Everything posted by bobbob1313
-
Marlins High School Media Day '07
it was announced on the official website, any one could of done it. You just had to fax in your name and school. They provided us with guest passes. pretty cool. We also got to go in the FSN truck. I did this in my Junior year. Definetly a fun experience.
-
Akon dropped by Verizon after incident with 15 year old girl
"wah wah wah"
-
Borat to be Freddie Mercury?
Am I the only classic rock fan who finds Queen to be "meh"? Nope. There are many bands pretty far ahead of them. It kind of bugs me when they're mentioned in the same breath as the Big 3. Who exactly is this Big 3 and why did you leave out at least one of Pink Floyd/The Who/The Beatles/Led Zeppelin? You put Pink Floyd there and leave out the Stones? The Big 3 IMO is Beatles, stones, Who.
-
Trade-In/Sell Your iPod Online Services
I need an iPod...
-
Akon dropped by Verizon after incident with 15 year old girl
Does anybody else hate this guy as much as I do? "Don't Matter" is the best song on the radio right now, bar none.
-
Game Thoughts...
Once again we are defeated by a dominant pitcher. We make these guys look like Nolan Ryan out there. We need to stop being so agressive. Hermida out there taking pitches in the 2 slot would look awfully nice...
-
Monday Round Up: Jesus Silva 5 no hit innings
I can't believe we called up Reed over Reggie...
-
Borat to be Freddie Mercury?
Am I the only classic rock fan who finds Queen to be "meh"? They've made some great stuff and some awful stuff, just like most classic rock bands who aren't the Beatles.
-
Tours coming down south
MCR is a phenomenal live band, it's just that their songs outside of the Black parade are nothing special. Interesting, I think the same way as you except about Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. Eh, agree to disagree. I thought Black Parade might've been one of the best albums of 2006 (the Hold Steady was better, and probably a couple of others), but everything else I've heard from them hasn't really left any sort of impression. When I saw them live, it really just confirmed this. With the exception of the Black Parade and "Helena" (That "whats the worst thing I could say" part especially) I'm "meh" about them.
-
Tours coming down south
I have to say I'm pretty excited about James Morrison, Ben Folds, and John Mayer in august. That should be a great show, I love Folds and Mayer's music, and Mayer's live shows are supposed to be incredible when he does his blues sets. And Morrisons not too bad either. What other shows are you going to? This is what I have lined up for this summer June 22 Lynyrd Skynyrd July 28 Rage Against the Machine Aug 9 Vans Warped Aug 18 Download Festival (bands havent been announced yet so I may not go) Aug 20 Ozzfest Aug 24 Linkin Park I am going to try and get Family Values tour in somehow. I am debating going to see nickleback in july. I'll be going up to Tennessee in June for Bonnaroo, so that's taking up a good chunk of my money, but I'm considering going to Orlando for Bright Eyes next week, Atlanta for Wilco (thats right after Bonnaroo, so it's doable), and I'm definetly going to try for Freefest (Ozzfest), and Warped Tour. And probably the John Mayer concert, and I'm thinking that the Reel Big Fish show at Revolution sounds awfully tempting. Thats an awful lot of concerts for someone with a limited budget. I need to figure out how I'm going to do this.
-
IMDB Trivia Question
Who is the only (i presume) actor to have every one of his movies in the IMDB Top 250? ..and I'm not talking about a random guy who played a dead body in saving private ryan. I'm going to say Tom Hanks, but it could be Leonardo Dicaprio.
-
Tours coming down south
I'll definetly see them live, but I can't say that the prospect of a new ACDC album has me too excited...
-
Tours coming down south
I have to say I'm pretty excited about James Morrison, Ben Folds, and John Mayer in august. That should be a great show, I love Folds and Mayer's music, and Mayer's live shows are supposed to be incredible when he does his blues sets. And Morrisons not too bad either.
-
Tours coming down south
Honestly, man. I've seen Linkin Park live 2 times and it's nothing to write home about. MCR is a phenomenal live band, it's just that their songs outside of the Black parade are nothing special. Guess we just have our different styles... I saw LP at Family Values and their Meteora tour and they were SICK! I can't say they were the best because ive seen way to many shows, but no doubt they are in my top 5, possibly top 3... They know how to get the crowd going... I saw them at Bonzai in like 2001 and then again on the Meteora tour and I left underwhelmed both times. I just felt they didn't do anything too much different from their albums, and that type of music tends to get boring after a while, especially if you don't change it up. This is what puts a band like Godsmack over them in a live setting. I'd say LP has much better songs, but Godsmack doesn't just play their songs and walk off stage. They reinvent the songs in a live setting and enchance them with solos and fills that aren't on the record. This was probably my one complaint about MCR. They are really good live, and energetic, but they play almost to a "t" what is on the record.
