Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Marlins

  1. Out for a couple more days... Justin Ruggiano sat out Thursday's game and could miss a couple more days due to back spasms. Ruggiano hurt himself while throwing a ball back to the infield just after a long rain delay. With Bryan Petersen (shoulder) also banged up, Gorkys Hernandez will handle center field Peterson will also be out... Bryan Petersen will likely be unavailable for the next few days due to a sore right shoulder. Petersen tweaked his AC joint attempting to make a diving catch in Wednesday’s game. With Justin Ruggiano (back) also injured, the Marlins are running short on outfield depth.
  2. This game kinda reminded me of... Nearly every game this season. :|
  3. I get the feeling that he's not gonna get anything to hit with the rest of the offense producing so poorly. Even more so when Lee gets put on waivers.
  4. Reyes isn't going anywhere. [/thread]
  5. The Marlins left 560 for 790, I am sure the jackholes at WQAM loved that Yeah, but I'd bet they're putting down the Marlins on 790 also. I could check but I really don't feel like listening to a radio talk show about the Marlins. Reading & posting about it on a public message board is ok though.
  6. Did anybody listen to those guys this afternoon? Just slamming the marlins saying that it's "fire sale #3" and that "the pitcher", which is Eovaldi, will never see a big league mound. And some idiot caller called in saying that also. These hosts make so many factual errors. Why are they even allowed to have shows? Here's my surprised face: :|
  7. Bonifacio-2B Reyes-SS Hamilton-LF Stanton-RF Ruggiano-CF LoMo-1B Brantly-C Cox-3B Pitcher-P gold Fixed I'd be ok with this. I think Boni and Reyes should be in that order permanently. I'd be "ok" with it also. But while I have faith, you can't be so sure Ruggiano is gonna be able to continue his great production next season. And, of course, it's also doubtful we'll be able to land Hamilton. Brantly/Cox also probably need some more time, but they're most definitely our best options right now. And finally, I'm personally not so fond of LoMo...Posting stupid sh!t on Twitter when you suck at the plate really isn't funny. What does twitter have to do with baseball? Is this your first time seeing someone knock on LoMo for posting stupid things on Twitter when he's really struggling at the plate? People get upset at him for a variety of reasons I presume. For me personally it just shows a lack of seriousness that I want the players on the team I root for to have. If he were hitting well (or at all for that matter) then I wouldn't mind at all. But constantly joking around on the internet when you're hitting .230 & struggling to stay on the team really isn't funny to me. I'm sure there are other reasons why others get upset at him for what he posts-and I could think of a bunch of possibilities-so I think you can too.
  8. His minor league numbers [i can't find BABIP] indicate 2010 was not at all a fluke. .290/.381/.464/.845 over a few seasons isn't bad at all, good even. I think he'll get back to it, at some point. Walks will come back, power will be there still, maybe he just needs a nice reality check or something. Maybe shut down Twitter for a while [not that it makes any difference, I'm sure]. The knee problems haven't helped, hopefully he'll finally have a fully healthy knee next year. *shrug* In 2010 at AAA in 68 games he had a .335 BABIP. In 2009 in 79 games at AA he had a .307 BABIP & in 2008 in 130 games at A+ he has a .372 BABIP. But in 2011 his BABIP was just .265 & this season just .248-so maybe hes just been unfortunate? I'm not really sure how to interpret this stuff but think there's something to be said about how his BABIP was so high & has dropped so low...
  9. I don't blame the FO for not getting Pujols, Fielder, Cespedes, etc. during the offseason because they were simply demanding too much money-but looking back now I kinda wish they would put down the money-even if that meant giving Pujols 300MM. This season would have been very different had the Marlins actually won any of those huge FA battles.
  10. I'm not sold on LoMo either. Hes really changed since 2010 when he had a .390 OBP. I remember he used to be called 2-0 LoMo cause he seemed to always be ahead in the count (often 2-0) & always had good professional at bats making the pitcher work. Then the next season he hit .247 & this season hes hit .230...What happened? I don't wanna call LoMo's production in 2010 a "fluke" but his BABIP that season was .351...Pretty darn high.
  11. Turned on the game and my first reaction was "No! Not Nolasco!"... Uch, wish we could have traded him...
  12. Blue Jays acquired C Tuffy Gosewisch from the Phillies for cash considerations.
  13. Royals acquired LHP Donnie Joseph and RHP J.C. Sulbaran from the Reds for RHP Jonathan Broxton.
  14. Red Sox got knuckleballer Steven Wright who posted a 2.49 ERA in 115 2/3 IP this season in AA.
  15. Nothing on Carlos Lee though huh? Too bad. Waivers.
  16. Bonifacio-2B Reyes-SS Hamilton-LF Stanton-RF Ruggiano-CF LoMo-1B Brantly-C Cox-3B Pitcher-P gold Fixed I'd be ok with this. I think Boni and Reyes should be in that order permanently. I'd be "ok" with it also. But while I have faith, you can't be so sure Ruggiano is gonna be able to continue his great production next season. And, of course, it's also doubtful we'll be able to land Hamilton. Brantly/Cox also probably need some more time, but they're most definitely our best options right now. And finally, I'm personally not so fond of LoMo...Posting stupid sh!t on Twitter when you suck at the plate really isn't funny.
  17. The Indians acquired first baseman/left fielder Lars Anderson from the Red Sox, tweets WEEI's Alex Speier.
  18. Pirates acquired RHP Chad Qualls from the Yankees for 3B Casey McGehee.
  19. ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Rangers have acquired right-hander Ryan Dempster from the Cubs.
  20. Reds got Broxton Greg Holland new closer for KC (for fantasy owners).
  21. Peter Gammons �@pgammo Marlins are bringing Gorkys Hernandez to the big leagues Expand Reply Retweet Favorite LOL Are you kidding me?!?
  22. He's 2 for 25 this season. :| He'll fit right in. Are those two hits with RISP?! He has 2 RBI's on the season. 1 for 2 with RISP. And my bad, he's actually 2 for 24 on the season (not 2 for 25).
  23. This would be interesting... According to WGN's David Kaplan, the Cubs and Tigers are "hard at work" on a trade that would send Alfonso Soriano to Detroit. "Not sure they can make money work," Kaplan writes. Capital has always been Theo Epstein's impediment in dealing Soriano. Despite the veteran's resurgent season -- .274/.324/.504 with 19 homers and 61 RBI to go along with improved defense -- the 36-year-old outfielder is still owed $18 million over the next two seasons. If Chicago and Detroit split the remaining money owed -- or come close -- a deal could be struck.
  24. He's 2 for 25 this season. :|
  25. Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona confirms that the Diamondbacks have traded left-hander Craig Breslow to the Red Sox for outfielder Scott Podsednik and right-hander Matt Albers.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.