Everything posted by bobbob1313
-
You-Know-Who has "spotted a flaw"
Not the "Voldemort realizes that the debt Wormtail owes Harry may come back to haunt him in book #7" thread I was expecting.
-
Old Music Thread
I've somehow never listened to that Liz Phair album, though I've always wanted to. A lot of people think it's the best album of the 90's. I have seen Liz Phair live, though. I'm putting Guyville on my To Do List for May. I've never been able to make a Top 5 for songs. There's not even one song I could name that would definitely make it. In fact, I would probably need to go to at least a Top 20 before I could guarantee any song would make such a list. As for your Top 5, SoFla...Save It For Later is one of those songs I never get sick of. My favorite Smiths song is probably Bigmouth Strikes Again. I have no idea what my favorite Pixies song is, but it's not Velouria, no offense to Velouria. I am unfamiliar with Dramarama. MY favorite Pixies song would be "Where Is My Mind". GReat tune. My top 5 right now would be: "Jesus Etc."- Wilco "Rosalita"- Bruce Springsteen "Astral Weeks"- Van Morrison "No Surprises"- Radiohead "Something"- The Beatles That was tough, and it'll change in the next 5 minutes. Speaking of old music... For the first time I am going out of my way to listen to a Grateful Dead album. American Beauty. Only because I saw an episode of Freaks and Geeks last night which featured some songs from it that actually sounded good. My biggest beef with the Dead is that you can't just think they are ok. YOu have to love them, or you can't like them at all. And for the most part, I've not liked what I like. But I'm enjoying this album. Not at all jammy. I could see my self liking this album a lot. Let's see all of your top 10 albums of all time. MIne would resemble this: Wilco- Yankee Hotel Foxtrot The Beatles- Abbey Road The Clash- London Calling Bob Dylan- Highway 61 Revisited Weezer- Pinkerton Radiohead- OK Computer Van Morrison- Astral Weeks The Arcade Fire- Funeral The Flaming Lips- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Bright Eyes- I'm Wide Awake It's Morning So as you can tell, I'm not of the opinion that no good new music ever comes out, seeing as 4 of my top 10 were released in the past 5 years, and 2 in the last 2 years.
-
New Music Thread
i dunno any these names...... but as far as rap goes Paul Wall and Mims albums are so garbage you couldnt pay me to listen to that sh*t..... young buck album is hot....... hip hop heads kno what im talkin bout, go cop that sh*t Not a fan of any of those. There hasn't been a good hip hope album since the Ghostface Killah allbum That said, there's supposed to be a kanye west album this year, and I'd like to see something new from Common.
-
How do you track someone down?
I know just the people...
-
The Riches
show is heatin up...anyone else like it??? Is it wrong i think minnie driver's kinda hot? "Duh."
-
Old Music Thread
Radiohead lost me around the time of Kid A. I thought it was okay, but didn't really understand why it was being proclaimed as a landmark album. I still don't. Their early stuff--especially OK Computer--is great. OK Computer is possibly in my 10 favorite albums ever. I still like most of what they do, but I like what many other bands are doing quite a bit more. Yeah, you can't really be in the middle about Kid A. If you're in you've gotta be in "whole hog", as my friend says. I personally think it's one of the most terrifyingly gorgeous albums ever made.
-
New Music Thread
And my favorite album from last year comes from another Coachella artist, the Silversun Pickups. The album is titled Carnavas. And the first place people tend to go when describing their sound is to compare them to early Smashing Pumpkins. So, yeah. Yeah, that album is great. Not a weak moment in it. The video for Lazy Eye is great too. Hmm, I've heard mixed things about it. I'll look into picking it up. I liked "Lazy Eye" except for the fact that it sounded way too much like Mellon Collie era Pumpkins. I felt Billy Corgan should've gotten some royalty checks for that one.
-
New?
T E X A S A & M I wouldn't have come here if I knew there was going to be so many white people though. THanks for another racist, hate-filled post. Whites suck. Half of me is so offended right now. And half of me agrees. But either way, I'm only even vaguely aware of who you are.
-
New?
T E X A S A & M I wouldn't have come here if I knew there was going to be so many white people though. THanks for another racist, hate-filled post.
-
New Music Thread
I just love how Allen's accent is still prevelant in her singing. I love how she sounds. That song is basically the ultimate anti-man song, but it still is a good pop single. On the subject of pop songs, I may have to duck for saying this, and I don't think I'd ever mention this to my friends in person but that Fergie Glamorous song is solid/catchy. Its easily her best single, not saying much because I thought all her other 'efforts' were absolutely sh*t. My pop music selection is heavily skewed by whatever my fiancee has burned when I ride in her car so I don't hear that much variety or whatever. My pop selection is skewed by whatever VH1 and MTV play late at night. Everyone else seems to love "Glamorous" but i just can't get into it. The only thing I've liked that she's been involved with was "Gone Going" off their last cd, and thats only because it's one of my favorite Jack Johnson songs.
-
New?
