Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rmc523

VIP
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rmc523

  1. Apparently Eveld is from Coral Springs and went to USF.
  2. Mish now saying Jarlin is taking Ziegler's spot on and is headed to Atlanta. But "still waiting team Ziegler is going to" LOL.
  3. I mean....the Marlins get the same treatment.
  4. Mark Feisand, Jon Morosi, and Jon Heyman have all said the opposite - hasn't been dealt yet, but deal may be close. and not to the Cubs.
  5. I agree, however, a good thing to point out is by "absorb," he may have meant the acquiring team can take his salary without hitting luxury tax.
  6. A few notes from MLBTR: -The Yankees have been in touch with the Marlins about both Cameron Maybin and Ziegler, reports Mark Feinsand of MLB.com (Twitter links). New York has reportedly been eyeing an extra outfielder with Aaron Judge and Clint Frazier on the DL, and Maybin would fit that bill, while Ziegler would further deepen an already solid ’pen by giving them a strong weapon against right-handed opponents. -The Cubs do not have an agreement in place with the Marlins, but they remain the front-runner to land his services, per MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro. However, other teams remain in the mix to acquire him, per Frisaro, who notes that the Indians, Red Sox, Dodgers and Astros have all scouted Ziegler in recent weeks. -USA Today’s Bob Nightengale tweets that the Cubs are indeed expected to land a reliever today and are engaged with the Marlins in trade talks surrounding Ziegler (Twitter link). -SiriusXM’s Craig Mish tweets that the Indians are still in the picture for Ziegler as well. Mish also suggested last night that the Marlins are aiming to move Ziegler to a team that can absorb the remaining money on his contract (roughly $2.95MM, as previously noted above) and also has international bonus pool money to spare. Miami was connected last week to top international prospect Victor Victor Mesa (per MASNsports.com’s Byron Kerr, on Twitter), so it’d be reasonable to see the Fish try to boost their pool as teams await Mesa to be cleared for free agency by MLB.
  7. Wrong thread.
  8. I had done this a while back in an attempt to mix the old and new logos: I like 6 the best. Not sure why I can't get it to display without having to click the link.
  9. I'd love to see us announce reduced concession pricing next year. That membership thing for the A's is...interesting. If I'm understanding it right, whatever plan you get (10, 20, 40, etc. games), those tickets are guaranteed/reserved in whatever seat you got, but you have access to the remainder of the season's games, and those tickets are general admission (probably the outfield or something)? At parks with low attendance - and yes, I get this is to increase attendance - wouldn't everyone buy the 10 game plan and then just come to the other games and move to where they sat before without paying for it? I guess they're just happy to get people in the stands both for image and they can make concessions on them. I wonder if we'll see us do something like that too?
  10. Yeah, it seemed to me that the template used to be: Scene 1 - teases something to do with the sequel to whatever movie was just shown Scene 2 - teases something in the general MCU If they're going to continue to be something like this Ant Man & Wasp one, I won't stay for it. Or if anything, make the funny one the first one and "reward" the people for staying until after the credits with an actual teaser.
  11. I think that's a fair point. To the strictly baseball crowd, a celebrity bobblehead is stupid. But to a non baseball person, it might be something they want.
  12. Yeah, I'm with you - normally the second scene (if there is one) may not be a huge thing, but it normally gives something in the way of hints or foreshadowing - this was stupid, just showing the ant playing the drums like you said. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how he gets out. When is Captain Marvel out?
  13. I remember in San Francisco they had the Chevron cars on the outfield wall (the top of the cars extended above the rest of the wall), and he hit a ball that hit the top of the surf board on one of the cars, and would've otherwise been out, giving him 30. See, I think we shouldn't worry about the money, but whatever.....you're not getting a ton for Ziegler anyway.
  14. There ya go. Otherwise it seemed to me as just your average __insert name here__ night and not really an effort to involve the community around the team. It'll be interesting to see how these events are received.
  15. I agree with just about all of this. The team aspect will take a few years, so a lot of the tinkering and stuff is just "get through" ideas until they get there with the team, but I agree - consistency is what the organization is lacking (well, aside from consistently being a circus and not being good). If they can do that, I agree fans will show up. Here's an interesting question - in all this Miami/latin focus they're having - what are baseball games like in Latin America? Do they have a DJ yelling at everyone? If they're so focused on trying to infuse the team with the Latin market, can they pull ideas from there as well?
  16. Oh I completely agree - there's been plenty of times for me where I was thinking about going to a game soon or on the fence about attending a specific game, and then see it's Realmuto bobblehead night or they're running some sort of discount (though I usually get tickets on Stubhub, but if the discount is enough, I'll go through the team) and that gets me to pull the trigger.
  17. That's interesting.....might be something to take advantage of. I know in the past, like you said, you could always tell who bought the promotion because one section was packed to the gills in an otherwise mostly empty park (I'll never understand why they wouldn't try to spread people around to at least give a look of a "filled in" crowd - sounds like that's what they're doing now) I do recall seeing the "fans of the north" comment (game of thrones tie in? haha).
  18. That's a fair assessment. This year has been a "throw darts at the wall and see what sticks" year as far as marketing/promotions, etc for the new group. They've indicated more and bigger changes are coming for next year. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I'm curious how other teams market themselves, and how it's different from what the Marlins have been doing? Obviously most have a better on-field product to market, but outside of that, I'm assuming they do other things too? I wasn't criticizing the Sandlot promo itself, just unsure about the celebrity thing as a whole. But SilverBullet is right - it may not appeal to us that follow the team and would consider going anyway, but if appeals to Joe Schmoe casual fan that otherwise wouldn't go but goes for those days, it worked.
  19. I wonder if you have to provide some sort of residency proof? Or anyone can click on it and buy them? Maybe it's just one of those things intended for whatever community is highlighted, but if you're "in the know", you can take advantage of it even if you don't live there. The only thing would be - I assume you're seated in a certain area, though it's not like you can't freely roam/sit elsewhere. Agreed - Handing out free tickets works for a day but not long term, it needs to be a longer term effort (why I proposed some sort of community outreach program that people see what the team is doing for them). Does it get old/overplayed if they do it multiple times/season per community? If you do 3 nights/community, you're already at 30 games. There should be a "Fort Lauderdale night" or make it a "Broward night" too - in the effort to "Miami-ize" the experience, I worry they alienate other groups of fans. I still think they should partner with Brightline to work on getting northern fans to the games (though they'd either need a shuttle from the Brightline station, or also a Metrorail partnership, and subsequent shuttle from there to the park). Agreed - I remember getting calls/emails from a sales rep to buy one of those flexible 4 packs or whatever they're called, and by getting one, I could "guarantee access to limited edition bobbleheads" or something to that effect......I didn't do it (though I thought about it), and later on saw the advertising for the bobbleheads, which were DJ Khaled, Pitbull, that Sandlot character, and someone else......why would I want ANY of those? Though maybe I should've done it and sold it online like someone said above. I get we don't have many marketable people on the team right now, but that's what they resort to? Lol.
  20. I think they'd have to pair it with some sort of community fundraiser or community project or something to truly have this have some sort of impact. The "oh hey, the Marlins helped us raise funds for project XYZ, let's go to a game! Oh look, there's community __Blank__" and then have some sort of "The Marlins are making waves in the community" thing before/during the game.
  21. I know this thread is really old, but I just saw it. I too am an XBox One person, and I had several variations of MLB 2K_ back when they made those for the 360. I think 2K13 was the last iteration of it. I'd buy another if they'd make one (or something like it).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.