Everything posted by rmc523
-
Great View of Downtown Miami From Inside New Stadium
I cant wait to see what ends up in the Outfield Pool as far as celebrations go. Other then the teams new uniforms, thats what im most excited about seeing at the new stadium. You mean the actual pool or the big cylinder type "pool" in center field? In that space goes this ugly thing (though I suppose I should wait to reserve judgment until I see the final product): The marlins and pelicans and stuff will move around as it rises. Somewhere on the Marlins' website (I think) there was an animation of it working.
-
Miami Marlins
Alright, I updated mine slightly - not sure if the new "M" is quite what you were thinking of QbanCastillo - if you were thinking of something that wrapped under the entire word, I haven't been able to come up with something similar to that that I've liked yet, but I have tried it. Anyway, here's the new version (old posted below for comparison): And here's a quick accompanying "Marlins" text:
-
Miami Marlins
Alright, I updated mine slightly - not sure if the new "M" is quite what you were thinking of QbanCastillo - if you were thinking of something that wrapped under the entire word, I haven't been able to come up with something similar to that that I've liked yet, but I have tried it. Anyway, here's the new version (old posted below for comparison): And here's a quick accompanying "Marlins" text:
-
Miami Marlins
What stadium logo? Link please... This one:
-
Miami Marlins
What stadium logo? Link please... This one:
-
Miami Marlins
Yeah, I kind of noticed the I's effect too.. not bad on that, gives it style too but I chose to speak on what initially grabbed me. How about the right leg of the M sweeping under? Ok, I'll play around with it and post it when I can.
-
Miami Marlins
Yeah, I kind of noticed the I's effect too.. not bad on that, gives it style too but I chose to speak on what initially grabbed me. How about the right leg of the M sweeping under? Ok, I'll play around with it and post it when I can.
-
Miami Marlins
Im iffy on the way the M's looks., but I really like the curve effect on the left leg of it and at the end with the waves. It just says "fresh" to me, in more than one way. Yeah, the idea came from how I sometimes write my letters that you can actually see it in the upper right corner of the picture below. With the left leg of the M, I was trying to create a wave affect, which I then carried to the end of the i (actually with the dots above the i's I tried to create a sort of wave look too, not sure how successful I was with it, though). I wasn't as pleased with how the (quick) "Marlins" accompanying version went so I didn't post it, but I might as well post it anyway: Would you prefer the right leg of the M to have a wave affect too, or do you just not like anything to the right of the left leg?
-
Miami Marlins
Im iffy on the way the M's looks., but I really like the curve effect on the left leg of it and at the end with the waves. It just says "fresh" to me, in more than one way. Yeah, the idea came from how I sometimes write my letters that you can actually see it in the upper right corner of the picture below. With the left leg of the M, I was trying to create a wave affect, which I then carried to the end of the i (actually with the dots above the i's I tried to create a sort of wave look too, not sure how successful I was with it, though). I wasn't as pleased with how the (quick) "Marlins" accompanying version went so I didn't post it, but I might as well post it anyway: Would you prefer the right leg of the M to have a wave affect too, or do you just not like anything to the right of the left leg?
-
Miami Marlins
Not to hijack this thread or anything, but what do you all think about this one I came up with the other day?
-
Miami Marlins
Not to hijack this thread or anything, but what do you all think about this one I came up with the other day?
-
spine3d rendering
I just noticed that the original picture has the Marlins text on top of the roof. Please don't do this That was a rendering someone did - not (completely) what it'll actually be like - none of the official renderings have shown a logo on the roof (but I guess we've not seen anything in the way of the new logos yet, LOL).
-
spine3d rendering
Yea. and now apparently there are people walking all over the place where the pool was to be. How f***ing rude. They're probably looking for the pool! "Honey, where's the pool?" "I don't know - I thought it was supposed to be right here!"
-
spine3d rendering
Looks like they are not going to have the water/pool feature in the front. they gone away from it the last few renderings. That sucks I thought it was really cool looking. That's extremely disappointing to me - it looked far better with the pool, IMHO.
-
Seats Currently Going in Question
Yes I would think there will be another row going in the big gaps you see. One reason I could think of them doing it this way is perhaps to allow more room for workers and supplies to be moved around in the lower areas as necessary? I dunno, just a thought.
-
The Miami Marlins
What about just "Carl Barger Executive Offices?"
