Everything posted by alejandrasnow
-
Break Up the Marlins!
I tend to think that people put far too much emphasis on game management skills of a manager, and far too little on the intangibles of a manager. If you believe that baseball is a mental game, then it's hard to discount the effect that a manager can have on his players. Sure, it's probably unrealistic for Fredi to snap every time a hitter strikes out with a runner on third and less than one, but is it so unrealistic to expect him to make it uncomfortable for players to come back into the dugout after some of the at-bats that we see day after day? You do that by pushing buttons every now and then...remember Jack McKeon? There are extremes, obviously. Do it too often and the buttons don't seem to work anymore, but don't do it enough and your team plays baseball like a little league squad. Maybe if our manager had a certain stature these guys would make a serious attempt at changing their ways. I would feel so much better if I saw guys actually trying to correct weaknesses. They are, in fact, youngsters that should be getting better. But I just don't see it. I see the same approach over and over with every hitter. And nothing is being done about it and nobody seems to be worried about it. There's just an 'aww, shucks" aura about this team that I think is a direct result of Fredi. Why hasn't anyone choked up? Every time I see Jacobs take one of his gargantuan swings on a 0-2 count I think that just makes Fredi look worse and worse. No respectable manager would let that happen up and down the lineup day after day. To some extent I agree with you, Vinivedivichi. I don't really know who is to blame, besides the players and I guess Fredi to some extent, but every time I see the players make the same mistakes over and over again I get so frustrated. I don't understand why this team isn't improving in the slightest, if anything they are simply doing worse. I guess some of it is psychological because this slump must be annoying them more than any fan, but my question is, are they doing anything to rectify the situation? The most I see are slight changes in the line-up. But is that really such an improvement?
-
And his name...is DAN UGLY!
I agree with Erick, Hermida is still a young enough player who I believe has talent. I just wish he would be more aggressive sometimes. I'm still unsure about Uggla. Sometimes I see him perform plays and think to myself, that is why he is on this time. Other times I see him do the MOST stupid things possible and wonder who in their right minds would give him a jersey. He needs to become more sure of himself (as evidenced by him trying to steal second and running home today). I don't think, as of right now, he merits a long term contract but I don't think that the Marlins should be to hasty in trading him either. I'd like to see the rest of the season play out and see how Uggla preforms, only then can I judge Uggla's capabilities.
-
8/20 - Marlins @ Giants - 10:15 PM
Misty's hugging a few guys in the stands.....must get pretty lonely....j/k LMAO Rex!!!
-
8/20 - Marlins @ Giants - 10:15 PM
I don't feel like sifting through 9 pages of game thread, so can anyone tell me why Hanley is out of the game? I just got home, so any help would be appreciated. I hope he's not injured... He got hit by a ball stealing second.
-
8/20 - Marlins @ Giants - 10:15 PM
I like Jacobs but I really wish he'd get in a hitting streak once and a while... LOL...Jake IS very streaky. Right now he is in a BAD streak. He'll break out of it...eventually. You really think so? In my opinion, he gets a few hits in one or two games and then he doesn't hit for another five games.
-
8/20 - Marlins @ Giants - 10:15 PM
I do... I kind of have the weirdest favorite players....
-
8/20 - Marlins @ Giants - 10:15 PM
I like Jacobs but I really wish he'd get in a hitting streak once and a while...
-
8/20 - Marlins @ Giants - 10:15 PM
Lets do this fish! You've got the lead!
-
8/20 - Marlins @ Giants - 10:15 PM
Hermida!!! I love this kid, I've seriously been pulling for him since the beginning!
-
Where to watch the Marlins game?
Another thing, when the games are shown on SUN sports here in miami, are they broadcast on another channel up in Gainesville? If not where can I watch them?
-
Where to watch the Marlins game?
I go to Gainesville quite a lot and all I know is that they show the Marlins games on FSN but UF and FSU baseball games have some priority in the area over the Marlins games. So the FSN games you are sure to get and maybe a few SUNSPORTS but not in the early part of the season. Really? Do you guys think I should invest in a premium channel network? Or maybe in April get that mlb.tv thing? I really don't want to miss too many games like I did this past semester. I missed all of April and a few in May (though most of it was because I had to get caught up in a class in time for finals) and I don't really want to do that again.
