Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

marlinsfan4lifeisme

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marlinsfan4lifeisme

  1. yeah i liked that, it was pretty sick. we need to start gettin that good again and win us a world championship
  2. Before the walk off, I was terrified Fredi was going to throw Miller in there. I would have rather had Miller in there. Our closers combined are worse than Lidge which is absolutely unacceptable.
  3. We gonna get this game started tonight?
  4. If we get Rich Harden, we have got ourselves a much better chance at the playoffs because he is a reliable starter.
  5. I want Brad Penny!!!!!!!!! He is an NL pitcher and he can help us. We should also try and trade maybe Logan Morrison for Rich Harden??? Just a thought.
  6. He has to be the king of bubble blowing in baseball. Blowing a bubble going into a headfirst slide trying to leg out a double? That is freakin crazy! Also also routinely blows them right as he gets under a ball to make a catch. Chris is just young. I think he has got a starting roll locked up for the next 2 years. He is better than Cameron. He is just young and will mature, just like Hanley and Dan and Jeremy did.
  7. Livan was just released by the NYM ,What do you guys think about giving him another chance with the fish? i know he has not been good lately but he is got experience and maybe a second tour with the fish will do him good .....our 4th are 5th starters are not much better imo.... No way no way no way man. I am not giving Livan Hernandez "another chance" to come back to the fish. He gives up way way way too many hits. I mean he was the John Smoltz(when he was on the sox) of the NL. That's why the Mets released him. He is an awful pitcher. Not a chance.
  8. Ungs is red hot off the mound in Jacksonville. Can't think of a reason to put West out there again. West never pitched like Ungs is pitching in Double A. Neither did Volstad for that matter. Nick Ungs is not ready for pro ball
  9. dang, it was supposed to be a broom
  10. Not Boni, but Uggla struggles against moyer
  11. I say we get him. Why? Because he is used to pitching in the NL, heck even the NL East. I want him
  12. are you f***ing kidding me? citi field? and they wonder why people think the hrd is boring. can we please give cbp a try? what about yankee stadium in 2014? Not the Yankees, they just hosted it. As much as I would like to have it at Yankee, the MLB won't let them.
  13. He's done. I think we would be better served by having Cody go out there every 5th day. He did pitch one game.
  14. Tonight's order, No Hermida LF Chris Coghlan 1B Nick Johnson SS Hanley Ramirez 3B Jorge Cantu 2B Dan Uggla RF Ross Gload CF Cody Ross C John Baker RHP Ricky Nolasco :gofish Where'd you get that liineup?
  15. I'm not sure if I'm completely correct, but do you remember the 1st game of the world series against the Yankees. Top of the 1st, Juan Pierre hits a bunt single down the 3rd base line. McKeon then calls the hit and run and Luis Castillo delivers a single to right, advancing Juan Pierre to 3rd. Pudge comes up and hits a sacrafice fly to center, Marlins lead 1-0 just like that. That set the tone for that game, and for that series, and that's why we were world champions ! The 2009 Marlins are far from that. We don't know how to manufacture runs. The fact is we're one of the worst teams in the NL with RISP. We have no situational hitting whatsoever. I don't know how many times I've seen a man on 3rd with less than 2 outs and we couldn't deliver. We hardly ever hit and run. When we need to lay down a bunt to advance a runner, we fail miserably. We can't do the little things right, and I don't want to blame Fredi completely, but he does get some of the blame. I remember when we were playing the Padres and Tommy Hutton absolutely exploded. He was so mad at the fact that Fredi was not putting any pressure on the Padres such as calling hit and runs and stealing bases. Fredi has been a very conservative manager all year, and I really think he has to get out of his shell and take some chances. It seems like the front office has him by the nuts, and the reason why Girardi got fired is b/c he said f*** THIS, this is my team and I'm going to call the shots. Fredi needs to start taking charge, and if we don't change something soon, we'll be sitting at home come October. That is because if we get Coghlan on first, and try to do a hit and run with Emilio, he will miss and strike out.
  16. So sick of this team not delivering with runners in scoring position, not even Hanley had clutch hits in this series. Yes he did. Hanley was 3-5 today. He came through.
  17. Is it just me or does anyone else think it's time to get rid of Jim Presley as our hitting coach? Bud, we all feel the same way. I sent a WONDERFUL*sarcastic* not to him
