Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. I'm really curious. It sounds alot more serious than you are making it out to be, Fox. "Boston Red Sox starter Josh Beckett, the first seven-game winner in the majors, left after four innings on Sunday with a torn flap of skin on his right middle finger and failed in his attempt to tie a franchise record with a victory in his first eight starts. Beckett allowed two runs in the first inning and left trailing 2-0. He struck out seven and walked two before Kyle Snyder relieved to start the fifth. "My skin broke and it just ripped more and more each pitch," Beckett said. "Hopefully, I can make my next start. But that is a big 'hopefully.'"" Per Sportsline.com Does not sound promising. A torn flap of skin sounds like it could be as bad as a blister.
  2. What is it? A cut? A blister? An irritation? Have they said what it is exactly? Irritation is way vague, and could be seen as blister.
  3. Yeah, I could definetly see that. More so, I'd say they have an industrial type of sound at times reminiscent of early NIN, who I could see being influenced by the likes of Depeche Mode. But that definetly makes sense, they've got some great pop sensibilities, it's just too bad they've backed themselves in a corner. I appreciate that they've tried to move away from it, but it feels so calculated on the new album. They conciously made a decision to not do the rap/rock thing anymore, and the transition seems forced.
  4. I stuck it in here cause it came out in like 2003 so I didnt consider it "new" music". Oh well, a mod can move it if they want. bobbob.....Limp Bizkit could also be considered "catchy rock-rap" yet IMO they never put anything out that could sniff Meteora's depth and killer hooks Well, Limp Bizkit was more rap than rock for the most part (first album maybe less so). They were more influenced by The Beastie Boys than anything else. Whereas Linkin Park was more influenced by metal acts than anything. This is all conjecture, but I've always felt LP had the over the top seriousness of metal bands while the Bizkits took themselves a little less seriously. I saw more Wu Tang than Metallica in them.
  5. ^ That would go in the aptly titled, 'New Music' thread. A few of us already talked about it. A mod should split that off and move it and delete my post. He's talking about their last album.
  6. Their first 2 cd's are really solid for what they are, which is catchy rock-rap. Nothing much, nothing less. The new one is awful.
  7. Let's see the Train get back on track... Pun or not, we desperately need a good outing from him.
  8. That album is so out there, it took me a while to get it. The playing is completely sloppy, the bass seems to do whatever the hell it wants, and it can't tell if it's a pop punk album or a folk album. But once I got it, it is a great great album. Probably overrated by some, but I think it's one of the great albums of the 90's.
  9. you dont need guys to write the music with, you can get on that any tim you want. Just gotta find something to write about. Ive been going at it for over a year now, it comes easy with a few ideas, i could show you a few tracks if you want. I've got a friend who wants to put his poetry to music, so I may just start there.
  10. Wood shouldn't start.
  11. I thought it was a bad trade from the beginning.
  12. Wasn't Baker the Billy Beane Moneyball catcher?
  13. Been gone for a few days... Just got back in town... Went to CornerStone 07' in Orlando this weekend... Saw tons of bans! 50+ My favorties (the ones I went to see): Pillar, Underoath, As I lay dying, The Showdown.. My friend went to that this weekend. The same friend who didn't have the money to go to Atlanta and see the Arcade Fire. He didn't tell me he was going to this. I'm f***ing pissed at him. That is pretty messed up... Tickets were 50 bucks a head if you didnt know... Wow, and I was gonna give him the AF ticket free.
  14. Been gone for a few days... Just got back in town... Went to CornerStone 07' in Orlando this weekend... Saw tons of bans! 50+ My favorties (the ones I went to see): Pillar, Underoath, As I lay dying, The Showdown.. My friend went to that this weekend. The same friend who didn't have the money to go to Atlanta and see the Arcade Fire. He didn't tell me he was going to this. I'm f***ing pissed at him.
  15. Congratulations, my friends. Hope we don't see less of you around now that you are a real life adult and all.
  16. Holly, please don't call him Jerms...
  17. bobbob1313 replied to Ramp's topic in Off-Topic
    If you like this movie then you are obviously mentally retarded Sweet post, dude.
  18. It is also worth noting that Oliver Perez, Peavy, and Penny are all strike out pitchers. I know those guys had 10+Ks against us, but those are pitchers that are good at striking batters out. Sure we have to try to cut down the Ks, but the truth is we're scoring plenty of runs and are losing games anyway, so the strikeouts have not been the reason we're under .500 Actually Penny is a ground-ball pitcher, and to make it worse, 13 of the 14 K's that our hitters struck out on were "fastballs" :thumbdown He was hitting 97 that day. "Fastballs" my ass..
  19. what kind of music are you into? what did you cover/what would you write I'm into all kinds of music, which is sort of the problem. Working by myself, I can't decide what I'd want to write. I love garage rock/pop punk ala The Strokes or Exploding Hearts, and I would love to play that kind of music in a band, but it's hard to write songs like that unless you have a band. The songs I recorded were Wilco's "Airline to Heaven", "Why Would You Wanna Live" and the Beatles "Norwegian Wood". Just acoustic, which I guess would be what I'd want to write, but I feel like something uptempo would be more fun to play. I need to find people to start a band.
  20. i had no clue that you guys all recorded, do you write your own stuff? I've only recorded a couple of things (covers) but I've been thinking about starting to write my own music, I just don't really know how to go about it.
  21. I don't know the answer, but all this talk about Mabdul handling my golden balls is getting me hot and bothered.
  22. Damn screaming kids tested my sanity. For real. I left my fish tank seats after 1 inning and moved behind first base to get away.
  23. I was there. There were no more than 1,000 if you take the kids out...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.