Home Run Celebration in CF

I like it better than the original version but wonder what happened to the pelicans. The seagulls can be found any place I believe because I've seen them as far north as upper pennisula Michigan. But pelicans are more indengous to here, right??

The marlins flipping is better at the top but do marlins do somersault? Tell me fishermen. I know dolphins do it.

Maybe I'm too picky but it is certainly different and I certainly don't think it is any dumber than the NY apple , the Brewer coming down a slide or the cow doing the tomahawk in Atlanta. At least our display have numerous parts that belong in south Florida :mis2

Amen, Rab,

Everyone has the right to complain about things the don't like but I look at this differently.

We have our own state of the art, air-conditioned, rain free ballpark. We have our own home run celebration. If they wanted to shoot a golden turd in the air from the home run celebration then I would be sitting there in awe that it's ours.

Amen, Rab,

Everyone has the right to complain about things the don't like but I look at this differently.

We have our own state of the art, air-conditioned, rain free ballpark. We have our own home run celebration. If they wanted to shoot a golden turd in the air from the home run celebration then I would be sitting there in awe that it's ours.

I never liked this reasoning because having an embarrassing home run feature was never a requirement for the stadium to be built.

Yeah, the Marlins are lucky to not be in the position the Rays are facing right now (I don't see how they can survive without relocation), but I don't see why the stadium deal should prevent people from voicing displeasure about certain components of the stadium and the uniforms.

I'm thinking it will be better in person because it won't be as cartoonish... Probably still be pretty bad.

Really, the only thing that can make it look worse is being it being in Portland, so I'll get over it.

It's Red Grooms. His art is supposed to look cartoonish in person.

Embarrassing is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I have always seen it as quirky and something different, in a good way. It separates us in another way from some of the other teams. Astros have their train, the mets the apple, brewers the slide. I think it adds a dimension. As gigantic as this thing looks like it's turning out to be, i think it's going to be pretty exciting to see it in action.

And when it comes right down to it, People are going to be paying more attention to the home run itself then the feaure. Atleast that's the argument some people on the board were telling others when talking about which mattered more, uniforms or the team playing good. I'm not making a statement about whether I agree with that analysis but that was said at one point.

I like it and I'm not going to try to convince anyone else to like it as well but I can't wait to see it in action.

Another thing, I wonder if we are going to have a horn during home runs.

"LoMoMarlins: If this "home run feature" thing is legit http://t.co/MEWeBuQS how pissed are you going to be @MikeStanton27 when he drops 50 in 2012?"

--http://twitter.com/LoMoMarlins/status/122324920024834048

Lomo making fun of the hr feature.

Looks like he took it down?

I liked the older mock-up better.

This quote from that article was great:

If Carnival and Las Vegas had a baby, this would be the placenta. If Charlton Heston ever lands on Planet of the Fish, this will be their version of the "It's a Small World" ride.

Embarrassing is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I have always seen it as quirky and something different, in a good way. It separates us in another way from some of the other teams. Astros have their train, the mets the apple, brewers the slide. I think it adds a dimension. As gigantic as this thing looks like it's turning out to be, i think it's going to be pretty exciting to see it in action.

And when it comes right down to it, People are going to be paying more attention to the home run itself then the feaure. Atleast that's the argument some people on the board were telling others when talking about which mattered more, uniforms or the team playing good. I'm not making a statement about whether I agree with that analysis but that was said at one point.

I like it and I'm not going to try to convince anyone else to like it as well but I can't wait to see it in action.

Another thing, I wonder if we are going to have a horn during home runs.

The fact that every person holds his own subjective opinion on this goes without saying. Most people seem to agree, however, that this thing is hideous.

The home run features in Milwaukee and New York are far less flashy and ridiculous than this thing is going to be. In Milwaukee, the slide is tucked away in the left field corner and doesn't really have any bells and whistles. The Mets apple is a bit more prominently displayed, but it's a rather simple and plain. The Reds Groom thing is far more extravagant because it has a garish use of color, moving parts, and laser lights. Nothing else in another MLB park really compares.

When that thing goes off, it's going to provoke a bunch of ridicule and laughter by both Marlins fans and everyone else.

"LoMoMarlins: If this "home run feature" thing is legit http://t.co/MEWeBuQS how pissed are you going to be @MikeStanton27 when he drops 50 in 2012?"

--http://twitter.com/LoMoMarlins/status/122324920024834048

Lomo making fun of the hr feature.

Looks like he took it down?

I liked the older mock-up better.

This quote from that article was great:

If Carnival and Las Vegas had a baby, this would be the placenta. If Charlton Heston ever lands on Planet of the Fish, this will be their version of the "It's a Small World" ride.

Someone in the comments for one of the articles said that it's gayer than anything he's ever seen in a pride parade. It's funny, but probably true.