Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kcellis

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kcellis

  1. I suppose he could have put up a billboard declaring his undying love of third base and then tattooed "I love Jose" on his forehead during a news conference broadcast world-wide. Or, you know, he could have been interviewed after the signing and said he was excited about it and really looking forward to playing with him... oh, wait, he was and he did. Or, you know, he could have specifically said he is willing to move to 3B in said interview, which is really the issue at hand. Not whether he is just happy to have Reyes on the team, but more specifically that he is willing to move for him. No harm though, he did finally come out and accept, and that's all that really matters. I'm glad this drama ended now and didn't extend into spring training.
  2. Sure would have been nice if he came out and said this a month ago. I'm sure he was aware that this was a big deal, and that he could have prevented a lot of speculation on his behalf with just a small statement on the matter. Or maybe it took him a month to finally reign in his ego and accept the position change. He doesnt and didnt have to say sh*t. Its people and the media especially that should be more responsible with the way they try, and fail miserably, to interpret...nothing. He hasnt done anything. Never said anything. This entire time he could have been laughing on a daily basis because of how apeshit people went over him doing NOTHING. Lololol. I think the fact that he was doing nothing is the issue. All that was required for all this rampant blog fodder to stop was for him to just tweet a one liner saying he is happy to have Reyes aboard. Does he have to? No, why should he care what people on the internet think. Should he have said something a little sooner? I think so, but that's just me. I know I would welcome a fellow elite player if it meant I had a better chance to win a WS.
  3. Sure would have been nice if he came out and said this a month ago. I'm sure he was aware that this was a big deal, and that he could have prevented a lot of speculation on his behalf with just a small statement on the matter. Or maybe it took him a month to finally reign in his ego and accept the position change.
  4. Could Miami be in line to host an outdoor hockey game as well? Don’t laugh. Thanks to the new Marlins ballpark — and its retractable roof — ice-making experts say an NHL game could be played “outdoors’’ in South Florida. Will it ever come to pass? Well, that’s another story. “It would cost a lot of money to do it, but they’re spending that anyway for these games,’’ said Graham Caplinger, ice technician for the Panthers at BankAtlantic Center. “The NHL has this down to a science. They definitely could do it in Miami. You may lose the spirit of the thing because it will be inside-outside, but I think it would be cool. If it’s in the winter months, I see no reason why you couldn’t do it.’’ And, the Marlins’ park could not only have ice, but if the conditions outside were good enough, it also could be NHL-quality ice. First, the ballpark would have to close its retractable roof for about two weeks with the air conditioning running — and humidity lowered — while the ice sheet is built and maintained. On game day, the roof would open for the outdoor affect. One can only imagine the scenery an outdoor hockey game in the tropics would produce for a worldwide television audience. That imagery is what the Panthers would sell to the league. It’s a hook no other market has. Sure, Los Angeles has sun and palm trees; it doesn’t have the retractable roof. “It would be unique, that’s for sure,’’ said Panthers winger Kris Versteeg, who was the first hockey player to ever score in a ballpark when he gave Chicago a 1-0 lead on Detroit at Wrigley Field on Jan. 1, 2009. “Everyone loves coming down here, and it would be neat to have a tropical outdoor game. People would travel from all over for that. The game and the weather would be great for the fans. It was awesome playing at Wrigley, but I don’t want to play in that cold again. But it was a memory I’ll always have.’’ Brian Campbell, who played in the initial classic in Buffalo, N.Y., and then alongside Versteeg at Wrigley Field, said he would love to play in another outdoor game. And like Versteeg, he would like to play in one where it’s not so cold outside. “I’ve been thinking about where it’s going next and which teams get to experience this next,’’ Campbell said. “With today’s technology, in a dome, there should be no problem. I think it would be awesome. Move it around, expose it to other parts of the country. A retractable dome would be perfect. It should be here. That would be good for the game." Panthers coach Kevin Dineen attended Marlins games during the summer and spoke to various team officials. When they told Dineen about the new ballpark and how it would be climate controlled, Dineen remembers thinking that “if the temperature could be dropped another 20 degrees,’’ the new park would be perfect for a Winter Classic. Panthers against the Tampa Bay Lightning in a Sunshine State Bowl, perhaps? “Why not? I think it would be a really good experience for the league,’’ Dineen said. “This is something that would be attractive in this market and people all over would watch it. Now we have a facility for it, so let’s plant the seed and get it here.’’ The chances this actually happens is remote, although some with the Panthers think the NHL with its aggressive marketing could look at a tropical outdoor game as something unique. Of course, there are many northern markets — not to mention California — vying to host this game. South Florida would be at the very bottom of a long list. The Panthers, though, are taking the idea seriously. “I wish I would have thought of this myself, but it’s a real possibility,’’ team president Michael Yormark said. “I think David Samson and the Marlins would love to do something like this. At the right time, we would want to discuss this with the league. We would like to put this on their radar.’’ http://www.miamihera...ok-forward.html
  5. So you looked at "post-incident quotes" and the bad things his teammates said about him and made up your mind. Uh, yeah, that among other things. Am I supposed to interview him personally and reserve all judgement until then? No thanks Tell me some bad sh*t you did, the dumb stuff you said after, and then let me ask the people who dont like you their opinion. Then we will get the media to just make sh*t up about you. After all that, i wonder if you will look like a swell fellow! Not really sure what your point is. If I were to do "bad sh*t" and then say dumb things about said sh*t, I would not expect anyone to think I'm a "swell fellow". Similar to Hanley, except you and others on the board actually think he is a swell fellow. Again, not really sure what you are getting at, if anything it proves my point.
