Everything posted by bobbob1313
-
Marlins @ Astros, 4/16, 8:05 PM
Gotta love Josh and Logan.
-
Shooting at Va Tech
I really do believe that the police were acting on their best information. No one would have anticipated the turn the situation took at Norris Hall. I know questions will be asked, and policies reviewed, but I feel that this is one of those acts of human cruelty that simply cannot be anticipated.
-
Shooting at Va Tech
Not being a dick or anything but it is times like these I'm glad I live off-campus. I pray there are not a bunch of copy cat crimes in the coming days. I'm really worried. There's a whole lot going on in my room right now since my suitemate deals and he's been accused by a bunch of people (including my roommate and I) of stealing their possessions like laptops, 360's, ipods, and jewelry and a lot of people have been looking for him. I'm just worried because of how lax security is that something may happen.
-
Shooting at Va Tech
What really scares me is that on saturday someone broke into my room and stole my laptop and had no problem getting in. Imagine if the guy had been like this guy and was looking to kill someone and I had happened to be in the room. I'm terrified right now, honestly. I usuaully don't get worked up about stuff like this, but with my suitemate apparently about to get into a huge fight in his room and all of this, I just don't feel safe... At FIU there's armed FIU officers always patrolling. Don't know how it is at VT. I find it hard to believe it was just two guns as well. Yeah, but FIU only has 2 officers patrolling. Not much they would've been able to do...
-
Knocked Up
I never realized that the guy who did 40 Year Old Virgin was the same guy who made Freaks And Geeks and is also doing this. He's great.
-
Tours coming down south
My Chemical Romance this sunday. I'll be there, but I'd rather be at Clap Your Hands Say Yeah instead...
-
Olsen figured out what he did wrong today....
Once again....Olsen comes up small......he annoys me more then anyone with his cocky attitude....walking the pitcher was disasterous. and yet you probably liked one of AJ Burnett or Josh Beckett I loved AJ....still do....and he got so much sh*t for his antics....how do we pardon Olsen for the fight with Mess....the bravado that is not backed up with performance. AJ Burnett is awful. He's a cocky prick who has never been as good as he thinks he is.
-
Post Your Vote: Eva Green VS. Crystal (SBB.com)
Eva
-
Post Your Vote: Trish Stratus VS. Maria Cucinotta
Maria.
-
Post Your Vote: Diane Lane VS. Claudia Lynx
Lane
-
Post Your Vote: Katherine Heigl VS. Nicole Scherzinger
Heigle
-
For anyone who doubts Beinfest...
I'm getting really tired of this issue from both sides. He's not the best and he's not the worst. He's about average.
-
Tours coming down south
Flaming Lips this friday. Always a fun time. The Flaming Lips for free at UF on Sunday. I'm so jealous!! I paid 75 for tickets down here... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: Are you serioues!?? They are one of my favorite bands, they put on an amazing live show, and it sold out before I even found out they were coming here. So I bit the bullet and bought them, no big deal. I've paid much more ridiculous prices for concerts. I'm looking to be a music journalist when I get out of college, so I figure I should see as many live shows as I can, so much of my money goes to travel and show expenses. Definetly worth it. Never had more fun at a concert than tonight. Wayne Coyne may not be the best singer of all time, but he's a hell of an entertainer. Nothing better than the Flips taking the stage right after sunset and dancing your ass off. The thing that makes them so fun is that it seems like the guys on stage (the band, not the guys in santa outfits) seem to have as much fun doing it as the people in the crowd. A Flaming Lips concert is like an emotional release. Whatever bad stuff you are feeling is wiped out for a couple of hours as you just enjoy this community spirit of dancing and singing to these great songs. The highlight was the tribute of "Taps" to the soldiers in Iraq followed by the segue into "Waitin' For A Superman." I got chills.
-
Tours coming down south
Flaming Lips this friday. Always a fun time. The Flaming Lips for free at UF on Sunday. I'm so jealous!! I paid 75 for tickets down here... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: Are you serioues!?? They are one of my favorite bands, they put on an amazing live show, and it sold out before I even found out they were coming here. So I bit the bullet and bought them, no big deal. I've paid much more ridiculous prices for concerts. I'm looking to be a music journalist when I get out of college, so I figure I should see as many live shows as I can, so much of my money goes to travel and show expenses.
-
New Music Thread
Cool. Pulp's OK by me. I was worried he's take off and do something way off like a lot of lead singers do when they go solo. Glad to see he's sticking to what got him here. kid LOOOOVES pulp now and the good the bad and the queen is a freaking masterpiece. whoever said "wasted talent" is out of his mind that thing is so creative and imaginative its not even funny. I didn't say wasted talent, but I said it is dissapointing. It's a little too predictable coming from the people it did. Believe me, I love the album, and it's one of my favorites of the year.