-
Renyel Pinto
I have no idea what is wrong with Pinto but for the past four or five times that I've seen him pitching he is been absolutely horrible. To the point where I'm asking myself why does Fredi EVER put him out. About Kensing, I don't really blame him too much for the bad inning (although some of the blame does fall on his shoulders) because when someone has already completely killed an inning it becomes hard to come out with enthusiasm and save it. I do understand that its his job, but I believe this game is very psychological.
-
Fish of the Week (8/11 - 8/17)
I'll have to agree with Hanley. He is the only player who has swung the bat and has acquired a hit (or home-run) in more than one occasion.
-
Where to watch the Marlins game?
Alright, I'm the perfect guy to answer this since I stayed in a dorm at UF this past spring semester. Yes, they do show the Marlins game on FSN in the dorm cable packages. If you get FSN in your apartment then there you go. No need to purchase MLB.TV (I think blackout restrictions apply). Here's to UF Marlins fans. :cheers Awesome! Yeah the dorms and the apartments have the same cable package! I stayed dorms the fall semester and the apartments the spring semester, and I'm pretty sure they come with the same package cause I know all the channels are the same... =] I half feel like getting cable from cox digital cable just to be safe but I don't feel like wasting money on it...
-
Where to watch the Marlins game?
wont FSN and SUN just show Tampa games because of where you are? Or are FSN and SUN exclusive for Marlins baseball? No, the Rays have ION, their own TV station. When they are not on ION, they are on FSN Florida. They only have about 50 FSN games per year though, and the Marlins have about 100. When games are on FSN Florida, they can be seen anywhere in the state, but when they are on Sun, I'm pretty sure its just a regional telecast (South Florida only). Anyway, when I visited my cousin recently at UCF I know she had FSN, so I think they probably have it up in Gainesville. Plus, if the Marlins are on TBS, FOX, ESPN, etc. you can also see those games too. Somehow, if they don't have FSN, then you can just buy the MLB.TV package where they offer every MLB game for $15 per month. How do I get the MLB.TV package? Is that something where I can watch all the remaining games? Does anybody know for certain if Gainesville offers FSN? I really don't want to miss any of the games... this season or the 2009 season starting April.
-
Where to watch the Marlins game?
So, I'm going back to gainesville for the fall and I'm wondering where I can watch the remaining Marlins games. I didn't really watch the games during April due to finals so I don't know if Gainesville basic cable offers FSN or SUN Sports. I've been following the fish intensely and I really don't want to miss these last few months of games. So my questions are, since the apartments in g-ville and the dorms at UF usually offer more the 50 channels, does anyone know if any of these channels offer the marlins games? Although I'll be living in an apartment, I have friends staying at the dorms but thats a worst case scenario. Would I really have to purchase premium channels through a cable company if I want to watch the fish play? Is there any other alternative way to watch the Marlins? Please let me know asap because I'm moving back in on Thursday.
-
Cote: Bad reviews for Marlins
Unfortunatly, a very solid and accurate article. Sad to say the least... the strikeouts and the errors absolutely have to improve! This has been a trend for a few years now. People on this board need to realize, after 2+ seasons from these guys, they are what they are, and it isn't going to change. This team will not miraculously become a stalwart defensive team. And if the bats are going to go south, then this is what you are going to get. A team that teases, but in the end is a pretender, not a contender. you can honestly think that the marlins are pretenders. We have been in contention the whole year, and even led the division at one point. we are defenitely contenders. but i agree with everything you said about the dolphinsand they are # 1 for me to. No the Marlins are not pretenders, their just in a mediocre division this year. Our entire division is inconsistant this year with different problems on every team. The only reason they've been "In It" is because no team has been consistantly good. Imagine if we were in a division with the Rays, Angels or Cubs...forget it, the Marlins would have been done long ago. How can the Marlins not be pretenders with the post you just made? If the Marlins were in a "real" division, they'd be a losing team is exactly what you've just written. I don't really see how that makes sense. Now, in my opinion the article was quite accurate. The Marlins have been doing terribly since the All-Star break, but I still see some glimmer of hope (albeit, a small glimmer) for them if they can manage to turn around this slump they are in. They are completely out of synch. When Cote wrote that, when the bats are hot the bull pen is cold, its is completely true. Tonight for example, excellent pitching by Volstad and a loss just because we couldn't bring in the runs...
-
Draft Deadline just passed
Anyone know where Yonder Alonso ended up???
-
8/12 Post Game
I would have to vote for Hanley because without his homerun we would have lost but the pitchers really stepped up tonight. Hendrickson, Lindstrom, Gregg, and Volstad after the 1st. We still need to work on our offense but overall I'm glad we won tonight!