Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alejandrasnow

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by alejandrasnow

  1. Ugh Forte beat me to mentioning Hopper's facial hair! Forte beating me to awkwardly mentioning the obvious.
  2. I want to see Sanabia start.
  3. Reported after the game tonight on Marlins live. I really like Volstad and I hate to see him demoted knowing that he has the talent but I think it's for the best. Hopefully he has Nolasco like change. He really does have somethings to figure out. Who will replace him or are they planning on starting Badenhop?
  4. :barf .... Volstad.
  5. YES! TENORS! MY FAVORITE! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! :lol
  6. Is Nolasco going to go into another 10 straight strikeout streak? It was 9 last season. 10 is the all time record.
  7. Frank Forte is great! I like him! :lol
  8. Marlins primed to make deals The deeper they fall in the standing, the greater the chance the Marlins will be open to making moves. In fact, there are rumbings from within the organization that they may be willing to listen to offers for just about everyone not named Josh Johnson or Hanley Ramirez. Besides those two -- plus players who are not yet in their arbitration years -- the club could be ready to make some changes. There are indications that Ricky Nolasco, who has one year remaining in arbitration, could be dealt for the right price. The Marlins are in no rush to move the 27-year-old right-hander, but they would certainly listen to what is available. Jorge Cantu is eligible for free agency after the season. While the Marlins are high on the veteran, who has been a steady run producer, they might not be in position to sign him to a multi-year deal if his salary reaches more than $10 million. Cantu appears to be the most likely Marlin to be moved before the end of the season. Dan Uggla and Cody Ross -- like Nolasco -- have one year of arbitration remaining. There is no immediate urgency to trade either player. But both may bring back some parts to build upon for the future. Nate Robertson, acquired late in Spring Training from Detroit, also could be an attractive trade piece should the Marlins be out of the race by the end of the month. The team certainly is looking for bullpen help, but that's not the only area they hope to address. Offensively, they are hoping to become more balanced and less streaky. -- Joe Frisaro Quite personally, I would be beyond upset if Coghlan or any of the talented prospects are moved. At this rate i wouldn't want CC or Gaby Sanchez or Mike Stanton going anywhere. He specifically mentioned players that aren't in their arbitration years weren't primed to be traded.
  9. I don't think I'm going to start another GDT this season. I'm 2-4, I believe.
  10. What a f***ing shitshow inning. From the 2 k's in the beginning to 3 balls being called strikes at the end.
  11. Couldn't even get the man in from 3rd...
  12. Gaby getting it started! I'm trying to remain hopeful...
  13. My gameday is being super slow, what's going on? Did Blanco drive in runs or not?
  14. I wonder if the elusive "big hit" last inning will come back to bite us in the ass in this inning.
  15. Someone tell me how pauly got to first. They said it was a fielding error by Prado. =/
  16. Can David Villa be a bigger stud? Spain beats Paraguay. Too bad both Guays didn't make it. Did you watch the game?
  17. I love pitches called balls when they're on the plate...
  18. FOX is gonna get a string of curse words from me soon. :bangheadMarlins game got bumped for Mets/Nats here in NC on FOX. TV info says Marlins at Braves, but the game airing is Nats one. Motherf***ers. WIN WITHOUT MY LUCK MARLINS. Pfft, I'm in Florida and I'm getting the Rays/Twins game.
  19. Can David Villa be a bigger stud? Spain beats Paraguay.
  20. Marlins lineup for Saturday After a disheartening loss on Friday, the Marlins look to even the series on Saturday afternoon against the Braves at Turner Field. 1) Chris Coghlan, LF 2) Gaby Sanchez, 1B 3) Hanley Ramirez, SS 4) Jorge Cantu, 3B 5) Dan Uggla, 2B 6) Cody Ross, CF 7) Ronny Paulino, C 8) Mike Stanton, RF 9) Anibal Sanchez, P -- Joe Frisaro Braves 1) Martin Prado, 2B 2) Melky Cabrera, RF 3) Chipper Jones, 3B 4) Brian McCann, C 5) Eric Hinske, 1B 6) Omar Infante, LF 7)Yunel Escobar, SS 8) Gregor Blanco, CF 9) Tommy Hanson, P
  21. Some of my picks are horrendous. Seattle for the AL West, Sizemore/Webb for the Comeback players etc I don't think it was horrendous. I really didn't think they were going to as horrific as they've been this season with all the acquisitions they made during the offseason.
  22. American League East - New York Yankees Central - Detroit Tigers West - Anaheim Angels (L.A.) Wildcard - Boston Red Sox MVP - Miguel Cabrera Cy Young - King Felix Manager- Jim Leyland Comeback - Grady Sizemore Rookie: Kurt Cobain National League East - Philadelphia Phillies Central - St Louis Cardinals West - L.A. Dogers Wildcard - Florida Marlins MVP - Hanley Ramirez Cy Young - Tim Lincecum Manager - Bobby Valentine Comeback - Brandon Webb Rookie: Gaby Sanchez Fredi got fired then? Eerie....
  23. The Marlins gave this game away. Another 1 run loss because the team can't do the little things to win games. Some of these guys have to go. And I'm talking about guys like Uggla, Cantu, etc. Good bats, they've done well in their years here, but it's seriously time for a change in philosophy. I'm happy that Stanton looks awesome defensively in the outfield. This front office has been looking to get better defensively for awhile now, yet things have not changed because the players on the field are still the same. The pen is bad, and things get even worse when you're making them get more than 3 outs an inning. The Marlins need to look at what the Padres are doing with their lack of talent, and try to get some players that help the team win in different ways. Yeah, they straight out said this on the telecast. They said, it's not as if they haven't worked on their defense, they have it's just that they're not good. I agree with most of the sentiments on this thread. The bench is absolutely horrible and lacks anyone "clutch". The bullpen is below average. With this subpar defense the team keeps screwing themselves over. Luckily there is a day off tomorrow. I can use a break from the Marlins.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.