Jorge Julio Appreciation Thread

PBCMarlinsFan

I was one of the original 3 Julio haters, but I have to say that at the end I felt somewhat bad for him.

Beinfest was so blinded by his man-crush that he was continually forced into situations where he couldn't possibly succeed. His departure does not make us better, nor worse, and as Jon says, he was hardly the biggest issue needing to be addressed as he could have been easily hidden if we were willing to back off from the insistence that he should pitch innings of consequence.

It was amazing how bad Julio was from the moment he got here. It didn't matter if it was spring training, closing, not closing, rehab assignments....just consistently bad. I don't think there has ever been one Marlin who did not look good in at least one outing somewhere in the organization.

I just want to know why the heck he got the closers job in the first place....he was run out of 3 places last year, Baltimore, NY and Arizona and we HAND him the closers job.....bad job on this by Beinfest, that can;t be ignored....

just send Julio to Iraq

Jorge, all i can say is that i'm sorry anybody ever expected you to perform at any level better than AAA. I wish you well. You're a bad pitcher, but it's not your fault that you were pitching in the major leagues. Farewell and happy trails. Cheers to many years of dominance in some random minor league AAA stadium, amigo.