Marlins Trade News / Rumors

CyggyMarlin

Here is the latest since DC checked in on Real Deal

From MLBTraderumors.com

The Indians are looking for the bullpen help, and they are one of multiple teams who have been in touch with the Marlins about Kyle Barraclough and Drew Steckenrider.  Cleveland’s relief corps has been a major weak spot for the team, and though Andrew Miller will eventually be back from the DL, it isn’t any surprise that the Tribe is looking for further upgrades.  Barraclough (who took over as Miami’s closer earlier this month) and Steckenrider are both having good seasons, though both have exhibited some control issues.  The Marlins are “open for business” in discussing virtually everyone on the roster, though they’re less likely to deal young, controllable players like Barraclough and Steckenrider for anything but a large return.  Beyond the bullpen, Heyman also thinks the Tribe could look for a right-handed bat for the bench.

I always thought the players that should be traded were the high priced veterans and not the low priced controllable young players…

But nobody wants high priced veterans that's why you sometimes have to trade the low priced young players. If it was that easy to trade  pricey veterans we would have traded Ziegler Chen Tazawa and Prado long ago. 

But nobody wants high priced veterans that's why you sometimes have to trade the low priced young players. If it was that easy to trade  pricey veterans we would have traded Ziegler Chen Tazawa and Prado long ago. 

Not nobody wants high priced veterans but only wants the ones that worth the price.

Signing the high priced FA would be the high risk gamble so need to develop the low priced controllable young players,I believe Jeter don't want the process of rebuild too long because he needs to show something to the fan base in the next 2~3 seasons,so why he needs to trade the pieces that would make it happen ? the players many think would net us good return were just the players would contributed big to the next contending team so why need keep to trade the "young" players for "more young" players !? if this team keeps doing something like this than they would be just like the A's and the Rays and be the training camp for other teams.

Signing the high priced FA would be the high risk gamble so need to develop the low priced controllable young players,I believe Jeter don't want the process of rebuild too long because he needs to show something to the fan base in the next 2~3 seasons,so why he needs to trade the pieces that would make it happen ? the players many think would net us good return were just the players would contributed big to the next contending team so why need keep to trade the "young" players for "more young" players !? if this team keeps doing something like this than they would be just like the A's and the Rays and be the training camp for other teams.

There's a fine line between keeping the young players and trading them if you get a good offer.

Obviously you can't dump every young player that could be part of the next contender, but if you get blown away on one or two of them, you at the very least consider it.  You could potentially get several guys for the next contender by trading away one.

I'd tie one of the high priced bullpen vets around the neck of Barraclough or Stek to be honest.

Work out a deal with the team, and at the last minute hit em with the "We'll you've come this far, so your going to take this one here too".

I'd tie one of the high priced bullpen vets around the neck of Barraclough or Stek to be honest.

Work out a deal with the team, and at the last minute hit em with the "We'll you've come this far, so your going to take this one here too".

But then the return is much less and I think, or want to think, that they're done with shedding salary and are more about acquiring talent... so this is actually a great test for the front office yet again. 

Will they keep the veterans and eat their money while acquiring talent for the young guys or will they lessen their returns by insisting on packaging the veterans with the young guys? 

We shall see. 

Also, FWIW, they can probably only do that with Ziegler who is in his final year. I doubt any team would accept Prado or Chen with any of our younger guys. Those guys are too pricey for too long to just be thrown in. 

They better not.

Enough of the "we have to shed salary" mindset.  Isn't Ziegler the only high priced bullpen vet?

Eat some money/don't throw in high priced guys to dump the salary and take back better pieces in return.

But then the return is much less and I think, or want to think, that they're done with shedding salary and are more about acquiring talent... so this is actually a great test for the front office yet again. 

Will they keep the veterans and eat their money while acquiring talent for the young guys or will they lessen their returns by insisting on packaging the veterans with the young guys? 

We shall see. 

Also, FWIW, they can probably only do that with Ziegler who is in his final year. I doubt any team would accept Prado or Chen with any of our younger guys. Those guys are too pricey for too long to just be thrown in. 

I'm just saying coem to an agreement on one of the younger guys, then try to sneak the vet in there as a "you're taking this too" type of thing.

Example. Fictional pulled outta my prison pocket:

"So you're taking Barraclough and in exchange we get Victor Robles and Juan Soto".

"Yeah, Barraclough for Robles and Soto".

"Cool, I'll send in the paper work for Barraclough *cough* Prado *cough*, in exchange for Robles and Soto"

"Perfect, send it in.... wait what?"

Click.

Example. Fictional pulled outta my prison pocket:

"So you're taking Barraclough and in exchange we get Victor Robles and Juan Soto".

"Yeah, Barraclough for Robles and Soto".

"Cool, I'll send in the paper work for Barraclough *cough* Prado *cough*, in exchange for Robles and Soto"

"Perfect, send it in.... wait what?"

Click.

Exactly like that except that it doesn't really work like that so nothing like that. 

Who is lol? Why didn't his or her parents take the time to at least capitalize the first letter if they were going to go with such an uncommon name? 

It was capitalied, it’s IoI, a family name. 

Short for “I Only Incriminate”.

Long line of snitches w stitches. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.