Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Marlins

  1. I did this yesterday. Tradition has to continue, ya know? Whatever...this is baseball, not superstitution ville...c'mon bro...it be fine... No, whenever Marlins posts something that becomes a possible Fish-jinx, I am contractually bound to say "f***." Facing Hudson I don't think anything I say could really be considered a "jinx."
  2. I'll be at the next two games! Win please. Read the stats in the OP. We got this one.
  3. There were also scouts for the Angels and Blue Jays.
  4. I really want the Marlins to trade him but deep down inside I know that Bell has proven he's an elite closer in the past and not just a 1 year wonder or something like that. Even with his struggles this season I don't think anyone here actually thinks he won't be able to put things back together sometime and be a top level closer again. I think the best thing to do is therefore just hold on to him and wait until he's able to go back to his old self. At this point his trade value is as low as its been almost since he started pitching. I'm totally sick of him but the fact is that if the Marlins are gonna trade him-now definitely isn't the smartest time to do it...So sadly, I have to say I think the Marlins should keep him (unless, of course, they're offered a good deal for him-but that seems very doubtful considering how hes pitched this season).
  5. I really hope we could get rid of him. All his humor off the field is really annoying when we pay him big bucks expecting great things and he pitches like utter crap-often just throwing fastballs. Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Marlins will "absolutely try and try hard" to move closer Heath Bell. Good luck with that one. Bell has been a disaster in the first year of a three-year, $27 million contract, posting a 6.05 ERA and six blown saves. Naturally, the Marlins aren't optimistic they'll be able to find a taker.
  6. A's, Jays & Sox interested... Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Athletics have jumped into trade talks for Marlins' third baseman Hanley Ramirez, joining the Blue Jays and Red Sox. Very interesting. The Athletics are dead-last in the majors with a .228 batting average and rank 27th in runs scored, so they'll likely need to add a bat if they hope to sustain a run at the playoffs. The Marlins are clearly running out of patience with Ramirez, who is currently out of the lineup with an infection in his finger which developed after he punched a cooling fan in the dugout and didn't take his medication. The 28-year-old is set to make $15.5 million next season and $16 million in 2014.
  7. Oh, ok. Carry on then...
  8. f***! What's wrong this time, Mike?
  9. vs. 9-9, 3.29 ERA 8-4, 3.70 ERA COOL STATS: Carlos Lee has a career .318 BA against the Braves (55-for-173)-the fifth-highest career average against Atlanta among all active players. Buehrle is 4-1 with a 1.87 ERA in his last 5 starts. Buehrle has a 1.96 ERA in his last 6 starts at home. On the season, Buehrle has a 2.62 ERA in his 10 starts at home. Marlins vs. Hudson: Bonifacio: 6 for 15 (.400 BA) Kearns: 11 for 33 (.333 BA) Lee: 12 for 32 (.375 BA) *If Buehrle gets the W tonight then he will have 10+ wins in 12 straight seasons!*
  10. Braves are now 0-12 on Monday's this season.
  11. My first game thread turns into a W. Nice. Back to back tomorrow!
  12. MARLINS WIN!!! I'M NOT BANNED!!! WOHOOO!!! I'm now 1-0 in my game thread career!
  13. Damn, Fredi, where was all that passion and rage when you were with us? I think Loria has all his managers take anger management courses...
  14. Heyward was definitely safe.
  15. No one else said it was gonna be easy...
  16. Carlos Lee is not fast.
  17. Angels are interested in jj what can we get from them. Kendrick, Bourjos, pitching prospect? Pujols and Trout :mischief Throw in Trumbo & I'm down. Sheesh we need offense.
  18. Any chance LeBlanc will get a start? He's taking Anibal's spot in the rotation.
  19. Wade LeBlanc to take Anibal Sanchez's spot in the rotation.
  20. Think JJ got a blister.
  21. Maybe he got traded LOL...
  22. See Marlins...your losing is tearing apart your fan base. YOU TEARING ME APART, MAHLINS. :|
  23. Well, JJ gave it a good shot in my first career game thread. Now let's focus on the W.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.