  6. I find it a little funny that every incident that Hanley has had is easily explained away by it being somebody else's fault. every incident? I think that is a bit of a hyperbole. I agree, some of the situations were not solely to blame on him. I also think that just because he may not have started a squabble directly does not mean you cant judge his attitude on that matter. Some of his comments made after certain situations are a bit concerning, and honestly a little immature. Definitely not the kind of things a gracious, upstanding team leader should be saying. "He has never played in the big leagues" he said about Gonzo after the ball booting incident, or something pretty close to that. Really?? Do we even need any more proof that Hanley is a d-bag than that quote? Yes. Youve never said anything you regret? You cant accurately judge a person based on one sentence. Good point. That comment made by Hanley was particularly bad, but his other post-incident quotes are similar and kind of point in the same direction. Between his absurd quotes and the things his teammates say about him, It's tough for me to believe that he is the great guy some on this board say he is. I've yet to hear a glowing character review of him, only the opposite.
  7. I find it a little funny that every incident that Hanley has had is easily explained away by it being somebody else's fault. every incident? I think that is a bit of a hyperbole. I agree, some of the situations were not solely to blame on him. I also think that just because he may not have started a squabble directly does not mean you cant judge his attitude on that matter. Some of his comments made after certain situations are a bit concerning, and honestly a little immature. Definitely not the kind of things a gracious, upstanding team leader should be saying. "He has never played in the big leagues" he said about Gonzo after the ball booting incident, or something pretty close to that. Really?? Do we even need any more proof that Hanley is a d-bag than that quote?
  8. "Show me proof of these incidences" "Ok, here is your proof" "...ok there is your proof, but what does that prove?" :lol It isn't proof. It is 2 incidents over 6 seasons. It's still proof, I don't remember somebody asking specifically for 3 or more incidents. I didn't ask for anything, just to start. Secondly, it's not really proof of anything, which is why I analyzed and criticized. Your misrepresentation and simplification of my analysis is... well... simple. No, you didn't, but squall did, and probably others as well. My simplification was more to do with the general direction of the thread, not specifically about what you posted. I think you will find it difficult to find the hard solid proof of Hanley's behavior that you or others are looking for, because no one writes down every specific detail about every incident in the clubhouse. So no, the confrontations or squabbles he had with various people such as Lomo, Uggla, Conine, Helms, and Gonzo does not definitively prove that Hanley is a selfish, lazy asshole, but it sure does paint the picture.
  9. "Show me proof of these incidences" "Ok, here is your proof" "...ok there is your proof, but what does that prove?" :lol It isn't proof. It is 2 incidents over 6 seasons. It's still proof, I don't remember somebody asking specifically for 3 or more incidents.
