Report: Marlins open to moving Hanley Ramirez

Valyekrin

Not really a suprise, and I kind of agree, things just don't seem to have fit.

According to Scott Miller of CBSSports.com, rival executives who have spoken with the Marlins believe they've "never been more open to the idea" of trading Hanley Ramirez.

The revamped Marlins have been a major disappointment during the first season in their new ballpark and Miller writes that they have come to grips with the idea that the pieces on their roster just don't fit. This includes Ramirez, who is hitting .246/.322/.430 this season and is currently sidelined with an infection in his right hand which developed after he punched a dugout cooling fan and didn't take his medication. There were whispers last week of a possible deal with the Red Sox, but the idea failed to gain any momentum. Ramirez still has two years and $31.5 million left on his contract after this season.Jul 23 - 11:31 PM

Source: CBSSports.com

Per Rotoworld

Should be noted that mlbtraderumors also reported that Marlins will most likely hold onto Josh Johnson, and Randy Choate will in all likelihood be traded by the deadline.

It looks like the Marlins and Hanley are finally going to part ways. I wonder what Hanley's trade value is at the moment?

"Rival executives who have spoken with Marlins people believe they've never been more open to the idea. Halfway through a bitterly disappointing season, the Marlins aren't so much trying to blow things up (as they have in the past) as they are simply trying to change the ingredients.

It's not that they think they're that far from winning so much as the Marlins simply do not like their team. They've decided that the mix is bad, the pieces don't fit, the personalities have not coalesced".

I like how they are making it known they want to win and recognize some parts need to be changed rather than gutting a talented team.

If we do trade Hanley, I think the Athletics, Dodgers and White Sox could be possible destinations.

The A's do have a terrible left side of the infield, but why would they want Hanley? I can't really see them buying Hanley with two more years left on his contract just to possibly give them a chance at making the post-season this season.

Just trade him already. I am annoyed and disappointed by his performance, but I still like Hanley and what he gave us those first 4 years or so. At least all the nagging and hate that stews from these boards will stop (doubtful). Then everyone's favorite player of the century in Solano will get a shot.

"Rival executives who have spoken with Marlins people believe they've never been more open to the idea. Halfway through a bitterly disappointing season, the Marlins aren't so much trying to blow things up (as they have in the past) as they are simply trying to change the ingredients.

It's not that they think they're that far from winning so much as the Marlins simply do not like their team. They've decided that the mix is bad, the pieces don't fit, the personalities have not coalesced".

what a joke.

where's that Jim Leyland quote about chemistry?

A's, Jays & Sox interested...

Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Athletics have jumped into trade talks for Marlins' third baseman Hanley Ramirez, joining the Blue Jays and Red Sox.

Very interesting. The Athletics are dead-last in the majors with a .228 batting average and rank 27th in runs scored, so they'll likely need to add a bat if they hope to sustain a run at the playoffs. The Marlins are clearly running out of patience with Ramirez, who is currently out of the lineup with an infection in his finger which developed after he punched a cooling fan in the dugout and didn't take his medication. The 28-year-old is set to make $15.5 million next season and $16 million in 2014.

id do d'arnaud for hanley straight up

Chase d'Arnaud? Of the Pirates? :blink:

Unless you mean someone else, in which case, first name please!

id do d'arnaud for hanley straight up

Chase d'Arnaud? Of the Pirates? :blink:

Unless you mean someone else, in which case, first name please!

Travis. He's a beast catching prospect.