Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fish Dynasty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fish Dynasty

  1. Phillies defeat the Marlins 13-2. Taylor: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 6 BB, 2 SO
  2. What? Who the hell is Jon Nalbone?
  3. Are you going to start a thread about every player?
  4. Dolphins go back to back WR's. Now they get WR Brian Hartline out of Ohio State. I would've rather had Robiskie out of Ohio State tbh. Hartline didn't have that good of a college career, last year with 21 receptions for 479 yards and 4 TD's. I hope Parcells and his guys know what they are doing with Louis Murphy still on the friggin board. Well of course anyone would have rather had Robiskie, but he was gone 72 picks ago. Hartlines stats were mainly hurt last year because of the new QB (Pryor) being a dual-threat option. well I was actually hoping for us to get Robiskie in the 2nd round instead of White. We need a WR who can come in immediately more than we a need a dual threat QB. I'm just not high on Hartline, especially when both D.J Moore and Louis Murphy, whom I had listed as 2nd rounders, are still on the board. I agree. Maybe the Dolphins are just trying to set something up though (i.e. trade for Boldin).
  5. Dolphins go back to back WR's. Now they get WR Brian Hartline out of Ohio State. I would've rather had Robiskie out of Ohio State tbh. Hartline didn't have that good of a college career, last year with 21 receptions for 479 yards and 4 TD's. I hope Parcells and his guys know what they are doing with Louis Murphy still on the friggin board. Well of course anyone would have rather had Robiskie, but he was gone 72 picks ago. Hartlines stats were mainly hurt last year because of the new QB (Pryor) being a dual-threat option.
  6. Eh, definitely a questionable pick, but I trust Parcells.
  7. Ok, I can name many players too that no one ever thought would make it in the NFL. That doesn't mean Sanchez will be just like them. I'm just not sold on him. That's the key, you're no authority on who will or won't make it, you're actually being hypocritical for throwing Erick under the bus for pretending to be an authority, and now you're doing it yourself... I'm not trying to act as if I am an authority figure. I'm simply stating my opinion.
  8. He doesn't have nearly the skills that Palmer has though. You don't need to have all the same skills... you need to be able to succeed in a West Coast offense, the Jets run some iteration of it, and Sanchez is comfortable with it In order to succeed in any offense you must possess a certain level of talent and skill. In the best-case scenario, Sanchez may be an average to a slightly above average QB. He certainly wasn't deserving of a top five pick though. You know who that sounds like? Matt Ryan... nobody really thought he was worthy of a high pick either... people ranked him there based on need. Ok, I can name many players too that no one ever thought would make it in the NFL. That doesn't mean Sanchez will be just like them. I'm just not sold on him.
  9. Do you read the entire thread before answering? Dim called Davis a star, and I was simply arguing that. You made a big deal out of it. It's also funny how you people continue to bash Kiper. His job is to scout these players, and then make projections, based on what they've done in college. Of course he's going to be wrong plenty of times. That still doesn't take away the fact that he knows what he's talking about. He can't predict the future perfectly, but I'd say a guy who devotes his entire life (like seriously...this is his job) to scouting college football players knows more than anyone on here, on the subject. Besides your whole paragraph being contradictory, you are still wrong in many areas. Kiper wasn't hired at ESPN because he was one of the best scouts there was. He was brought on there for entertainment. If you follow his projections each year, you would have noticed by now that more than likely his prediction will be wrong. He just likes to follow what the rest of the media is saying so that if he's right, he can take in all of the credit he wants, but if he's wrong, he can say that everyone had the same opinion. Kiper also isn't the only one who devotes his like to the NFL draft. One of the few people on ESPN who is actually a good analyst is Todd McShay, yet he isn't on TV nearly as much as Kiper because he doesn't draw the ratings. And I never said Kiper was king either, did I? Fact is, Kiper, McShay, etc., etc...they know more about these players than anyone on this board. You gotta be kidding me, if you think otherwise. I'm not necessarily saying that, but still wouldn't say that they are any more of an expert than some casual NFL fans are. Many people could easily go on TV and say what Kiper says. You're really making him out to be more than he is.
  10. He doesn't have nearly the skills that Palmer has though. You don't need to have all the same skills... you need to be able to succeed in a West Coast offense, the Jets run some iteration of it, and Sanchez is comfortable with it In order to succeed in any offense you must possess a certain level of talent and skill. In the best-case scenario, Sanchez may be an average to a slightly above average QB. He certainly wasn't deserving of a top five pick though.
  11. Do you read the entire thread before answering? Dim called Davis a star, and I was simply arguing that. You made a big deal out of it. It's also funny how you people continue to bash Kiper. His job is to scout these players, and then make projections, based on what they've done in college. Of course he's going to be wrong plenty of times. That still doesn't take away the fact that he knows what he's talking about. He can't predict the future perfectly, but I'd say a guy who devotes his entire life (like seriously...this is his job) to scouting college football players knows more than anyone on here, on the subject. Besides your whole paragraph being contradictory, you are still wrong in many areas. Kiper wasn't hired at ESPN because he was one of the best scouts there was. He was brought on there for entertainment. If you follow his projections each year, you would have noticed by now that more than likely his prediction will be wrong. He just likes to follow what the rest of the media is saying so that if he's right, he can take in all of the credit he wants, but if he's wrong, he can say that everyone had the same opinion. Kiper also isn't the only one who devotes his like to the NFL draft. One of the few people on ESPN who is actually a good analyst is Todd McShay, yet he isn't on TV nearly as much as Kiper because he doesn't draw the ratings.
