that's high for his track record. The guy has 43 career wins counting this year. I don't care how much potential he has, he is a big, big risk if you throw that much money at him. He's still a thrower, and not a pitcher. I don't think you give throwers that much money. But hey, if I end up being wrong, that's fine. If it takes anymore than 8 million/year to sign him, I don't want him to stay in Florida. I just don't think you throw that much money at someone who MIGHT be great.
-
The keep AJ thread
Why does everyone think he's going to be unsignable? 867589[/snapback] This is what I have been wondering since this whole thing started. If the reason is the FO just doesn't have the money to pay one more guy, then fine. But what exactly has AJ done up to this point to bring the money that everyone expects he will command? Up till now, the most wins he has had in a season is 12, and he has had the one surgery all GM's dread when it comes to pitchers. I'm not saying the guy won't get a good salary, but to say he'll be a 10 million/year guy is i.m.o outrageous. He has tons of POTENTIAL, and I don't think potential gives you those dollar signs. I'll wager he signs for no more than 6 million/year with whoever it is that signs him.
-
"Marlins, O's still puzzling over trade scenario"
I'd be absolutely thrilled if this trade goes down without Lowell involved. I know the guy is struggling, but I don't care. He's been too important to this franchise, had too many great moments, and is one of the rare "good guys" in sports these days. Keep him.
-
The Florida Marlins vs. The Arizona Diamondbacks
Where were those bombs when I was AT the game last night??? lol anyway good 1st inning guys.
-
I see my team lose a heartbreaker live....
the same night I see rain for the very first time in Arizona since I moved here in may. It's been that kind of season.
-
What is your theory behind poor fan support?
Well I'm telling you right now if HALF of the posters on this site are from Florida, then the answer is undoubtedly that South Florida's fans suck. Because most of the people on this site are awful. The team is the greatest thing ever on the day they win, and the entire team should be shot on a day they lose. And it's like that EVERY SINGLE GAME of an 162 game season. I swear you people are all nuts. I lived in Chicago for 25 years, so you know what the baseball fans have gone through there. And yes there are bad seeds in every baseball town. But in terms of fan base, there is no comparison. I love the Marlins, have since they became a team. But frankly, South Florida does not deserve 2 World Series Championships in the span of 7 years.
-
Gotta trade AJ, his stock is way too high
PLEASE take into consideration that I would not have this opinion if I actually thought the Fish had a chance in hell of resigning AJ. But I just don't see it happening. At the end of the year, we all know this is a guy who will go where the $$ signs are. He will go the way of Pavano and sign with the highest bidder. And for that reason, he HAS to be dealt before the deadline. This is a guy who has the value to attract more than 1 legitimate major league starter and/or the highest quality prospoects a team has to offer. He has huge value, and that has to be take advantage of. Deal him, and make the team better in the long run. Please also note I have these two opinions. This is NOT me saying to give up on the 2005 season. Even without Burnett, the Marlins are still contenders in my opinion. We all know Beckett is gonna be off and on. Between Willis, Beckett, Leiter, Moehler, Olsen, Valdez, and a possible traded player, there is enough there for a rotation to get to the playoffs and then some. Also, when/if Burnett is traded, DO NOT trade him for someone who is way older than he is. For example, no Gary Sheffield. Get players who are at the very least close to him in age. For the good of the team, make the trade. Because if he's kept, he'll leave at the end of the season and we'll all be wishing we got something instead of nothing for him.
-
LET'S GO
NO MORE "the hitting can't get it done" NO MORE "fire bill robinson" NO MORE questions about Al Leiter NO MORE excuses/explanations for Mike Lowell NO MORE curiosities about trade talks. WIN GAMES. This team has what it takes, and we all damn well know it. LET'S GO
-
18 June 2005
People complain when Mota's in there, or Mecir, or anyone not named Jones these days....McKeon has to put someone out there... At the same time, it's hard to keep Vlad down for too long...he's going to get you eventually. 815685[/snapback] BS....mckeon lost this game. 815689[/snapback] Ummm...you do know that it is still in the 8th...and tied, right? 815700[/snapback] Our pen vs. their pen = game over. McKeon gets outmanaged. 815712[/snapback] I'm glad you're not playing on the team. Gee I hope that's what all the position players are thinking right now when they get ready to hit or go in the field.
-
18 June 2005
I understand taking willis out, his pitch count was getting a bit high. But WHY is Mecir the choice? And also considering he pitched last night and Mota had the night off?? That I do not understand.
-
18 June 2005
WHY IS JIM MECIR EVER PUT INTO A GAME. Where is Mota???????? I continue to be baffled at the bullpen decisions that are made.
-
18 June 2005
no way keep the lineup the same, that's what Jack said he would do. And besides Luis is on fire right now, why change him in the order? You can't keep changing around things and expect that to be the difference. These guys just need to start hitting like they are capable of doing. And all of that applies to everyone besides Enc. He's just not a solid everyday player. Conine needs to be out there.
-
18 June 2005
Man I am PISSED at these stupid Fox black out games. Can someone please tell me HOW AND WHY an Internet broadcast can be blacked out???? I live in Arizona and they are showing the Cubs vs. Yankees, so I have to see that mess on my TV instead of my Marlins. Again WHY am I paying 80 dollars for the "Entire" mlb season when games on Fox can be blocked out on the INTERNET???!!!!! :banghead
-
Rumors that could effect the Marlins
He NEVER responds when people ask him who his "sources" are, so give it up. If you ignore children, eventually they go away.
-
6/14 - Marlins @ Cubs -- 8:05 PM ET
You guys crack me up on these gameday threads. It's either the team is unstoppable and we're going to win 10 World Series championships in a row or we absolutely suck and everyone should be demoted to double-A. I would understand this kind of thought process a little more if it was football where it's a short amount of time to get things accomplished. We have 101 games to go. RELAX.