June 27, 200719 yr Author I am on dialup so this loads extremely slow, what kind of pitch is it? It is basically just a trick pitch from Japan. Probably never even used in a real game.
June 27, 200719 yr The shuuto and gyroball are extremely effective. Just because it is from Japan, doesnt mean it wont be effective.
June 28, 200719 yr In the second half of the video you can clearly see the pitch called a strike. But at the same time one of the posters on break.com noticed as I did and I'm sure some of you there appears to be virtually no one in the stands. This guy may be the Max Patkin of Japan. All that said it's a helluva pitch.
June 28, 200719 yr Doesn't even look like it was a real game. I don't think the batter was even wearing a helmet. Pretty cool for screwing around, but that isn't gonna fly in a game. Funny however.
July 2, 200719 yr :lol I have used that "pitch" before as a joke when I was being a jerk and pitching to my nephew [kid is 7 and has a k-zone like Vlad!]. You guys have never seen this before?
July 2, 200719 yr That definitely doesnt look like a real game situation with the way they show the reactions of everyone off the field. Plus, if that batter didnt think it was a joke he couldve waited on it and hit the hell out of it but he started backing up right away, its not like he was fooled. But some nice accuracy there
July 2, 200719 yr It's basically an eephus, thrown behind the back. There are tons of major league pitchers who have had some success using the eephus, including El Duque.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.