04-25-2009 Philadelphia Phillies @ FLORIDA MARLINS

Undakai

@

Philadelphia Phillies (7-8) @ YOUR Florida Marlins (11-5)

Chan Ho Park, RHP (0-0, 8.68) @ Chris Volstad, RHP (2-0, 2.76)

Series at 0-1

Scouting Report:

Phillies: Given that Park has an 8.68 ERA after two starts and that he barely beat left-hander J.A. Happ for the fifth spot in the Phillies' rotation in Spring Training, it might be natural to ask if the Phillies need to re-examine that fifth job. But manager Charlie Manuel said two starts is not enough to draw any conclusions about Park's performance. He will continue to get a chance to pitch. He actually pitched better than his line indicated in Sunday's 5-4 victory over the Padres (four runs in five innings). A defensive miscue in the third led to two runs.

Marlins: His last time out, Volstad experienced the second shortest start in his career. At Washington, he worked 4 1/3 innings, and was not involved in the decision. A high pitch count was a problem, as he threw 98 pitches, and he exited with two runners on base. The only start of his career that has been shorter was on Sept. 9 at the Phillies, when he tossed three innings. Walks, thus far, have been an issue. He issued five walks, while striking out five, at Nationals Park. In 16 1/3 innings this season, Volstad has walked 11 to go along with 16 strikeouts. For his career, Volstad is 1-1 with a 1.93 ERA in three starts.

Please allow me to start a winning game thread record :pray

Current Game Thread Record:

0-0

Guest Lissy

Not me. :(

For those going, have fun!!!

You should have told me, i would have hooked you up :blush

Hey what happened to the old blush emoticons?

:kiss

Thanks, anyway.