Home Run Celebration in CF

I hope the Marlins never hit another homerun after this season. trade Stanton.

than "piece of art" is seriously an abomination to the stadium.

Agreed. Tear the whole thing down. Start over.

Start over!? After that debacle we should be condemned to sun life for the rest of our miserable existence!

I hope the Marlins never hit another homerun after this season. trade Stanton.

than "piece of art" is seriously an abomination to the stadium.

Agreed. Tear the whole thing down. Start over.

Start over!? After that debacle we should be condemned to sun life for the rest of our miserable existence!

Too bad Sun Life wouldn't want us anymore

That picture is more of a painting, thing wont look close to that IMO, look much better... but yes Im sure it will have tons and tons of colors...

I hope you are right. We moved our seating so we could get the full visual effect at the new pond without all the twisting and turning we would have had to do with comparable seating from where we are now. That picture does nothing for me.

The Sun-Sentinel used to have an animation of this monstrosity on their website, but it seems like the team ordered them to take it down because it would spoil the "surprise." I did manage to find a screen grab of it though:

It's going to look close to the painting, but without the background. If you look at the rest of Grooms' work, you will see that it's pretty comparable in terms of style.

As I remember from the video, this thing unfolds into different tiers. As you can see there are three different tiers of Marlins. When the "artwork" is fully unpacked, the Marlins move back and forth along those semicircles while the whole thing is going to be lit up by carnival lights.

Based upon the painting, the video, and Red Grooms' previous work, I think it's very probable that this will be a tacky piece of sh*t and that the rest of the country will mock the franchise for it.

reminds me of a pinball game.

It does, doesn't it!

The Sun-Sentinel used to have an animation of this monstrosity on their website, but it seems like the team ordered them to take it down because it would spoil the "surprise." I did manage to find a screen grab of it though:

It's going to look close to the painting, but without the background. If you look at the rest of Grooms' work, you will see that it's pretty comparable in terms of style.

As I remember from the video, this thing unfolds into different tiers. As you can see there are three different tiers of Marlins. When the "artwork" is fully unpacked, the Marlins move back and forth along those semicircles while the whole thing is going to be lit up by carnival lights.

Based upon the painting, the video, and Red Grooms' previous work, I think it's very probable that this will be a tacky piece of sh*t and that the rest of the country will mock the franchise for it.

I still wish they'd have done an anamatronic Marlin that comes out of (real) water and flips and flops around like an actual Marlin would.

I saved the video when it was on the SunSentinal website, I'll post it soon so that we can all agree with Jorge Julio about the horrificness of it.

I remember seeing that video too and wasn't impressed by it.