Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

marlinsfan4lifeisme

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marlinsfan4lifeisme

  1. The last thing I'd want is Hammer to face a LHP and Fredi obviously wanted Meyer for Dunn. So that leaves either having Kiko Calero in for Morgan, or Pinto. Morgan v.s. RHP: .807 OPS Morgan v.s. LHP: .558 I don't see anything wrong with what Fredi did. we lost, that's what he did. Fredi did the right decision. Did u see where that ball was to Christian Guzman. Right down the pipe. So that tied the game, then it was all downhill.
  2. i think every manager in the majors would have kept JJ in for the 8th inning. the guy was pitching maybe his best game this season. he was on a roll retiring 20 straight batters. why would you want to replace JJ with a bullpen guy and disrupt the rhythm of not only our pitching but their hitting. the best situation for the Nations was taking out JJ. the other reason why you dont take him out was his competitive nature at a high successful rate. players hate being taken out of a game. players want to hit or pitch themselves out of poor situations that they put themselves and the team into. like to redeem themselves. even though JJ was struggling giving up 3 base hits, he has a strong competitive nature that wants to retire the 4th batter and get out of the inning without giving up too many runs. pitch out of the jam so he can build confidence within himself and with his teammates. If fredi takes JJ out too early JJ would be pissed off. JJ wnats the opportunity to pitch out of the jam that he got himself into. he wants to keep competing and doing it successfully. I know you're right. OK!!! I'm just really pissed of and embarrassed that we lost.
  3. We need Hanley to start producing. If he isn't healthy enough to help us win, don't play him. We need people to produce. I'm not in any way saying to put Bonifacio at shortstop because that will just make matters worse.
  4. One thing about yesterday's loss....why not walk Adam Dunn with the score 4-4 and face Elijah Dukes? There wasn't really an empty base,man on 1st and 1 out, you have to pitch to him. Walking Dunn would've put the game winning run up to bat instead of it just being the tying run in Dunn. Also, Fredi put in Dan Meyer specifically to face Dunn because of the lefty-lefty matchup (he uses Meyer as a LOOGY). I didn't watch the game, but from the highlights. I thought Dunn got the go ahead home run. my bad my bad. It was tied 4-4. Now that means you walk Dunn to put the go ahead run in scoring position with only 1 out. It does not matter. We can not change what already happened.
  5. Baker isn't too bad at all. I just would like some more contact hitting in the 8 hole. He has struck out a bit in some sticky situations. But he has also come through in a lot of those situations, so you can't expect someone to produce always. Glad to see JJ hit another homer. Is that a homer in his last two starts? Or was there a start in between? Nope you're right. 2 straight stars with a homer for JJ.
  6. John baker has exactly one month of an ops below .788. He's a good hitting catcher. But he strikes out a lot. We need someone who will almost always put it in play. To advance the runners or get the run home from third on a ground out to 2nd. Anything.
  7. For not taking out JJ when exactly? At the start of the 8th? JJ was only at 80-something pitches at that point I believe. That's not too many for him. Plus I don't know if you were watching the game but he had retired 20 batters in a row. I know you're used to the setup guy coming in to pitch the 8th, etc, etc... but if your starter is cruising & pitch count is under control is asinine to take him out. Because he's pitching well and you can't be sure how your reliever will do. After 20 straight outs, would you pull him suddenly after 2 singles? You probably get the pen warming, which they did. He gave up another single and then the double to Belliard (which was the real blow and an awful pitch). Could you have gotten a reliever in to face Belliard? Maybe. But anyway, they handed it to the pen, they just couldn't bail him out. It happens. Meyer might be our best reliever and Adam Dunn won. Adam Dunn's good. It was a painful loss but shows that even when you're cruising along, major league hitters can hurt you if you have even a short lapse in command. Also our position players produced 3 runs against the worst team in baseball, they can do better. I know you're probably right I'm just really mad about that loss. If JJ wants to hit home runs. Bat him 6th. Because Jeremy has not been producing. If we need a pinch Hitter and we have already used Gload. Hit JJ. It's just that the 9 hitter should not be getting up with no one on base. We need a good 8 hitter. We need some kind of catcher because Baker is not hitting. Ronny is pretty good, but I want a good contact hitter. Do you know if we have anyone besides Brett Hayes in the minors that's a good catcher?
  8. For not taking out JJ when exactly? At the start of the 8th? JJ was only at 80-something pitches at that point I believe. That's not too many for him. Plus I don't know if you were watching the game but he had retired 20 batters in a row. Would you pull him suddenly when he gave up 2 hits? No. I'd get the bullpen warming, which they did. He gave up 2 more and they handed it to the pen, they just couldn't bail him out. It happens. Meyer might be our best reliever and Adam Dunn won. Adam Dunn's good. It was a painful loss but shows that even when you're cruising along, major league hitters can hurt you if you have even a short lapse in command. I know, but that's why we traded Mike Jacobs. We got Leo Nunez, who is our 8th inning guy. Then why didn't we pitch him in the 8th. Fredi was thinking of personal goals (JJ going for the shutout) instead of locking up a "W"
  9. i hope he comes up hes really fun to watch. If by fun to watch, you mean looking worst than Bonifacio(at the plate, and in the field), then you are correct. He was a poor excuse for a baseball player earlier this season. He made Bonifacio and Hermida look like "studs". Last September, he was spectacular. Hopefully, that is the Maybin we see when he is recalled back up to the big team. Exactly. He made Bonifacio look good. And that my friends is hard to do
  10. I don't really want Maybin in the majors until the September call-up's. He did not help us at the beginning of the year and I like Coghlan Cody and Hermida. They have been producing for us lately.
  11. Thanks for the help. I got it changed!
  12. He was not. It is because he is one of the only players from the Marlins Farm System. Jim Presley has taught our guys to hit for the fences so that's why we strike out a lot. That's why Nick Johnson does not strike out because he has not had Jim Presley ruin his swing yet.
  13. Exactly, we didn't catch a break. The Phillies did. We needed to win that game. I'm sorry I am furious with Fredi now for not taking JJ out.
  14. OK, go to the top where your name is with your picture if you have a picture. Click Profile.....than on the top right corner their should be a button that says edit my profile. Click that and change your "member title" than save. I don't see that in the edit profile page
  15. As you know I'm new at this. I would just like to know how to change my name from Jammer to something esle. Thanks guys
  16. Exactly. Our ace was tired. I figure if we put in Leo in the 8th and Matt in the 9th, we have secured a win. However, it seems like Fredi was more focused on a personal goal (JJ going for the shutout) then thinking about the team and what we need to do to get to the playoffs and play October baseball.
  17. Hey guys, I'm kinda new at this. This is my first post. YAY! haha. But what I would like to talk about is our loss yesterday. I hate to say it, but I'll give it to the Nationals because they banged around with our ace. We had no one better to pitch so they pretty much deserve it. However I do not think that we should be leaving JJ in in the 8th inning, he's just not used to that many innings. All in all a horrible game for the fish. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :thumbdown

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.