Everything posted by rmc523
-
Tampa Bay Rays Announce New Stadium Plans
I was thinking the same thing too. Looks like there's a ton of foul ground behind home plate too.
-
Tampa Bay Rays Announce New Stadium Plans
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/2018/07/10/rays-reveal-ybor-city-stadium-details/
-
The people wearing the bright yellow/green shirts behind home plate
They're there now!
-
DFA CHEN
Yeah, I don’t at all understand why they didn’t sign a few arms you mentioned after trading everyone....they’d have become easy trade chips at the deadline to further replenish the system. Yet we did nothing.
-
Sandy Alcantara being called up
I've always said "Al-can-tar-a", but that's just going on how it appears/is spelled.
-
Nationals Recently "Checked In" on J.T. Realmuto
Furthermore, you could do the opposite of Loria, and spread the contract out evenly and pay him more in the earlier years than he'd be making in arbitration.
-
Marlins Trade News / Rumors
They better not. Enough of the "we have to shed salary" mindset. Isn't Ziegler the only high priced bullpen vet? Eat some money/don't throw in high priced guys to dump the salary and take back better pieces in return.
-
Is Dietrich getting traded at the deadline?
Well, if you get a B prospect, then you just need "aseball" prospects
-
Barraclough, Conley, Steckenrider
Shows you how much I've been paying attention...
-
Marlins Trade News / Rumors
There's a fine line between keeping the young players and trading them if you get a good offer. Obviously you can't dump every young player that could be part of the next contender, but if you get blown away on one or two of them, you at the very least consider it. You could potentially get several guys for the next contender by trading away one.
-
Barraclough, Conley, Steckenrider
Is he still on the team? I haven't been watching closely, but I feel like I haven't heard anything about him since being removed from the closer role.
-
Frisaro doesn't think Marlins will trade Realmuto
But he's improved every year for the last few years.....it's not as if he's been hitting at Hech levels and suddenly has a monster year out of nowhere.
-
Interesting Article on Denbo and the changes that are being made
Some of it could be that they're not happy they can't operate how they were under Loria (do whatever they want), so they don't have anything positive to say.
-
Interesting Article on Denbo and the changes that are being made
https://frsbaseball.com/mlb/marlins/heyman-under-marlins-new-boss-things-have-to-change-and-are/
-
6-13 Giants @ Marlins
Why is the roof open? It's been hot and humid lately.
-
Bring Back the Teal Official Thread
I don't know if they're still selling it, but in the team store on the main concourse, they were selling black "MIAMI" Tshirts that had the current script with the bottom just teal instead of the orange. It looked nice, but I agree, they need to do more than just change the colors on the current uniforms.
-
Bring Back the Teal Official Thread
Also, going with something new allows them to continue doing throwback series, weekends, etc. if they want.
-
Bring Back the Teal Official Thread
Tweaking here and there won't give the "hey look, we're doing something different here, we're reinventing the franchise" "bang" that I think they want, though.
-
Bring Back the Teal Official Thread
They're not going to keep changing the uniforms every year, tweaking slight things. They'll make a change or won't.
-
Tommy is Back
I have no problem with having a female reporter - I liked Allison Williams. I just haven’t liked Blaylocks work since the beginning. But I guess Allison was a tough act to follow. its good to hear Tommy again
-
Tommy is Back
I’m not a hug Minervini fan as the play by play guy, but at least he has some “home team” energy to his calls. can we ask the real question here.... in all the broadcaster shuffling, how is Jessica Blaylock still around?
-
Stan Meek no longer VP of scouting
Agreed. my view was that he was kept on because he knew the system and there wasn’t time for a new guy to come in and take over.
-
Tommy is Back
I wonder if this is a precursor to reverting back to Rich and Tommy in the booth next year. If they want to keep Holly and make him the pre/post game guy, I’d be ok with that. Severino hasn’t done much for me (my vote from the announced list of finalists was Scott Braun), so I’d have no problem with him leaving.
-
25th Anniversary Weekend is finally here...
His point was that they actually put the old logo onto the helmets instead of just using the existing helmets (I know it's just a sticker). Other things I noticed: When I got to my seats last night, there was an envelope on it inviting me up to a suite. It was obviously to get people to sign up for ticket packages, but it was neat to go up into a suite. Interestingly, nobody approached me (and my brother/family friend) while I was up there. I did see the new VP of tickets/sales, Travis Apple, there when we left the suite, but didn't talk to him or hear the expected speech I figured he'd give, though he may have done it after I left. I also saw team employees timing concession lines, which indicates they've identified that as an issue. It's good to see that they're paying attention to details like that. Beyond that - I too am hesitant about catering too much to latin/miami vibe. Not saying they shouldn't, but not every fan there is latin. I also would like to see them work on a better way to get people to the park. I think they lost a lot of broward fans with the move......there's nothing they can do about the location, but it's just inconvenient to drive down, and terrible to get back with only the single northbound lane on 395.
-
Nationals Recently "Checked In" on J.T. Realmuto
They have to start somewhere, though. They're only going to overcome that image by making moves like that (signing JT) and sticking with them and building around him.