-
The Miami Marlins
thank you, sounds good!.. idk how green or red would make any sense but blue/orange/yellow is more fitting for miami.. In all honesty i dont really care what they choose, i just cant wait for opening day 2012. You're welcome - I certainly hope red is not incorporated WHATSOEVER into the uniforms or branding - there's too many red teams. I agree green wouldn't fit. Orange has been heavily rumored as a uni color now that I'm thinking about it, but I don't like that idea at all (probably because orange is not one of my favorite colors). I always figured they only used orange in advertisements and branding now is because of the SunLife Stadium association w/ the orange seats, etc. You're likely right about the colors being some combo of blue/orange/yellow, though. We'll just have to wait and see, i guess!
-
The Miami Marlins
After this (the 2011) season, the name and colors will switch to Miami Marlins and yet-to-be-disclosed colors. Nobody (outside of the Marlins ownership/top execs) seems to know what the new colors will be for sure, but we've thrown out some guesses based the colors in the ballpark's logo - also, the colors Red (3rd baseline), blue (home plate), yellow (first baseline), and green (outfield) are being used to divide the ballpark into sections to help people get around. Also to note, the blue used for the sections and seats is a darker blue than the one in the logo. So, whether any of these 4 (above) or 5 (below/logo) are used on the uniforms? I'm not sure, but that's one of the few things we have to go on at this point.
-
Stadium test run
I remember those discussions as well. I think you can pretty much count on the games. The finals would be a nice touch. And let's not forget an ASG, probably within the first 3 years. Yup, there'll be WBC games for sure. As you said the finals would be nice too. Regarding the ASG - the Marlins are trying to get the 2015 ASG The 2011-2013 games have been announced: 2011 - Arizona 2012 - Kansas City 2013 - New York (Mets) Minnesota is trying to get the 2014 ASG, while both the Marlins and Nationals are apparently requesting the 2015 game.
-
Stadium test run
Come to think of it, it looks like a good chance for the powers that be to get a grip on things before Opening Day. Make tweeks in traffic flow, stadium security, parking, etc... Long list there to get a smooth operation in place to help ensure a great Marlins Opening Day extravaganza. Why go into something like that on a wing and a prayer? That's exactly why most places like this have "soft" openings using events such as the ones listed above to do precisely what you mentioned - see how everything works, discover issues that may pop up, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see World Baseball Classic games there. Weather will be perfect, the Latin American countries do well attendance-wise here, and it'll be good for the stadium to get national publicity. Have they announced the venues yet? Edit: Just realized they are now doing it every 4 years...so 2006, 2009, next one will be 2013 and then 2017. Yes, I think they're trying to host WBC games - I think there was talk of perhaps even the WBC finals at one point too.
-
Inside the Ballpark--Photos
Thanks a lot for posting these pictures! It's great to see these views that we cannot see from the webcams.
-
Miami Marlins
I want to like it, but the "Ms" in whatever font that is make me think of Milwaukee's "M": , but certainly the Miller "M": I like the Marlin, though, and agree the M on the hat should have a Marlin wrapped around it like the current "F" logo - if you're not gonna keep teal, at least keep the Marlin in some capacity.
-
Miami Marlins
I want to like it, but the "Ms" in whatever font that is make me think of Milwaukee's "M": , but certainly the Miller "M": I like the Marlin, though, and agree the M on the hat should have a Marlin wrapped around it like the current "F" logo - if you're not gonna keep teal, at least keep the Marlin in some capacity.
-
Seats? Do I see seats?
Are those giant packages, maybe 15 of them, mostly about 15' x 15' x 3' stacked up behind the home dugout a bunch of seats? Samson indicates that seats are about to be installed: "We're not sure in which location the seat will be in, but ideally we'll have the person whose season ticket that is help install that seat," Marlins president David Samson said. "They'd be the first person to actually sit in that seat." The organization is looking to make the installation a memorable event, not only for the building, but for the fan who will have the distinction of being the first to sit in the ballpark. If that particular seat is not yet sold, the team plans to make a marketing push to encourage a fan to purchase the first seat. "We've got to see where they will first be installing," Samson said. "If it is at a place where no seat has currently been sold, we'll start marketing it and telling people who come to the sales headquarters that that seat is available." According to the February 1 update, the first seats will be put in the Baseline Reserved Section 1. Looking at the section guide on the Marlins' website, that's in the right field corner, so it'll be a while before we're able to see the installed seats via the webcam, unfortunately.
-
Seats? Do I see seats?
Are those giant packages, maybe 15 of them, mostly about 15' x 15' x 3' stacked up behind the home dugout a bunch of seats? Interesting - I never thought about that - seat installation is supposed to start soon, so it could be! I know some of the packages (smaller gray ones) are the LED boards that stretch around most of the edge of the second deck - you can see they're installing the first pieces directly behind home plate on the lowest edge of the second deck (what I know are the LED band sections are circled in red). What's in the whilte ones - who knows, could be seats :mis2