Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. No "team connection"? What does that even mean?
  2. It kills me the first guy off our bench is batting .197 and is named Joe Borchard. The first guy off a of a much better team's bench (the Red Sox) is Wily Mo Pena, hitting .218 with a 77 OPS+. They are bench players because they suck. And if Boone wasn't injured we'd have a guy with a 120+ OPS+ as the first guy off our bench. And if Ross wasn't injured we'd have a guy with like a 170 OPS+ against lefties. Our bench isn't that bad, it is injured. OK. All these if's do not mean sh*t to me. The fact is he is the first guy off the bench and it's killing me. Because we have like 75 guys injured. Understood. Are you done? No.
  3. It kills me the first guy off our bench is batting .197 and is named Joe Borchard. The first guy off a of a much better team's bench (the Red Sox) is Wily Mo Pena, hitting .218 with a 77 OPS+. They are bench players because they suck. And if Boone wasn't injured we'd have a guy with a 120+ OPS+ as the first guy off our bench. And if Ross wasn't injured we'd have a guy with like a 170 OPS+ against lefties. Our bench isn't that bad, it is injured. OK. All these if's do not mean sh*t to me. The fact is he is the first guy off the bench and it's killing me. Because we have like 75 guys injured.
  4. It kills me the first guy off our bench is batting .197 and is named Joe Borchard. The first guy off a of a much better team's bench (the Red Sox) is Wily Mo Pena, hitting .218 with a 77 OPS+. They are bench players because they suck. And if Boone wasn't injured we'd have a guy with a 120+ OPS+ as the first guy off our bench. And if Ross wasn't injured we'd have a guy with like a 170 OPS+ against lefties. Our bench isn't that bad, it is injured.
  5. Also, the chances of any team getting 3 runs in any given inning is probably something like 1000 to 1. Other wise you'd see a lot more teams scoring 27 runs a game instead of 4-6. I'll take 1 run at a time if we can do it consistently over 3 runs and then nothing for a long time.
  6. There has been like one positive post this whole thread. This place is getting to be like a broken record. Every single run we give up is like doomsday. Heh and all you have done lately is call people out on it. Almost as annoying. Then again I could care less. I come here to root for my Fish. Damn Hammer is in one serious funk. I seem to remember him getting into one of these last year as well. Well, in my defense I also got into a really huge stupid argument about Elijah Dukes, so I'm kind of burnt out on the whole "posting on topic thing". So now I'm trying to transform myself into the Robert Christgau of Marlinbaseball.com and just critiquing every thread. At least Hermida didn't strikeout there, right? That would've been way worse. Well I would have liked Hermida to send something into the outfield on a fly. You know...sac fly? Manufacture a run...what a concept. I would've liked to see anything but a double play. Well, in my defense I also got into a really huge stupid argument about Elijah Dukes, so I'm kind of burnt out on the whole "posting on topic thing". So now I'm trying to transform myself into the Robert Christgau of Marlinbaseball.com and just critiquing every thread. Do you have any credentials for critiquing? Any previous experience? I'm not here to argue, I've been on these boards long enough that I'm past that stage..... Aside from that I value my opinion higher than I do any other's? Nope.
  7. I wonder if this team understands that its okay to get more than 1 or 2 runs an inning. It seems like whenever we score 1 or 2 runs an inning we freak out and try to find a way not to score. I'm almost 1000000000% positive that they don't sit in the batter's box thinking "Alright, well Danny just scored, so it's cool if I strike out now".
  8. There has been like one positive post this whole thread. This place is getting to be like a broken record. Every single run we give up is like doomsday. Heh and all you have done lately is call people out on it. Almost as annoying. Then again I could care less. I come here to root for my Fish. Damn Hammer is in one serious funk. I seem to remember him getting into one of these last year as well. Well, in my defense I also got into a really huge stupid argument about Elijah Dukes, so I'm kind of burnt out on the whole "posting on topic thing". So now I'm trying to transform myself into the Robert Christgau of Marlinbaseball.com and just critiquing every thread. At least Hermida didn't strikeout there, right? That would've been way worse.
  9. There has been like one positive post this whole thread. This place is getting to be like a broken record. Every single run we give up is like doomsday.
  10. Tonight's Marlins Song of Inspiration: It Ends Tonight by The All-American Rejects We want them to be inspired so we play them a crappy song by a crappy band that will cause them to play crappy baseball.
  11. Pau Gasol won't stop undressing me with his eyes.
  12. You still know exactly what he says, and the "Mother f***er" is simply said at the same time as a gunshot goes off. It doesn't take anything away from it for me. The movie rocked.
  13. This movie ruled ass. Seriously one of the best action movies I've ever seen.
  14. Best thing ever.
  15. Thats gotta be a balk or something.
  16. How should the Marlins go about working together better? During Dan Ugglas's at bats should Cabrera get behind him and hold his hands and show him how to hit? Should Amazega try to knock the ball down when Hermida hits a grounder to 2nd base? Instead of playing long ball like they always do they should think small. They dont always have to hit that homerun to win games. A sacrifice every now and than can help score some damn runs. No, it can't. You should almost never give up an out to move a runner up unless you have a pitcher at bat. This is a team that hits lots of home runs. Who should start sacrificing? Cabrera? Uggla? Hanley?
  17. How should the Marlins go about working together better? During Dan Ugglas's at bats should Cabrera get behind him and hold his hands and show him how to hit? Should Amazega try to knock the ball down when Hermida hits a grounder to 2nd base?
  18. a dickhead is a dickhead is a dickhead is a dickhead is a dickhead
  19. I read somewhere that vince will be on ecw and apologize for the tribute. And he absolutely should not have to.
  20. A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss is a loss.
  21. .flac is a lossless audio format. Playable in winamp. Takes up like 10 times the space of an MP3 file, but in some people's eyes (not mine, mostly because my only means of playing music is via my ipod and .flac doesn't play on them) it's worth it. Yeah, the sound on that wilco show is spectacular, thanks for the link. I'm enjoying it. If an audio link of the Hold Steady's show comes up make sure to shoot that my way. Need to relive that performance.
  22. yeah i get wat ur saying but calling them a sub.500 team and not a good team is not being negative It's realistic. You expect this team to win every game and to be the best team in the league. The truth is we are not a great team and we aren't going to win most games.
  23. does this f***in game even deserve a game thoughts thread.... that was a simple quick ass kicking Be more negative. It's enjoyable. well u know wat being positive doesnt do sh*t.....this team deserves to be bashed...they dont just lose... they lose games that they can win..... i know we will not get all of them but the good teams that end up 20 games over are the ones that do Wah wah wah. This is not a great baseball team. It's probably not even a good baseball team right now. We are probably a sub .500 baseball team right now. We have two gaping holes in our lineup, or pitching is crap, we play bad defense and we aren't doing anything to fix these issues. We are exactly the same team as we were last season, nothing changed. The only differences are our weakness and strengths changed. Being negative doesn't do anything either. The players don't search these boards for motivation.
  24. does this f***in game even deserve a game thoughts thread.... that was a simple quick ass kicking Be more negative. It's enjoyable.
  25. Freddy needs to take his head out of his ass and figure out what hes going to do. When Fredi struck out I was so pissed off omg

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.