Everything posted by bobbob1313
-
New Music Thread
I'm going to have to check out that Blonde Redhead album, along with a bunch of other ones once I get back home from school and I can get back on the Pig site.
-
Tours coming down south
Let me know how the Arcade Fire are. I'll be seeing them in Atlanta in exactly one week. So excited for that.
-
Post Your Vote: Kelly Brook VS. Monica Leigh
Kell. E.
-
Bomb threat at FIU
I went to FIU for a semester and I left because I had people threatening my life and I did not feel safe there. It is a shame because I did like the school in itself. Anyways, when I left I filed police reports and reports in housing hoping that they'd open their eyes to sh*t like this going down and do something before someone gets hurt, but even with evidence they didn't do a thing and dropped everything I filed. I've been scared since I've left about people getting hurt. Maybe this is a copycat and maybe it's not serious, but I could easily see something happening here, especially after my experience. My suitemate has been leaving threatening notes for me and my roommate because he thinks we robbed him. Of course, we think he robbed us. Quite funny.
-
Tours coming down south
My Chemical Romance this sunday. I'll be there, but I'd rather be at Clap Your Hands Say Yeah instead... MCR puts on a good show, and I can't blame them for 90% of the audience being 14 y/o girls. I loved that they played all of The Black Parade front to back, because as they proved tonight, that entire album + Helena is the only thing they've ever done that is worth a damn. But what gives with only playing for like an hour and 10 minutes? I've never seen a headliner play for as short a set.
-
Super Saturday Concert Questions
I thought Cheap Trick was great, and they got me to stay the whole time just to hear "Surrender". Damn, is that a top notch song.
-
New Music Thread
This goes in New Music, even though it's made by an old Musician: Macca's new single is out. I like it. Nowhere near as good as "Fine Line", but it's not too bad, which is about as much as you can ask from him. http://www.maccaspan.com/epp.html
-
Mitre on DL-Tyler recalled
hmmm... Tyler is not a starter. Who starts on Sunday then? Gregg? 23 starts in 05. He can definetly start.
-
Post Your Vote: Kelly Brook VS. Diora Baird
Brook.
-
Post Your Vote: Sienna Miller VS. Monica Leigh
See. Enna.
-
One Song
As I walk through This wicked world Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity. I ask myself Is all hope lost? Is there only pain and hatred, and misery? And each time I feel like this inside, There's one thing I wanna know: What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? Ohhhh What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? And as I walked on Through troubled times My spirit gets so downhearted sometimes So where are the strong And who are the trusted? And where is the harmony? Sweet harmony. 'Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry. What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? Ohhhh What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? So where are the strong? And who are the trusted? And where is the harmony? Sweet harmony. 'Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry. What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? Ohhhh What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? Ohhhh What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?
-
A-Rod up with the bases loaded
i'm starting to think something is up here. Like he's a ridiculously talented player who is having a ridiculous hot streak? Or that "clutch" is a bulls*** term that can apply to anyone lucky enough to do well in the small sample size that is considered "clutch"?
-
Post Your Vote: Sienna Miller VS. Katarina Van Derham
Sienna
-
Post Your Vote: Vanessa Carlton VS. Diora Baird
diora.
-
Post Your Vote: Kelly Brook VS. Rachel Specter
Rachel Specter.
-
Old Music Thread
Been listening to Cat Stevens' greatest hits for the past few days and I must ask: Is he the most underappreciated pop singer/songwriter of all time? If not him then who?
-
New Music Thread
My top 5 thus far would probably be Neon Bible- The Arcade Fire Sky Blue Sky- Wilco Cassadaga- Bright Eyes Some Loud Thunger- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah Modest Mouse- We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank Though I have a sneaking suspicion the White Stripes and Radiohead upcoming releases will shake that up a bit.
-
Hardest Working Man in the Biz
I didn't know James Brown was mexican.
-
Supreme Court: No Partial Birth Abortions
:thumbdown The administration needs to stop trying to force their morals down everyone's throats. Either way, Roe v. Wade will never be overturned.
-
Song title thing
White Christmas Bing Crosby White Flowers Brandon Bartee (This is a great song posted by someone on another board I frequent. The guy is talented) (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais The Clash White Shadows Coldplay White Light White Heat David Bowie Bled White Elliott Smith White Shell Road Golden Smog White Light Gorillaz White Rabbit Jefferson Airplane Big White Cloud John Cale Where The White Boys Dance The Killers White Prism Lou Reed White Light White Heat (live) Lou Reed Guilty Of Being White Minor Threat Good Guys (Don't Wear White) Minor Threat Into the White Pixies White Moon The White Stripes Keeping with a theme, let's go with Black
-
Anyone else in Gville getting an all black screen?!!?
You guys are the lucky ones...
-
Shooting at Va Tech
I'm not going to censor anything, but you all are making me upset, so it's yours - enjoy the thread. Honestly, stop making it seem like we are out to make you feel bad. I really feel awful that you have to go through this, but you can only say so much about something like this without eventually discussing the underlying issues behind.
-
Post Your Vote: Diane Lane VS. Katherine Heigl
Diane. She's still getting my vote purely based off Untfaithful.
-
Shooting at Va Tech
I'm going to ask you one more time. Take this garbage off the thread. Why? It is an issue that deals with this and one the media is bringing up a lot. So what the media does, we should follow suit? I'm frankly disgusted that they are talking about politics in a time like this. My friends where there. They heard the gunshots killing their schoolmates, and I'm sickened that people I care about were subjected to that, and even more sickened that the morons in the media and on this board are using it as a chance to masquerade as political geniuses. Start your own gun control thread. I want this to stop. This isn't a political debate, though. It is absolutely an issue that applies here, and I don't care about the politics of the situation. But if someone is going to spout out offensively incorrect information I'm going to say something about it. JimmyJack is trying to turn this into a political thread, and he's posting stupid stuff that is just offensive. I understand that you have been personally affected by this, and I'm sorry. But this is a pertinent issue, and you can only say "this is horrible" for so long before you get to the bottom of the reason for why it happened, which may or may not be gun control.
-
Shooting at Va Tech
But that simply isn't the answer. Becuase you aren't eliminating guns. You are taking guns away from law abiding citizens who wouldn't normally use them and keeping them in the hands of people who will use them. THAT is the bottom line. I understand that guns are efficient, but that isn't the issue. They are everywhere in our country and they aren't going to disapear if you ban them. but what is the harm in trying? i mean if it could save alot of lives, isnt it worth the chance? Thats the thing you don't get. It wouldn't save any lives, becuase, and here's the thing you really don't get: The people who will still have guns are the ones who are more likely to use them.