Is Dietrich getting traded at the deadline?

Deitrich’s OPS is approaching .825 on June 24th. 

I think he will get launched to a contender. 

The Marlins have a long way to go to having a top tier farm system. 

They should probably trade anyone that has value (other than JT unless it’s an obvious overpay). 

He will be a valuable piece to any contender.  He can play OF, 3rd, 2nd and 1st.  He's mediocre in the OF but his defense has been pretty good at 2nd and 3rd.  He is also under control through next season if I'm not mistaken.  We won't get a top prospect back but we should also not settle for a garbage return.

Also, I think he has a lot more trade value than Starlin Castro.

He will be a valuable piece to any contender.  He can play OF, 3rd, 2nd and 1st.  He's mediocre in the OF but his defense has been pretty good at 2nd and 3rd.  He is also under control through next season if I'm not mistaken.

According to Baseball-Reference, he's not a free agent til 2021. So that could be pretty big for a team trying to acquire him.

Dietrich's a player I don't believe will command a huge contract when he finally hits the open market. I would keep him here since's hes so versatile, can hit / has pop, and in all honesty, probably isn't going to give you back more in a trade then what hes already providing. Players like him are the ones that silently contribute for a contender.

I have enjoyed Dietrich this season but I do look forward to the day he is traded.  The naysayers will cry out “Jeter!  He’s tearing our team apart”.  And “why should we come back now”.  Nobody puts asses in seats like Derek Dietrich.  I want to meet the people that have Dietrich as the straw the broke the camels back on their marlins support 

I have enjoyed Dietrich this season but I do look forward to the day he is traded.  The naysayers will cry out “Jeter!  He’s tearing our team apart”.  And “why should we come back now”.  Nobody puts asses in seats like Derek Dietrich.  I want to meet the people that have Dietrich as the straw the broke the camels back on their marlins support 

Dude, there will be people yelling firesale if they trade Drew Steckenrider. You know how ignorant some people can be.

Dude, there will be people yelling firesale if they trade Drew Steckenrider. You know how ignorant some people can be.

I will miss the energy inside Marlins Park when Donny heads to the mound and calls for Steckenrider to enter the game.  When those doors fly open and he emerges...oh boy.  I wish I could bottle that energy and sell it. Asses in seats.  

Before this season 15000~20000 people in the seats to see G,Bear,Yeli and Dee,this season 5000~10000 people in the seats to see this current team,so how many people would in the seats to see a team without JT,Bour,Castro,Straily,Urena,Stecken,Bearclow,Deetz and even Rojas…

Before this season 15000~20000 people in the seats to see G,Bear,Yeli and Dee,this season 5000~10000 people in the seats to see this current team,so how many people would in the seats to see a team without JT,Bour,Castro,Straily,Urena,Stecken,Bearclow,Deetz and even Rojas…

The same amount.

He has one position, maybe 2 positions. His outfield, and infield is a travesty. He is a streaky hitter. Honestly I'd rather move Bour, and see if half a year at first he can put together a 4 WAR season. He can focus on that hitting thing. And maybe he can hit 25.

You believe there were truly 20,000 people there last season?