Everything posted by alejandrasnow
-
6/26 Marlins vs Padres
- 6/25 Marlins vs. Padres
- 6/25 Marlins vs. Padres
- 6/25 Marlins vs. Padres
- 6/25 Marlins vs. Padres
- 6/25 Marlins vs. Padres
- 6/25 Marlins vs. Padres
- 6/25 Marlins vs. Padres
- 6/25 Marlins vs. Padres
- 6/25 Marlins vs. Padres
- 4 Man Rotation
What about if they were conditioned like old school pitchers instead of conditioned to be (relative)wusses? Are there alot bad stories hidden behind the romanticism of old school pitching? Since JJ's had Tommy John surgery, he practically has a bionic arm now(or so I've heard). Tom Verducci had an article back in the 90's titled "Alone on the Hill" in which he interviewed pitchers and asked them why has pitching changed to the extent that pitchers don't go more than 6 to 7 innings and the main reasons they gave was that the strike zone had shrunk and that hitters are bigger (steroids must have had an impact) and stronger than before. The pitchers said they had to be more precise and give more of themselves in every pitch which took a toll on their arms and bodies. As other users have mentioned, JJ is only three years removed from TJ and Anibal is finally healthy after every setback he's endured, I don't really think it's a wise move to overwork them at this juncture in the season or in this juncture in their career. We have JJ for four years, why risk him getting injured when we have 4 other viable pitchers in our rotation? It is also hypothesized that the workload given to old school pitchers damaged their arms and that many underwent undiagnosed UCL (ulnar collateral ligament) injuries which lead to premature ends to their careers. http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=3486- 6/24 Marlins @ Orioles
Now to score some runs!- 6/24 Marlins @ Orioles
Seriously, he was cruising in the first 2 innings, WTF? He got unlucky with that bunt base hit and the grounder to Wes that didn't yield an out. And Coghlan not catching that flyout.- 6/24 Marlins @ Orioles
I'm in love already!- 6/24 Marlins @ Orioles
Seriously, he was cruising in the first 2 innings, WTF?- 6/24 Marlins @ Orioles
Silver lining, I've been dying to watch Sanabia pitch.- 6/24 Marlins @ Orioles
Waltz creepily watching the grounds crew from his hotel window...- Bobby Valentine News and Rumors
What's Valentine's managerial style? I think he's a bunt them over, move them over, station to station, stolen base kind of guy but I'm not sure. Anyone know for sure? I don't think he'll be a good fit with Beinfest as I don't see Valentine being the puppet Beinfest wants. They'll clash just like Girardi clashed with Beinfest. If this happens it will not end well. Not sure if it was mentioned by anyone but last week Dave Collins ran the closed door meeting after being swept by the Rangers. That should have being a sign that Fredi's days were numbered. I heard from some bitter Mets fan (so take it with a grain of salt) that he was pretty much just a FO yes man. Which would make sense why Loria loves him so much.- 6/23 Marlins @ Orioles -No Fredi Edition
The loogy walks the lefty..... ugh the bullpen makes me :barf- 6/23 Marlins @ Orioles -No Fredi Edition
Mikey, break the tie!- 6/23 Marlins @ Orioles -No Fredi Edition
So what do you all think about Fredi being fired? That the words Fredi and Fired contain the same letters touche!- 6/23 Marlins @ Orioles -No Fredi Edition
Sanabia sighting! I've been dying to watch this kid throw instead of just stalking his stats. Of course I would rather have Ricky go longer than 3 innings. Just saying.- 6/23 Marlins @ Orioles -No Fredi Edition
Gaby!- 6/23 Marlins @ Orioles -No Fredi Edition
hey fredi haters, lets see how the new guy handles the bullpen in this train wreck Hey fredi lover. Probably just as bad as your boyfriend fredi Is that really called for? Why don't we just try to conduct ourselves with a semblance of maturity?- 6/23 Marlins @ Orioles -No Fredi Edition
God, just what we need another Ricky shitshow.