  12. First of all, I never called Davis a star, I said he would turn out to be a very good NFL player, which you tried to refute with his "inconsistency". That third string QB the Jets traded is only 23 years old, and could develop nicely with time. They also received the two picks which I thought already made it a good deal for the Browns. And no, if the Dolphins would have drafted Sanchez, I wouldn't have liked the pick just because I was a Dolfan. Sanchez will be a bust because he is simply a system QB, who won't make it in the NFL. Also, you were the one who brought up Mel Kiper as your source, which is an embarrassment when trying to prove a point. The same EXACT system that produced Carson Palmer... He doesn't have nearly the skills that Palmer has though.
  13. ITA about Sean Smith, love this pick. LMFAO at the Jest giving up all that they gave up to draft a future-bust like Sanchez. They gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 3 mediocre players for something they really needed...a quarterback. Nice to see you can tell the future, though. Perhaps you just want him to be a future-bust......... :whistle Erick, stop acting like you know everything. It was a horrible move by the Jets to give up five players. I would put money on it that Sanchez doesn't last more than five years in the NFL, and many scouts agree with me. It's funny how you already seem to "know" that Davis is going to be a bust, yet Sanchez will not be. I never called Davis a bust wise guy. I just think its premature to call him a "star." Speaking of acting like a know-it-all...you saying Sanchez won't last more than 5 years in the NFL means nothing. Also, out of the 5 players they traded, 1 was a 3rd string QB, the other a backup safety, and Kenyon Coleman is nothing special. You just say this b/c you're a Dolphins fan, who, naturally dislikes the Jets. You'd be singing a different tune if it was the Dolphins who drafted Sanchez. Also funny how you bring up the scouts now, yet when I brought up what scouts were saying about Davis on the gamethread, you said you didn't care. Amazing how that works. :whistle First of all, I never called Davis a star, I said he would turn out to be a very good NFL player, which you tried to refute with his "inconsistency". That third string QB the Jets traded is only 23 years old, and could develop nicely with time. They also received the two picks which I thought already made it a good deal for the Browns. And no, if the Dolphins would have drafted Sanchez, I wouldn't have liked the pick just because I was a Dolfan. Sanchez will be a bust because he is simply a system QB, who won't make it in the NFL. Also, you were the one who brought up Mel Kiper as your source, which is an embarrassment when trying to prove a point.
  14. ITA about Sean Smith, love this pick. LMFAO at the Jest giving up all that they gave up to draft a future-bust like Sanchez. They gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 3 mediocre players for something they really needed...a quarterback. Nice to see you can tell the future, though. Perhaps you just want him to be a future-bust......... :whistle Erick, stop acting like you know everything. It was a horrible move by the Jets to give up five players. I would put money on it that Sanchez doesn't last more than five years in the NFL, and many scouts agree with me. It's funny how you already seem to "know" that Davis is going to be a bust, yet Sanchez will not be.
  15. Loved every pick of the Dolphins draft. Would have been a little bit better if Brown fell one more pick, but Pat White is still a very underrated player. I don't think many people necessarily understand his value though. I expect him to play multiple positions (QB, WR, HB, and maybe even CB), and be a very good player wherever he plays. He could also be extremely dangerous in situations like trick plays, etc., where he's lined up as a slot receiver and ends up playing the QB. Vontae Davis will be a stud if he can keep his off-the-field problems a non-issue, and with him lined up with Smith, we could have one of the best CB combos in the NFL in a very short time. As for tomorrow, we already have a speed option at WR in Ginn, so I hope the Dolphins would maybe use one of their 5th round picks to take a receiver like Greg Carr, who's a possession receiver and an awesome red zone threat at 6'6. Also hope we pick up an LB and a lineman.
  16. Phillies defeat the Marlins 6-4. Volstad: 7 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 SO 2B: Ramirez (7) HR: Cantu (3), Uggla (4) SB: Ramirez (3)
  17. sh*t, he already screwed up the DP!
  18. No A- Hole of the Game Anymore? Lets just kick there asses tomorrow and the finally beat Moyer on Sunday. Usually when a thread deserves one it's too obvious of a choice.
  19. Think the Brewers would be willing to move Jorge Julio? That is a perfect example of Loria trying to sabatoge his team. Jorge Julio...."He's our man" :banghead :banghead :banghead One of the surest signs that the Marlins lost is a bunch of posts by Mungo. Fun fact: Mungo hasn't posted in 10 days, since he revealed that he lives in a dream land where no one refers to Queen Elizabeth II as "the Queen of England". You still don't get it, there is NO Queen of England. That title has been vacated for 302 years. You can call her that all you want, but it still doesn't mean its a valid name. Why do you even bother posting?
  20. Do the awards have to stick to the posters? Could we have any for the players?
  21. Phillies defeat the Marlins 7-3. Johnson: 7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 SO 2B: Ramirez (5)(6), Maybin (3) HR: Uggla (3)
  22. Uggla...Cantu More than likely, none of the 2 are long-term solutions for this team. And how do you know that? Because we can get get very, very good prospects in return for them instead of paying them both 5+ million. Also, we have Morrison and Coglhan to replace them. I agree that Uggla will most likely be gone after this season, but I don't see Cantu leaving in the next couple of years. Besides, isn't Morrison mainly a LF prospect now?
  23. Uggla...Cantu More than likely, none of the 2 are long-term solutions for this team. And how do you know that?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.