None of those schools are in miami lolozlzol oh, i knew that but thanks anyway lol I was just like joking and stuff. I like random threads. It allows me to post random things.
-
New?
None of those schools are in miami lolozlzol
-
New Music Thread
I'm also completely in love with Lilly Allen and her single "Smile".
-
New?
no, its the dicks anyway, i'm thinking miami-dade to start off because i don't want to leave miami. Eventually i'll get into a university but i'm not sure which ones to apply to yet. F. I. U.
-
New?
I've not been keeping track of this thread. How did it get to 4 pages?
-
New Music Thread
The Hold Steady album is fantastic. I don't have anything backing this up but they seem liked they'd be absolutely stellar live. The Hold Steady were the only band I considered a must see at Langerado. I hope they come back down to MIami, but I'm almost positive they are playing at Bonnaroo, so I'll hopefully see them there.
-
New Music Thread
I've been listening to the new Bright Eyes album a lot lately, as well as the Hold Steady's album from last year. Both of them are extremely great. As far as new music goes on the radio, the new Avril Lavigne song is among the worst things I've ever heard. And that song by Daughtry or whatever it is is pretty awful too. "Sweet Escape" and "Read Your Mind" get my votes for best songs on the Radio right now. Also, I'm quite dissapointed by the new Maroon 5 single. I really liked most of the stuff of Jane, but this new song is a terribly misguided idea. Not sure what they were thinking.
-
Old Music Thread
Well its things like, in Airbag there are those sleigh bells playing. I like them and think they are cool but if someone said around some Radiohead fans that they thought the bells were dumb, they'd be bludgeoned. "The sleigh bells were absolute genius! If you don't like them, you don't know what you are talking about!" Then when you find out that Thom Yorke wanted the bells in randomly and the band thought it was a retarded idea and he eventually got his way and latter he even admitted he thought it was dumb. :lol Its more of me just ranting on fan bases, especially ones like Radiohead's then a knock on anything the band has done. Radiohead grew on me slowly in high school. I used to not like them but they are one of those bands that you almost have to give multiple listens to and the album got better and better with each listen. You just described Wilco and their fan base. I spend a lot of time on a Wilco message board and it's exactly like that...
-
Old Music Thread
Radiohead is great. I do think people go a little overboard with them though and they are one of those 'can do no wrong' bands where their fan base is so intense that absolutely everything they do is brilliant and if you don't care for it, your music tastes suck, etc. Kind of like how Nine Inch Nails has become. I can't stand rabid music fan bases. That said, I like them a lot. OK Computer is definitely my favorite of their discog. I'm stuck between Kid A and Ok Computer, but regardless both are in my top 20 of all time. I kind of think they can do no wrong mostly because in my opinion they've done very little wrong so far. And the new songs I've heard give no indication that they are slipping at all. That said, I have no qualms with those who don't like them. There's a lot to not get.
-
Old Music Thread
I recently rediscovered Radiohead's The Bends. It was one of those albums I never really got. I enjoyed it, but I didn't understand the "Best Album of the 90's" or "Best Album Ever" titles people like to bestow upon it, and I still don't. But I do understand where it's coming from. Thats a great album.
-
Album Leaks...
Yeah, Get Behind Me Satan didn't get as much love as it should have. Their earlier stuff hasn't either. A lot of people think their discog started with Elephant but I liked De Stijl and their self-titled album a lot. I love De Stijl and White Stripes, but I feel they really had one of the best 3 album streaks of all time with White Blood Cells-Elephant-Get Behind Me Satan. Elephant and Get Behind Me saw some serious uncalled for backlash, but I see them as logical conclusions to the maturity of the Stripes sound. Jack White is such a talented song writer that you just can't expect him to stay on the same style forever.
-
Album Leaks...
I've been hearing/reading the White Stripes new album is leaking within the week. I highly doubt that. The album just finished recording the last day of February and doesn't even have a firm release date (as in without a doubt). I don't think they will be sending out promo CDs or having listening parties yet either. I'd really love to get to know the new Stripes songs before I see them at Bonnaroo. I'm looking forward to this album alot. They haven't let me down yet.
-
Do-nuts! Do-nuts!
Just had my free sausage, egg and cheese crossaint, and I topped it off with a nice coffee. Excellent.
-
Babe Bowl VI: Redux | Nominations
Emmy Rossum and Amanda Bynes.
-
I did it, I am a United States Marine
I just came back from the game, when I walked up the stairs to leave the ENTIRE section gave me a standing ovation and everyone was yelling out oorah and Semper Fi and whatnot, it was amazing. Congratulations. Maybe one day you'll be one of the marines on the field for the pregame celebration. When do they do that? You didn't happen to know a guy named Ted Young when you were there did you? That's my cousin and he also just graduated from Marine boot camp, I'm going to see him this friday. Does he look like Cuba Gooding Jr? Because we had a Young in my platoon and his nickname was Radio, he got selected for presidential duty. I kept an eye out for you but I didn't see you. Too bad.