DFA ZIEGLER

CyggyMarlin

I just felt like creating a new topic for discussion.  That POS just came in with a 3 run lead and gives up a home run, keeping his ERA over 6.  Release this shit and let the kids pitch.

It's just stupid at this point.  They aren't helping the team and there is no way they can help bring up their (Zeigler/Tazawa) trade value at this point. At this point it's just dead money.  I agree with you, bring up two young arms.

It seems so unfair to knock Z at this point, but is anyone all comfy when he comes in with a run or two lead.  Seems like every time recently a few rockets have found a glove.  In the past, when he blew games, those rockets missed gloves and came batter after batter.  Seemingly, he is healthy and that makes him more effective-but it is a stomach turner each time.  He is a battler and seems like a mentor to the young guys.  So, what the heck, we stick with it until one of the other three are ready. Claw, Steck or Guerrero.

It’s totally fair to be nervous about him.  Ks are up this year B.B. are down.  But HR rate is up which isn’t what gives people the warm and fuzzies when the ninth rolls around.  He’s about replacement level right now.  Given his age and lack of velocity it’s easy to see why people get nervous.  But to your point he’s light years better than Tazawa 

[ATTACH]1971._xfImport[/ATTACH]

65A51E74-814D-41C5-B315-4063D70CA5EE.thumb.jpeg.d899a745ebeec60fab9ab62497e17821.jpeg

You need someone with stones and ice in their veins to be a closer...I don't see it on this roster. Ziegler is the worst and I just knew Guerrera was going to blow it too... he looked scared out there and the chant was getting to him. Amazing what you can pick up in body and face language with the sound off. I can't stand that damn chant (I'm also a Miami Hurricanes fan... need I say more?)

You need someone with stones and ice in their veins to be a closer...I don't see it on this roster. Ziegler is the worst and I just knew Guerrera was going to blow it too... he looked scared out there and the chant was getting to him. Amazing what you can pick up in body and face language with the sound off. I can't stand that damn chant (I'm also a Miami Hurricanes fan... need I say more?)

Wittgren should be closing imo

Rojas didn't exactly help him out with that dreadful throwing error but yeah, it was pretty ugly either way

Zeigler should have been much farther along to 1st  base than he was.  Not like Freeman has blazing speed.  Also,  from what I saw, the throw wasn't that bad.  He should have at least caught it.

Ziegler aside, The amount of walk office at abrasive had in such a short period of time in Atlanta is nuts. 

The tean is playing better but that’s how you blow a series win in epic fashion. It was 9-5 with 2 outs and a runner on first. 

What?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.