Infinity War / Endgame [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Bret Hart

I saw it last night [4/28] and have to say I really enjoyed it. Technically one small spoiler for me happened a few days ago before the movie even came out but it didn't affect much.

I do have some questions but I'll hold off on them until Part 2 comes out because I feel they'll be answered then. Plus I have some predictions to go along with that.

I saw it last night [4/28] and have to say I really enjoyed it. Technically one small spoiler for me happened a few days ago before the movie even came out but it didn't affect much.

I do have some questions but I'll hold off on them until Part 2 comes out because I feel they'll be answered then. Plus I have some predictions to go along with that.

Yea this is clearly a two parter so every unanswered thing 100% feels like "just wait till the next movie." 

With that said, shoot me some questions in a PM, interested what you're thinking and I like discussing this stuff. 

Yea this is clearly a two parter so every unanswered thing 100% feels like "just wait till the next movie." 

With that said, shoot me some questions in a PM, interested what you're thinking and I like discussing this stuff. 

Pfft you just wanna get into my mind pants.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I ended up seeing this last night (in a small theater sitting in the front row....). I knew people would "die" but was just rolling my eyes when I saw how they died. Seriously, is there any doubt that they're not going to come back? Why is everyone freaking out? Like, come on. There's no coincidence that the original Avengers are all still alive. The next movie will see them saving their friends.

One thing, though: Thanos did nothing wrong.

I ended up seeing this last night (in a small theater sitting in the front row....). I knew people would "die" but was just rolling my eyes when I saw how they died. Seriously, is there any doubt that they're not going to come back? Why is everyone freaking out? Like, come on. There's no coincidence that the original Avengers are all still alive. The next movie will see them saving their friends.

One thing, though: Thanos did nothing wrong.

I agree with all of this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch Ant-Man and Wasp yet? Curious to know if it connects at all to Infinity War.

Supposedly it's not connected, but the ending has a 10-15 second clip that ties it in that's supposed to be 'crazy'. I'm scared to look it up on the internetz and read a huge spoiler that will ruin the movie for me so just looking for a 'nah it doesn't relate to Infinity War at all' or 'yea it's great, hold on to your butt'

Anyone watch Ant-Man and Wasp yet? Curious to know if it connects at all to Infinity War.

Supposedly it's not connected, but the ending has a 10-15 second clip that ties it in that's supposed to be 'crazy'. I'm scared to look it up on the internetz and read a huge spoiler that will ruin the movie for me so just looking for a 'nah it doesn't relate to Infinity War at all' or 'yea it's great, hold on to your butt'

The movie and the "Stinger at the End" have nothing to do with one another other than  simple plot device... HOWEVER- the end makes pretty clear where Ant-Mans world and himself stand after Thanos. There is some correlation. But Antman on it's own was pretty great. I enjoyed it.

With that said, if you haven't seen infinity war- you can watch antman until the stinger. If you prefer to skip antman- you can if you watch the stinger.

Nah, I'm fully caught up. I've watched everything. I'll probably go sometime this week, was just curious. I have m o v i e pass and buy regular tickets for movies like Ant Man and Black Panther but I go on Wednesdays like two weeks after the opening so I just walk into pretty much empty IMAX theaters and it's great.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it two weeks ago.  Like others said, the movie otherwise unconnected to Infinity War aside from the end credits scene.

They do parallel each other, though, and the end scene explains where they are in the timeline of the broader MCU.

There is a second scene after all the credits too, but....meh is how I'd describe it.  You could skip it and be fine/not miss anything if you don't want to wait.

Hopefully that gives some insight without giving it away.

I saw it two weeks ago.  Like others said, the movie otherwise unconnected to Infinity War aside from the end credits scene.

They do parallel each other, though, and the end scene explains where they are in the timeline of the broader MCU.

There is a second scene after all the credits too, but....meh is how I'd describe it.  You could skip it and be fine/not miss anything if you don't want to wait.

Hopefully that gives some insight without giving it away.

Thanks. I watched it a week ago. One of my friends I went with got tired of waiting for the 2nd scene after the end credits and looked it up on his phone and was like "dude, let's go. It's stupid" and I was like "don't you dare!" and I shook my finger at him very threatening like. And then when I saw it... yeah wow. haha. Waiting 5 minutes to see an Ant playing the drums. Sigh. I gotta say though... *SPOILER* I can't believe Ant-Man was left inside meanwhile all 3 of Wasp, Pym and his wife were all disintegrated... one of them couldn't remain? How the eff does he get out now. Anyway. Really looking forward to Captain Marvel

Thanks. I watched it a week ago. One of my friends I went with got tired of waiting for the 2nd scene after the end credits and looked it up on his phone and was like "dude, let's go. It's stupid" and I was like "don't you dare!" and I shook my finger at him very threatening like. And then when I saw it... yeah wow. haha. Waiting 5 minutes to see an Ant playing the drums. Sigh. I gotta say though... *SPOILER* I can't believe Ant-Man was left inside meanwhile all 3 of Wasp, Pym and his wife were all disintegrated... one of them couldn't remain? How the eff does he get out now. Anyway. Really looking forward to Captain Marvel

Yeah, I'm with you - normally the second scene (if there is one) may not be a huge thing, but it normally gives something in the way of hints or foreshadowing - this was stupid, just showing the ant playing the drums like you said.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how he gets out.  When is Captain Marvel out?

Yeah, I'm with you - normally the second scene (if there is one) may not be a huge thing, but it normally gives something in the way of hints or foreshadowing - this was stupid, just showing the ant playing the drums like you said.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how he gets out.  When is Captain Marvel out?

Captain Marvel is out next March. 

There's actually been quite a few stupid post credit scenes the last few years. They used to both be good and add something to the movie. It used to be something extra for the movie that just ended plus something teasing a future movie. Now one good scene and one silly one is starting to be more common. 

Captain Marvel is out next March. 

There's actually been quite a few stupid post credit scenes the last few years. They used to both be good and add something to the movie. It used to be something extra for the movie that just ended plus something teasing a future movie. Now one good scene and one silly one is starting to be more common. 

Yeah, it seemed to me that the template used to be:

Scene 1 - teases something to do with the sequel to whatever movie was just shown

Scene 2 - teases something in the general MCU

If they're going to continue to be something like this Ant Man & Wasp one, I won't stay for it.  Or if anything, make the funny one the first one and "reward" the people for staying until after the credits with an actual teaser.

• 4 months later...