-
Tours coming down south
Honestly, man. I've seen Linkin Park live 2 times and it's nothing to write home about. MCR is a phenomenal live band, it's just that their songs outside of the Black parade are nothing special.
-
First Republican Primary Debate
Barack Obama eats babies. + = Da truef
-
Tommy Hutton is right...
So you actually disagree with Tommy and you think this team's make up is just fine? Or do you mean literal make up? Because I've noticed Cabrera and Uggla have both been sporting that weird ass batman face paint during day games and quite frankly, it looks ridiculous. If thats what you mean then yes, you are right.
-
5/7/2007: L.A. Dodgers @ Florida Marlins
Pitch well, hit well, field well and have fun boys!! sorry :bases_homerun: I'm thinking about making my way down to the stadium if I can find anyone to go with.
-
Akon dropped by Verizon after incident with 15 year old girl
That honestly looks like it hurt him. Was he wearing a cup?
-
Tours coming down south
MCR is really good live, but I wouldn't see them unless it was the Black Parade tour.
-
Attendance
Holy sh*t, I can't believe nobody realized this before. I bet if Jeff had this information he wouldn't have done the fire sale. If only....
-
Clemens is a Yankee
Thats a good point. Just off the top of my head they signed JD Drew, Manny, Ortiz (I'll give them credit because he wasnt good when they signed him), Lugo, Dice-K, Coco (I believe). Lets also not forget they got Lowell and Beckett because the marlins couldnt afford them. How is that different from the yankees? That is where the disconnect occurs. To me it seems (correct me if I am wrong) that you percieve signing free agents as evil. I will never criticize a team for signing free agents if it makes sense. I love free agency. I love owners that spend. Steinbrenner is the best owner in sports in terms of investing money he makes on the team back in to the team because he cares so much about winning. I've said before on this board I believe Steinbrenner should go in to the Hall of Fame for the way he embraced the changing baseball economics (there was a time in baseball where the owners all had an under the table agreement not to 'cave in' to free agency when it began and not negotiate with any of the players on the open market) and how he revolutionized the game that way. I don't get why you and others commend a move like Ortiz because they got payoff for very little. Is that the only way a deal is good or a team is good when it wins with only home grown talent or gets more from a player then they paid for? If you believe this, it's fine and your opinion but there is little I can say to change your stance. Manny is a bad move because he was a young man entering his prime and they gave him money to do that for them? How is that 'wrong'? If you believe signing free agents is bad then I just can't continue this conversation because we will be getting nowhere. I dont have a problem with free agency. The yankees can sign anyone they want and so can the red sox. I just dont understand why redsox fans think they arent like the yankees now? They have the second highest payroll and spent $200 million on three players last offseason. If the marlins could spend that much I would want them too. However, if we were spending that much and we were lumped in with the yankees I would have to agree. If you don't see a difference in the talent and team the Red Sox have constructed as opposed to the Yankees well again, I can't really get in to this discussion much more. 200 million? What are you talking about? The Red Sox are paying those 3 players about 30 million collectively a year and if you want to look at the total ammount of their salaries at the time of signing, which has little to do with anything when you are talking about the overall long term strength of a franchise, etc. the deals ammount to a total of 158 million (5/70, 6/52, and 4/36). Again, I have no idea what that has to do with anything to dispute the points I have made between the fundamental difference between the way the two conduct business. The Red Sox are going to have about 35 million coming off the books this year. I usually agree with you, but you are way off on this. The Sox have Papelbon, Youkilis, and Pedrioa as their home grown talents right now. The Yankees have Jeter, Mo, Cano, Wang, and Posada. So it looks like the Red Sox have thrown more money at problems than the Yankees, but really they are two sides of the same coin.
-
5th Annual Awards to take place August 13
I'm going for the "Who?" award.
-
Liberty City Marlins
Hey! Crime is Everywhere! Burglerized twice in Peckerwood Pines! Grandma was mugged and dragged by a car hanging on to her purse strap! Before she knew what hit her, she was laying in the parking lot of Pubics i mean Publix, in Hollywood! Whatever keeps the team here man! That's Muy Importante! Dumb post of the year!11
-
5th Annual Awards to take place August 13
Ooh, this should be fun.