Everything posted by rmc523
-
25th Anniversary Weekend is finally here...
Yeah I was hoping there’d be a bigger crowd but it was still a decent turnout - much better than other games I’ve seen (not that that’s saying much).
-
25th Anniversary Weekend is finally here...
I love all the details. They even put lines on the advertisements to mimick the “flip” and boards that would rotate between advertisements. Have they done anything different with the sound system this year? It’s very echoey....I don’t remember it being that way in the past.
-
Countdown to 25th Anniversary Weekend
I did buy the Fathers Day hat 2 years ago, and the independence day one last year. Obviously they're making enough for it to be worthwhile for them. And I'm sure that kind of stuff sells more in other/bigger markets.
-
Brinson
I haven’t been watching, but if he’s had fielding gaffes lately, it indicates to me that the batting troubles are carrying over into the field now.
-
Countdown to 25th Anniversary Weekend
That was my point - it's a short term "lessen the rainbow" of the current stuff this year before changing to the new look (whether that be next year or the year after). When I was saying it's a sign they're changing, I didn't necessarily mean that black will be a major color in a new look, just that it was indicating a move away from the current look.
-
Countdown to 25th Anniversary Weekend
I think it's obvious a rebrand is coming. The Dimelo surveys indicate that. A few things we know: -more use of black in team messaging, advertising, branding, etc. -Reduced lime green at the ballpark (coincides with more black) -As mentioned, Dimelo surveys asking about unis. My take: - I view the use of more black as just being an easy way to kill two birds with one stone in the short term - 1) reduce the bright colors of the current logo/script (especially orange), and 2) it's an "easy" neutral color that allows them to really go any direction in a new look. - Changing the backstop from green to black to me indicates they don't like the lime green and want to change it. Now it looks like any other park on TV --- I'll address the walls first before getting into the uniforms/logo.......While I've come to like (or at least tolerate) the lime green walls, a change wouldn't bother me, depending on the change. If the keep it, I do believe that the lime green is best used sparingly - meaning only on the walls of the field around the field (including the backstop). I do NOT like it up on the walls beyond the field (like how it used to be on the area below the Budweiser bar that's now the red State Farm wall, or the area below the home run porch/around the super column - that's where it becomes too much/too bright. If they do change (which I think is coming), I do NOT want this to be Yankee Stadium south with some dark navy blue walls devoid of any personality. This move would also have to coincide with a logo/team colors change, but I would vote for 3 options in no particular order: Teal (which would be appropriate if they bring teal back The blue used in the current logo (if they retain some parts of the current setup....I bought one of the blue jerseys and love it) The WBC blue, which looked good, though that has no team ties. Regarding the uniforms. When a change is to be made, I think it has to be back to teal as the primary color. I get the argument for "this is baseball, we need traditional!", but let's be real - we're a young team at only 25 years old; we have a modern ballpark. We are not a traditional team. I'm not arguing to have our uniforms designed by Britto with 8 million coloors, but turning us into the Miami Yankees would be a mistake. I don't think we need teal uniforms every night (use that only on throwback days, or Sunday day games or something), but have teal be the main color. Bring it back to the teal and black, with silver accents. Away uniforms - gray or black tops, gray pants, teal or black hats Home uniforms - white or black tops, white pants, teal or black hats (Sparingly used) Alternate - Teal tops, white pants, black or teal hats I don't even think I'd mind seeing teal pinstripes on the home unis.
-
DFA ZIEGLER
who was playing first? When will they just get rid of Ziegler already? It’s pretty clear he doesn’t have much left - and certainly won’t be a piece a contender wants to acquire with how terrible he’s been. I was all for the idea of giving Tazawa and Ziegler a chance to go out there and become trade pieces for us, but it’s obvious that won’t happen (Tazawa is obviously already gone). Just get rid of him already. How demoralizing is it for the team to be in a position to win one of the few games they’ll win this year, only for him to cough it up again. You could see it on JT’s face.
- 2018 Draft
- Brinson
-
Potential 2018 Marlins All-Stars?
JT is a no-brainer.
-
Brinson
Well, most of us (I think) believe that he shouldn't have been here to start in the first place - if for no other reason than just service time. Beyond that, I'll agree, you can't necessarily expect instant results, but you'd expect to see some kind of improvement - identifying pitches better, walking a bit more - something, but it doesn't seem like that's happening.
-
5/25 Walgreens @ Marlins- Hos Say "Urine? Uhh..."
The wheels are falling off here.
