Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rmc523

VIP
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rmc523

  1. They want to charge more for those seats and make them more premium, so they're putting in better seats to justify charging more.
  2. On another site. ticket holders are being moved, and a source said it was because they're reconfiguring the seats
  3. I don't like how they used "x's" to indicate that you receive that benefit. Made me think you didn't get that at first. ---- When I first saw they were calling it "memberships", I thought they were doing what the A's did with you buying your guaranteed plan/seats, but you also have access to ALL remaining home games (in different, first come first serve seating areas). But after reading through it, I quickly realized it was just a name change from season tickets to "membership plans". I might sign up for a 10 game plan depending on the prices. --- Also, FWIW, apparently they're going to reconfigure some of the seats down toward the field (Presumably the ones above the dugout?), and have fewer, but nicer/more premium seats there.
  4. LOL. It depends on what you have around him.
  5. I think ultimately it's like a pendulum, though, like bmg was implying. What works now will work until someone tries something different and once that works, everyone swings over to that. Eventually someone will realize there is a different way to win - doing it the "old school" way of hitting against shifts, etc. and then you'll see teams stop shifting.
  6. Todd "To my point" Hollandsworth
  7. He doesn’t have a chance regardless because he plays on the Marlins. The only way he’d have a chance is if there was no other candidate, and with all the hype over the other two, he has no chance regardless of stats.
  8. I was the one that mentioned the Dodgers - and who knows - it may not happen - maybe Jeter likes how Hill does after a year or two. But it’s certaibly plausible it’s just a transition period.
  9. This thread is stupid.
  10. I don't think anyone is arguing attendance is less this year. Just that the actual difference in actual attendance (people there) isn't as big as the numbers would make it seem because Loria inflated them.
  11. I remember too that there was a picture of the colorless logo that's on the end of the stadium seats that was leaked and Samson denied that was the logo - don't know if that was before or after that article, though.
  12. I'd agree. I know I've watched a LOT less this year because of how bad they've been. But I also agree that physical/actual attendance probably isn't that different than years past due to artificially inflated numbers.
  13. It was a joke. I haven't been one since 2012 and didn't renew. I have thought about becoming one again, but haven't yet. Of course energy at the stadium is apathetic - the team sucks. I do know when I've been to games, I've seen them evaluating systems - literally standing there with stopwatches and taking notes at concession stands; they did an outreach program at a game I went to where several people (myself included) were invited to a suite to discuss potential ticket plans. I'm not saying they're doing everything right, and I'm not denying your experience has been different/worse than previous years, but they've said there will be more changes coming for next year after they've evaluated things and made changes, so let's see what they do this offseason before saying everything is terrible and will be forever.
  14. Have you THOUGHT about going to a game? He should show up to convince you to come!
  15. Again, you don't know what may have been done/sent out to others. And, you ignored the rest of the statement: "season ticket holders, sponsors and business partners, along with prospective new season-ticket holders, sponsors and business partners" . So while he may not have reached out to season ticket holders alone "tirelessly", when you put them all together, you can get there. He wasn't reaching out to just season ticket holders, he reached out to all those other people too.
  16. I really don't think Holly is THAT bad - he's certainly better than Eduardo Perez, Preston Wilson, and whoever else we randomly rolled out in '16. Jose died late in the year (Sept 25th), so I can't imagine that'd affect overall 2016 ratings that significantly, but I'd agree it'd have an affect. While on the topic - I can't believe that was already almost 2 years ago now.
  17. Hmm, apparently ratings for 2016 were up 4% over 2015. And ratings were down 30% for 2017 vs. 2016.
  18. They've said changes will be coming to the ballpark experience for next year - whether that means there's going to be any construction/modifications, I don't know, but that'd be a good time to change any branding, colors, etc. at the park coinciding with new team colors. I think it'll be this offseason, and hope for an Atlanta "SunTrust Park" approach - be "ok" for a year (for us with rebrand vs. Atlanta with a new park), and be good the next. Alternatively, they could wait until NEXT offseason when they hope to be good. But I think it'll be this offseason.
  19. This line confirms there's going to be some sort of change to the uniforms/colors/logo.
  20. I'm not saying everything in the article is completely accurate, but I don't understand your complaint - so because YOU weren't personally greeted by Jeter coming to your house asking you to buy season tickets, that means he hasn't really worked at reaching out to season ticket holders, sponsors, and business partners? In a way that Loria & co didn't do?
  21. Well, I'd like to think we have more market potential than the Rays if we ever become good and the whole latin america thing, but the Rays deal only goes to $82M/year, and they have far better ratings than we do (though they've also been more competitive). Let's hope we can at least match the figures of that deal. One of the articles (written before the sale) I linked to, though, mentioned that prospective bidders for the team projected TV rights in the $40-70M/year range, which is far better than the current $20M/year, but doesn't match the Rays. Yes. The Rays seem to tend to be midpack, while the Marlins are in the lower third at best.
  22. I read he's about to start a rehab program.
  23. Samson was talking that they were trying to renegotiate early, but obviously that was halted with the sale of the team. Regardless, the TV rights should go up, yes. The question is - by how much.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.