  10. 1) "Hanley Ramirez Pulled After Literally Booting Ball, Jogging After It" http://www.aolnews.c...-and-jogging-a/ 2) "Upset with the Marlins stringent new dress code, Marlins shortstop Sharpie'd" I'm sick of this sh*t" on his chest to protest." http://deadspin.com/...wer-and-seethes 3) "Marlins Ramirez, Uggla trade verbal barbs in clubhouse" http://www.sun-senti...0,7887468.story 4) "Logan Morrison Lambasts Hanley Ramirez for late arrival time" http://blogs.sun-sen...rival-time.html 5) Hanley goes off on Fredi and is benched again today" Let's get right to the nuggets of what Hanley said about Gonzalez : "It's his team. He can do whatever he f------ wants." "We've got a lot of people dogging it. They never pull guys." "We've got 24 more guys out there. Hopefully, they can do the same thing I can." http://weblogs.sun-s...red_marlin.html 6)Hanley and Wes Helms get into physical altercation http://www.fishstrip...anleys-attitude 1)Yeah, that was sh*tty. We were all pissed. 2) Also sh*tty. Also a long time ago. 3) That's Uggla being a jerk. Hanley was injured and was forced to sit out most of the rest of the season, which sucked for him because he just missed his goal of 200 hits. 4) That's LoMo being a jerk to Hanley (AKA being LoMo). Hanley didn't do anything wrong. 5) That's the same as the first one. 6) That's still the same incident. So yeah, he didn't chase a ball in 2010. That was horrible. And didn't like the dress code in spring training of 2009 and was really angry for like an hour. How about the quote from Jack about how Hanley was one of the hardest guys working when he first got there and about how LoMo needed to start concentrating on baseball? "Show me proof of these incidences" "Ok, here is your proof" "...ok there is your proof, but what does that prove?" :lol
  11. http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/2011/12/13/photo-gallery-of-new-marlins-ballpark/ http://www.stadiumpage.com/stpages/marlinscon_120511.html
  12. Didn't McKeon bench Hanley on his first day managing?
  13. If he is cheap, then I say you get him. Though that can be said about many players. He averages 32 starts and 200 innings a year, which is pretty valuable.
  14. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/dbacks-may-trade-joe-saunders.html Discuss
  15. If you think that rotation is third in the division you're crazy. Call it whatever you want. I am just well aware of the serious amount of talent that Atlanta possesses in terms of pitching.
  16. They hate us Now becuase were gonna have the best Hitting line-up in baseball, one of the best Rotations in baseball.., and one of the best infield defence in baseball, hmmmmmm, yeah, I can see now why they would hate us... lolwut? Even if the marlins sign Buehrle, trade for Gio, and actually manage to get 25+ starts from JJ, they would still be third in their own division in terms of pitching rotations. Jj, buehele, gio, anibal, x Pretty good and nothing to whine about Agreed, never said it wasn't. I was just replying to the "best rotation in baseball" comment, which like I said, it still probably third in the division. But who cares if the marlins can land pujols.
  17. The Phillies don't even have a set rotation yet. Their 1-3 is great, but who's gonna fill in for Oswalt? Considering he did not even pitch much last year, pretty much anyone could fill in. There is also Worely. It also wouldn't be very surprising to me to see the Phillies get another great pitcher just for the hell of it, even if they don't need it. Oh, and that 1-3 is pretty damn good, they could probably get by on scrubs for the 4-5 spots
  18. They hate us Now becuase were gonna have the best Hitting line-up in baseball, one of the best Rotations in baseball.., and one of the best infield defence in baseball, hmmmmmm, yeah, I can see now why they would hate us... lolwut? Even if the marlins sign Buehrle, trade for Gio, and actually manage to get 25+ starts from JJ, they would still be third in their own division in terms of pitching rotations.
  19. Package him with Gaby or Coghlan and you can probably net a pretty good haul in return. He could also probably play second if needed, which makes for very good up the middle defense.
  20. Im worried about the Nats. They seem to be willing to throw out as much money as us with Strasburg and Harper in the Wings. They worry me a lot. In two or three years, if run properly there is no reason that they shouldn't be the team to beat in the East, especially with the age that will be shown in Philly & Atlanta, and the Mets money problems might last for a while. Atlanta showing age? In 2-3 years, the only old players on that team will be Uggla, and possibly Hudson. Practically everyone else will be well under 30.
  21. Really? They are testing out the LED ribbon boards.
  22. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=85634215&postcount=2461
  23. http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_baseball_marlins/2011/11/relive-the-11-11-11-birth-of-the-miami-marlins-through-video-photos.html
  24. http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.php?t=4649
  25. Woah, what are those letters!?!? Those are for the Orange Bowl tribute.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.