Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Renyel Pinto

Featured Replies

i love renyel and we knwo how good he can be but we have never seen him this terrible.....he was having a great year and that solid era of his is gone too.

 

i definitely think he needs a trip to the minors just like logan and lindstrom

Terriffic idea. send him down to get his control back and call him up september 1. Or like Admin said, shut him down until september 1 and call him back up.

I don't know, but he has a 27.02 ERA, since July 29th, in 4.1 innings.

I know he's not the most well-liked guy on here, but he's certainly better than that. I think there's something wrong with him.

Here's what's wrong with him:

 

OPS vs. Left: .864

OPS vs. Right: .544

 

He should never be used against a lefty, especially with Rhodes on the team.

 

(and his 1.40 overall WHIP doesn't help much either)

Guys struggle, it happens. What baffles me is that Fredi still insists on using him like he's Carlos Marmol. Just another reason why Fredi isn't that great of a manager.

Guys struggle, it happens. What baffles me is that Fredi still insists on using him like he's Carlos Marmol. Just another reason why Fredi isn't that great of a manager.

 

 

Fredi didn't have too many guys available, Sunday.

Alot of it might have to do with the fact that its the most innings he has thrown since 2006.

Guys struggle, it happens. What baffles me is that Fredi still insists on using him like he's Carlos Marmol. Just another reason why Fredi isn't that great of a manager.

 

 

Fredi didn't have too many guys available, Sunday.

 

Was Rhodes available? He would seem like a MUCH better option than Pinto at this point. Isn't that why they got him in the first place?

You know, Pinto may be tired but I'm bothered by the fact that Tankersley and Pinto, both lefties, have more trouble with left-handed hitters than righties. Maybe their approach is wrong. Sounds like a coaching thing to me.

I have no idea what is wrong with Pinto but for the past four or five times that I've seen him pitching he is been absolutely horrible. To the point where I'm asking myself why does Fredi EVER put him out.

About Kensing, I don't really blame him too much for the bad inning (although some of the blame does fall on his shoulders) because when someone has already completely killed an inning it becomes hard to come out with enthusiasm and save it. I do understand that its his job, but I believe this game is very psychological.

i've always thought that maybe Fredi just uses him too much now. Looks like he is just starting to wear down a little bit, whether Pinto likes it or not he needs to be given a couple days rest.

 

We all know Pinto has the stuff and clearly showed it for basically the 1st half especially when it got off to an incredible start.

 

Wasn't the reason we got Rhodes to take the load off Pinto. Yeah I understand they wanted to save Rhodes for the 7th or 8th inning yesterday but this hasnt been the first time.

 

Point blank, Fredi keeps going to the well with Pinto and this well is just about empty now.

 

as for Kensing, he really was never good. He has his moments when he can get ppl out but for the most part, hes getting into that mop up role duty. I myself was not a big fan of the whole Justin Miller releasing. Kensing should have gotten the boot instead if they were thinking of releasing a reliever.

ABSOLUTELY send him to triple a many in the bullpen has had a trip when theyre doing bad (logan,lindstrom,miller) i cant wait to see andrew miller back i wanna see how he'll do outta the bullpen

AAA is not the answer. He needs to go on the DL. He's been overworked for 2 years now. His arm needs a while off. Pitching in AAA is the last thing he needs now. He needs not to pitch.

 

I would love for us to send Pinto to the DL, demote Kensing and call up Delgado and K-Mart.

 

*Dreaming* but would like to see Willingham and Hermida to AAA and Raynor and Maybin up.

Maybe, just maybe, his last 4 IP were bad. Because when a starter has a bad 4 IP, it is just one game, but Pinto has it spread out over 7 games and it looks worse.

For some reason, I've never liked him while watching him this season. He seems to blow up in big moments. I remember watching one game when he was in, saw his numbers for the season and was shocked at how good they were (this was about a month and a half ago or so). I'm obviously not a stat guy, cause it seems every other big moment he just blows it. The pressure really gets to him. I have no faith in him to get the big out when needed.

For some reason, I've never liked him while watching him this season. He seems to blow up in big moments. I remember watching one game when he was in, saw his numbers for the season and was shocked at how good they were (this was about a month and a half ago or so). I'm obviously not a stat guy, cause it seems every other big moment he just blows it. The pressure really gets to him. I have no faith in him to get the big out when needed.

ABSOLUTELY

For some reason, I've never liked him while watching him this season. He seems to blow up in big moments. I remember watching one game when he was in, saw his numbers for the season and was shocked at how good they were (this was about a month and a half ago or so). I'm obviously not a stat guy, cause it seems every other big moment he just blows it. The pressure really gets to him. I have no faith in him to get the big out when needed.

ABSOLUTELY

:notworthy You said it. Every time he comes to pitch I go ughhh especially with men on base.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.