-
Kurt Vonnegut
I'm quite saddened by this. He was an incredibly important and influential writer, not to mention his immense skill. And one of the only people who has never been afraid to say anything he wanted, and was one of the few people to call out Bush in the run up to Iraq. "A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved." http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/books/12vonnegut.html?hp RIP, Kurt. You'll be missed.
-
Old Music Thread
Listening to "Let's Not sh*t Ourselves" by Bright Eyes from Lifted, or the Story Is In The Soil and I've realized this may be my favorite song of all time, actually. Each one of the verses stands on it's own as an incredibly piece of imagery and each one is among my favorite lyrics ever. Well the animals laugh from the dark of the wilderness A baby cries hard in an apartment complex As I pass in a car buried under the influence The city's driving me out of my mind I've seen a child, he's caught in the sad trap of gravity He falls from the lowest branch of the apple tree And lands in the grass, and weeps for his dignity Next time he will not aim so high Yeah, next time, neither will I Now a mother takes loans out, sends her kids off to colleges Her family's reduced to names on a shopping list While a coroner kneels beneath a great wooden crucifix He knows there's worse things than being alone And so I've learned to retreat at the first sign of danger I mean, why wait around, if it's just to surrender? And ambition, I've found, can lead only to failure I do not read the reviews No, I am not singing for you Well, I stood dropping a coin into the pit of a well And I would throw my whole billfold if I thought it would help With all these wishes I make, I should buy something real At least a telephone to call home Well, my teachers, they built this retaining wall of memory All those multiple choices I answered so quickly And got my grades back, and forgot just as easily But at least I got an A And so I don't have them to blame Well I should stop pointing fingers, reserve my judgement Of all those public action figures, the cowboy presidents So loud behind the bullhorn, so proud they can't admit When they've made a mistake Well, poison ink spews from a speechwriter's pen He knows he don't have to say it so it, it don't bother him Honesty, accuracy, just popular opinion And the approval rating's high And so someone's gonna die Well, ABC, NBC, CBS bulls*** They give us fact or fiction, I guess an even split And each new act of war is tonight's entertainment We're still the pawns in their game As they take eye for an eye, until no one can see We must stumble blindly forward, repeating history Well I guess we all fit into your slogan in that fast food marquee Red-blooded, white skinned, oh and the blues Oh, and the blues, I got the blues, that's me! (That's me!) That's me! Well I awoke in relief, my sheets and tubes were all tangled Weak from whiskey and pills in a Chicago hospital And my father was there, in a chair by the window Staring so far away I tried talking, just whispered, "So sorry, so selfish" He stopped me and said, "Child, I love you regardless There's nothing you could do that would ever change this I'm not angry, it happens But you just can't do it again" So now I try to keep up, I've been exchanging my currency While a million objects pass through my periphery Now I'm rubbing my eyes, cause they're starting to bother me I've been staring too long at the screen But where was it when I first heard that sweet sound of humility? It came to my ears in the goddamn loveliest melody How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery To love and to be loved Let's just hope that is enough
-
Offensive Crapfest in Baltimore
So much for that. Grand slam for craig monroe.
-
Tours coming down south
Flaming Lips this friday. Always a fun time. The Flaming Lips for free at UF on Sunday. I'm so jealous!! I paid 75 for tickets down here...
-
The Imus Situation
Here is another question: Why should Imus, or anyone for that matter, have to apologize to Al Sharpton and Jesee Jackson? With their shady and racist pasts, it is amazing that people still have to walk on egg shells around them. This matter should be between Imus and the Rutgers players. To quote Token in South Park: "Jesse Jackson isn't the Emperor of all Black people.
-
New Music Thread
The Good The Bad The Queen album is really good, though it's sort of a dissapointment with the ridiculous talent in the band.
-
New Music Thread
I can see the Stripes being a lot of things, but boring isn't one of them.
-
New Music Thread
Thats definetly the best cover the Stripes have ever had. And Fox, I'll look for those albums. Thanks.
-
A-Rod up with the bases loaded
As FJM.com said, "Pssh, Mr. April Strikes again. Scott Brosius would've waited until October." Yeah...Brosius >>>>>>>>> ARod 4 sure!!!!! omg lol it wuz a joke lolz
-
A-Rod up with the bases loaded
As FJM.com said, "Pssh, Mr. April Strikes again. Scott Brosius would've waited until October."