  18. Yes, you don't want strikeouts but give me a break!?!?! Hanley is a stud, he's been in a little rut lately but are you going to complain about that???? I'll take this season from Hanley, we'll correct that strikeout by deals in the offseason. Those guys will be traded or let go. Will the hate on Boni stop already??? He hasn't even played a full season. You can start complaining the same time next year. Jesus. You act like Uggla, Hammer, and Hermida were WAY better than Boni in year one. They struggled just the same. I never said anything bad about Hanley. I'm saying that it's hard to bat .340 if you are striking out 2-3 times a game.
  19. Sorry as I've said it before but look no further than hitting coach Jim Presley, who as a player averaged 145 K's a season. The Marlins hitters don't seem to be making adjustments during a game and god forbid they actually try to bunt to move a runner over. He's ruining our players swings. Which is ruining our season.
  20. Yes, you don't want strikeouts but give me a break!?!?! Hanley is a stud, he's been in a little rut lately but are you going to complain about that???? I'll take this season from Hanley, we'll correct that strikeout by deals in the offseason. Those guys will be traded or let go. Will the hate on Boni stop already??? He hasn't even played a full season. You can start complaining the same time next year. Jesus. You act like Uggla, Hammer, and Hermida were WAY better than Boni in year one. They struggled just the same. I wouldn't hate on him as much if he had power. Cause that's what gets runs
  21. Hey guys, we need to cut down on our strikeouts. It is unaccpeptable. Bonifacio has 1st and 3rd and he strikes out. (no suprise there though, starting him came back to haunt us) Then Ross Gload strikes out right after him. Hanley(our best player and leading the NL in hitting) should not be striking out to end the game. If he really wants the NL Batting Title then he needs to start racking up some hits. I know he is in a bit of a cold spell going 3 for his last 19. TOO MANY K'S!!!!!!!!
  22. this is probably a pointless thread, But does anyone else feel like in baseball to many teams sport RED. I mean red is my favorite color but even teams that didn't have red before change to red like the nationals arizona etc.and there were already plenty of teams with red. list of teams with who sport red phillies red sox arizona nationals angels the reds lol cardinals even texas now sports red houston kinda dark red but whatever braves am I missing anyone ? but still thats way to many The Cleveland Indians have a little bit on their cap.
  23. i think every manager in the majors would have kept JJ in for the 8th inning. the guy was pitching maybe his best game this season. he was on a roll retiring 20 straight batters. why would you want to replace JJ with a bullpen guy and disrupt the rhythm of not only our pitching but their hitting. the best situation for the Nations was taking out JJ. the other reason why you dont take him out was his competitive nature at a high successful rate. players hate being taken out of a game. players want to hit or pitch themselves out of poor situations that they put themselves and the team into. like to redeem themselves. even though JJ was struggling giving up 3 base hits, he has a strong competitive nature that wants to retire the 4th batter and get out of the inning without giving up too many runs. pitch out of the jam so he can build confidence within himself and with his teammates. If fredi takes JJ out too early JJ would be pissed off. JJ wnats the opportunity to pitch out of the jam that he got himself into. he wants to keep competing and doing it successfully. I agree. Josh Johnson is our best...they hit him in the 8th, and got the big hits we didn't get. Give the Nats some credit.
  24. i think every manager in the majors would have kept JJ in for the 8th inning. the guy was pitching maybe his best game this season. he was on a roll retiring 20 straight batters. why would you want to replace JJ with a bullpen guy and disrupt the rhythm of not only our pitching but their hitting. the best situation for the Nations was taking out JJ. the other reason why you dont take him out was his competitive nature at a high successful rate. players hate being taken out of a game. players want to hit or pitch themselves out of poor situations that they put themselves and the team into. like to redeem themselves. even though JJ was struggling giving up 3 base hits, he has a strong competitive nature that wants to retire the 4th batter and get out of the inning without giving up too many runs. pitch out of the jam so he can build confidence within himself and with his teammates. If fredi takes JJ out too early JJ would be pissed off. JJ wnats the opportunity to pitch out of the jam that he got himself into. he wants to keep competing and doing it successfully. I agree. Josh Johnson is our best...they hit him in the 8th, and got the big hits we didn't get. Give the Nats some credit. That's what I'm saying. The Nationals hit around our BEST pitcher, so if they do that, they deserve to win.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.