Everything posted by rmc523
-
2018-2019 Off-Season Thread
https://www.mlb.com/news/marlins-plan-to-offer-extension-to-jt-realmuto/c-296997532 Hill on Realmuto: When is the appropriate time? Shouldn't they be beating down his door? --- Also from the article - Mattingly is back, but the coaching staff may or may not change, more might come next week. --- A few other front office hires:
-
Olney suggests Showalter for front office
They've already said he's staying put in Chicago. I'd love to have him here, though, if they get rid of him after next year.
-
2018-2019 Off-Season Thread
I don't have a problem with trading him. I have a problem with dumping him for nothing, just because.
-
2018-2019 Off-Season Thread
Just seems stupid to me. We barely have an offense and want to dump one of the people that do contribute something? But we'll keep people who can't hit their way out of a wet paper bag?
-
Dump Starting Pitching
Well, we don't have an offense to build around either after dumping it last year.
-
2018-2019 Off-Season Thread
I don't think you just dump Dietrich and Straily for nothing, though. Prado can't be counted on for anything at this point. Anything beyond 5 games will be impressive.
-
2018-2019 Off-Season Thread
This. I look forward to seeing an updated version of the original logo.
-
2018-2019 Off-Season Thread
It sounds like they're re-configuring the lower bowl near the dugouts, though, as they were relocating ticket holders supposedly because there would be fewer seats available in those areas (meaning fewer, bigger seats).
-
2018-2019 Off-Season Thread
Another interesting thing to note - ALL seat row endcaps have the current (but colorless) logo on them. If/when the logo is changed, these will either need to be replaced with pieces with the new logo, or they'll need to be covered up. I have a hard time believing that they'll go through all this effort of re-configuring seating sections, installing new seats (in certain sections), etc. just to next year then cover up and/or replace the end caps to change the logo next year.
-
Lewis Brinson is better than Mike Schmidt
Well, they also should have kept him down to get an extra year of service time.
-
2018-2019 Off-Season Thread
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see. Maybe a high top like seating area or something? Could be neat. --- I also remember they were moving ticket holders in the lower area near the dugouts, so I think those are changing too - to fewer, but larger/plushier chairs if I had to guess. I'm guessing overall capacity may stay about the same (37,000), but with a lot more standing room only (currently 1,000) and less than the 36,000 seats than we have now.
-
Gammons: 2 International Scouting Directors Say BOTH Mesa's Are a Done Deal to Miami
Correct, referring specifically to IFAs.
-
How would you respond to this tweet?
They're gonna take you out now...
-
How would you respond to this tweet?
Probably wouldn't have been too far off last year's total had we blown a few less saves too.
-
Lewis Brinson is better than Mike Schmidt
Really? Good to know!
-
2018-2019 Off-Season Thread
I know some of the new guys will need to get playing time, but hopefully what we should've done last year - sign more veteran guys to 1 year deals hoping for bouncebacks that could turn into trade chips.
-
Gammons: 2 International Scouting Directors Say BOTH Mesa's Are a Done Deal to Miami
Oh, no, that's not what I meant. I don't think any of them have specifically ever said "I want to play in Miami", but it's always been seen as a natural fit.
-
Gammons: 2 International Scouting Directors Say BOTH Mesa's Are a Done Deal to Miami
I think some did want to come here, but we gave our usual lowball offers.
-
How would you respond to this tweet?
"That's so Marlins" "That's Marlins Baseball"
-
Gammons: 2 International Scouting Directors Say BOTH Mesa's Are a Done Deal to Miami
Years ago for guys like Cespedes, Abreu, etc....we were on the short list and never got anyone.
-
Worst in the NL
I think this is how most of us feel - I understood/didn't have a problem with the Gordon, Stanton, or Ozuna moves, but the Yelich one was hard to understand. Who knows, maybe it'll turn out ok and they (the guys we got) just had down years and they'll bounce back next year, but it's not looking pretty so far.
-
Gammons: 2 International Scouting Directors Say BOTH Mesa's Are a Done Deal to Miami
Agreed. I get it's a new group, but how many times have we heard "Marlins are at the top of the list for player X" only for nothing to happen.
-
Jeter has a new plan to move the Marlins home-run sculpture
I agree - it'll take sustained winning for any sort of long term consistent attendance.
-
Jeter has a new plan to move the Marlins home-run sculpture
I get your point, but at least they're trying something other than the same old same old. I'm completely with you - winning will solve most of the issue, but at least they're attempting to make the in-game experience better. That said, I'm with you about the latin music thing - I'm not against it, but it doesn't need to be all Latin music. I'm skeptical it'll bring a ton of people in, but the idea of a cheaper ticket is good......though why can't they do this now without altering a part of the park? I'm also not against the home run sculpture, but they seem dead-set against it.
-
Jeter has a new plan to move the Marlins home-run sculpture
I did add new WS banners - I find it pathetic that the only two instances of success in the organization's history are relegated to some tiny little metal "flags" (it was even more pathetic when they did the limp, windless flags. Nobody noticed the Publix Park either.... hehe My idea was that it would wrap around in front of the existing staircase, so that the staircase (which never gets used currently) would be behind these new platforms and be the access route to the three levels, and also allow for access to what is currently the Clevelander during the game. I'm also supportive of turning the Clevelander into a family zone, allowing kids to use the pool during the game, that would necessitate moving the Clevelander somewhere else, though. From Bowers' description, it sounded like the top tier was an extension of the promenade, as he mentioned views of both the field and the skyline. I suppose it's possible they go the cheap route and just put 3 tiers within the existing "bowl" the sculpture is in - but I don't know if it sits high enough to match the description of views both ways.