-
Countdown to 25th Anniversary Weekend
I think it's only a matter of time before we see a rebrand. And with them using the teal/old fish on the 25th patch, I won't be surprised to see them revert back to the black/teal - that's why I tried to modernize the fish and pair it with the current M (I tried creating an M in the old F font, but it didn't look good at all). If they do that, I wonder if we'll see the outfield walls become teal again too?
-
Chris Paddack
The guy we traded to acquire Fernando Rodney.
-
Countdown to 25th Anniversary Weekend
I had created a few logo variations a few months ago: Do imgur images not show up in posts here?
-
Brinson
He should've been sent down to begin with for service time reasons alone, and now it's evident with the results. I can understand the points made by Holly in Thrillho's post, but I think you send him down now for service time and to rebuild some confidence. If he goes down and rakes, bring him back up the day he passes that extra year of service time threshold.
-
Greg Cote challenges Jeter to spend on Realmuto and Machado
I like the idea of it, but they just got rid of Stanton's contract, and Machado is going to have around the same contract, no? At that point, aside from the "Miami kid" argument, why trade Stanton if you're just going to give another guy a huge contract? I suppose it won't be as long of a contract perhaps, and include an opt out or two?
- Brinson
-
Home Run Celebration in CF
Please don't tell me that organization of radical lunatics did anything to stop that aquarium from being placed... It's still going to be put on, right?? I, for one, have not read anything otherwise.
-
Some exterior pics of the stadium
UFO? LOL. Since you posted the picture, as someone pointed out at another forum, the lower east span of the roof was moved underneath the upper center span this evening.
-
Suggestion
Nice idea, but I highly doubt it'll happen.
-
Some interior shots of the new stadium
Homerun feature...he said its going to be an arch that is always up. When a hr is hit 3 marlins will go around this arch, as if they were jumping, with a water fountain show (like in vegas) and lasers hitting the water/marlins. The lasers are already on the big screen. I don't think we are going to see a red grooms monstrosity but didn't ask specifically about red grooms (derp). Unfortunately, to me the description of the home run feature you are recalling/were given sounds just like the ugly Red Grooms thing: 3 Marlins on arches, etc. Those shots behind home plate have cement between the seats and the field. Did they abandon the aquarium idea???! Please, no... As someone else said, that area isn't done yet - they've not even put the Diamond club (or third baseline) seating area in yet - notice the big drop off there. The Diamond club seats will extend all the way to the edge of the concrete you see that forms the dugout, and yeah the aquariums will still be there. These areas have had to wait to be completed because the crane that was being used to build the roof was using the space where those seats go. And actually, the crane was lowered and dismantled yesterday and today, so I wouldn't be surprised to see construction on those two areas started soon.
-
Home Run Celebration in CF
reminds me of a pinball game. It does, doesn't it! The Sun-Sentinel used to have an animation of this monstrosity on their website, but it seems like the team ordered them to take it down because it would spoil the "surprise." I did manage to find a screen grab of it though: It's going to look close to the painting, but without the background. If you look at the rest of Grooms' work, you will see that it's pretty comparable in terms of style. As I remember from the video, this thing unfolds into different tiers. As you can see there are three different tiers of Marlins. When the "artwork" is fully unpacked, the Marlins move back and forth along those semicircles while the whole thing is going to be lit up by carnival lights. Based upon the painting, the video, and Red Grooms' previous work, I think it's very probable that this will be a tacky piece of sh*t and that the rest of the country will mock the franchise for it. I still wish they'd have done an anamatronic Marlin that comes out of (real) water and flips and flops around like an actual Marlin would. I saved the video when it was on the SunSentinal website, I'll post it soon so that we can all agree with Jorge Julio about the horrificness of it. I remember seeing that video too and wasn't impressed by it.
-
Question About Seats
On the website their is a page with highlights of the new ballpark. EASY ACCESSIBILITY The New Marlins Ballpark will contain accessible seating locations and aisle-transfer seats offering a full compliment of prices, locations and amenities. What is an aisle transfer seat? They're likely for the disabled - how one "works," though, I have no idea.
-
Great View of Downtown Miami From Inside New Stadium
My question is will that skyline get complaints from players that it is distracting ? It may not last all that long.Those windows may be tinted by year 2. As someone else said, many open air stadiums have skyline views too - Pittsburgh comes to mind off the bat. That is going to be cheesy, tacky and an embarassment. UGH ! I think most are in agreement with you there, myself included!