Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lcyberlina

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lcyberlina

  1. Hey Shammy, how about these?
  2. It's drying right now, but I'll have it on in about 10 minutes! 605586[/snapback] :confused I have to work and I can't wear any type of political paraphernalia... :confused But Tomorrow I am going to be out on the streets with my tin foil hat on... :thumbup
  3. Other: Draft dodger :plain 605513[/snapback] ooofff! Fritz, try and get to Turlington before 2 today to make a free t-shirt. Mine says "this is what a feminist looks like." 605584[/snapback] :lol :lol You are so cool! :lol I can only imagine the looks you get.
  4. Unless the Bushies find a way to steal the election again. :blink:
  5. Kerry is leading 298 to 231 in the Electoral Vote. He gets Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Iwoa. And I dare predict that the deadlock on New Mexico will break for Kerry as well, making the victory a whopping 303 EV for Kerry. Even if we lose Florida (in you wildest dreams Bushies) we still get 276 EVs :arms
  6. BREAKING NEWS: Swing states lean to Kerry By Susan Page, USA TODAY WASHINGTON ? Sen. John Kerry has erased President Bush's modest lead and the two candidates head into Election Day tied at 49%-49%, a nationwide USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll shows as an extraordinarily bitter and expensive campaign prepared to end. Across the dozen battleground states expected to determine the winner, Kerry holds a 5-percentage-point edge ? including small leads among likely voters in the critical states of Ohio and Florida. He trails by a similar margin in the third big battleground, Pennsylvania. (Related link: States pushed to front of race) But USA TODAY polls nationwide and in six competitive states show a contest that either candidate could win. The battle between mammoth get-out-the-vote operations and the prospect of a flood of new voters are key to whether Bush wins four more years or joins his father as a one-term president. The findings suggest that Osama bin Laden's warning to Americans in a video broadcast Friday failed to provide the boost for Bush that some analysts predicted. That development and the disclosure last week that 377 tons of high explosives were missing from an Iraqi site U.S. troops failed to secure seemed to have damaged his standing. A week earlier, Bush had led Kerry on who would better handle the situation in Iraq by 11 percentage points; that edge shrank to 4 points. The 22-point advantage Bush had held in handling terrorism was cut in half. Last week, Bush led Kerry 51%-46%. The new survey of 1,573 likely voters, taken Friday through Sunday, has a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points. "It seems like a scary Halloween for George Bush," Kerry pollster Mark Mellman says. "People in this country clearly want a fresh start." Matthew Dowd, chief strategist for the Bush campaign, said that the race is close but that Bush is in a good position. He disputes Gallup's assumptions about the 3% of likely voters who said they were undecided. Gallup's formula assumes that 9 of 10 of those voters would support Kerry, based on analyses of previous presidential races involving an incumbent. Without allocating those voters, Bush led Kerry 49%-47% among likely voters. Among the larger group of registered voters, Kerry led Bush 48%-46%. The candidates crisscrossed the same territory on Sunday. Bush stumped in Florida ? with rallies in Miami, Tampa and Gainesville ? before flying to Cincinnati. Kerry campaigned in Dayton and New Hampshire before heading to Tampa. Bush asked for support from wavering Democrats and vowed to prosecute the war on terror. Kerry promised a "flurry of activity" and "real steps" if elected to protect the nation's security. In the surveys: ?A 52% majority said they were dissatisfied with the way things were going in the USA. Bush's job-approval rating slipped to 48%, below the 50% benchmark critical for incumbents. ?Terrorism was the most important issue cited by voters in the national poll and in Florida and Pennsylvania. But in four Midwestern states ? Iowa, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin ? the economy was ranked first. ?In Florida, 30% of registered voters said they already had cast their ballots, using early voting sites and absentee ballots. They supported Kerry 51%-43%. And Ralph Nader? The independent candidate who helped swing the 2000 election to Bush isn't much of a factor this time. Among 1,573 likely voters, he was backed by 9.
  7. I have a funny feeling that Wisconsin, Ohio, Iowa, New Mexico and Florida will break for Kerry.
  8. :mad : That better not be the case. I didnt provide ID either because it stated nothing about ID. I read those instructions about 10 times and with extreme detail in mind. I think that might be the case in other states but not in Florida(assuming you voted in FL Bulldurham). I think in Florida, the signed affidavit and the ID you show when you register is good enough. 605561[/snapback] I think so too. I think ID was not required for absentee ballots in here.
  9. Election Protection said that there's nothing specified about that. That's weird. Now I don't know who's making up the truth, although recent history suggests that the Chronicle may be. 605555[/snapback] Dude don't worry. I don't think they won't count your vote. If anything they might delay counting to ensure proper identification is achieved. Relax
  10. Anyone else take advantage of The Editorial System? I personally love writing letters to the editor and my last one which was a huge slam to Rick Santorum and his hypocritical stance on Caps got a response from Rick in the paper. If you want to have an influence in your rep's voting process or at least get a responce, use the editorial pages. They work extreamly well and is a lot more effective then a simple letter to your rep. 605039[/snapback] I constantly write to the Miami Herald (English and Spanish Versions both). I think they already have my e-mail in their address book :mischief
  11. CF where did you get the idea that Bush is ahead on PA? That is absolutely ridiculous. PA goes Kerry, so will Ohio. Florida can go Bush, but in that case, Kerry still gets 276 EVs, carrying Iowa.
  12. I read somewhere today (actually, through my school newspaper) that I may have needed to provide a photocopy of ID in order for my absentee vote to be counted. Is that true? I don't think I saw that anywhere in the instructions for voting, although the Duke Chronicle mentioned it. This is really worrying me now. 605544[/snapback] Call 1-866-Our-Vote They'll tell you if this is true, which I believe it isn't
  13. I find it disturbing. I would never pledge my allegience to a candidate. Never. Im an independant voter. Not a mindless drone. 604993[/snapback] That's what I have been trying to tell him, but he thinks it is ok. Hell will freeze over before you see any Liberal pledging alligiance to a politician.
  14. http://electoral-vote.com/ Game. Set. Match. If this holds up, then hallelujah, four years of hell are over. 604990[/snapback] Ohio goes Kerry. 303 Kerry to 235 Bush (he picks up NH and Nevada) And in the wild event that Florida goes kaput again Kerry still wins with 276 EVs
  15. Does anyone else find this disturbing?
  16. Fine, have it your way. 604970[/snapback] My way? It is just a promise to support his campaign! It isn't even binding! You create a fuss about something that means nothing and then get mad when I point out the truth from your own article! 604974[/snapback] The truth of what? The only thing I posted is that people are pleding alligiance to Bush. Show me an article contradicting this.
  17. I am thinking. All it says is the pledge to support Bush's Campaign for re-election. There is nothing more. "I care about freedom and liberty. I care about my family. I care about my country. Because I care, I promise to work hard to re-elect, re-elect George W. Bush as president of the United States." Here is the pledge again...the bold part is the promise....it isn't to him as person but to support his re-election campaign. 604966[/snapback] Fine, have it your way.
  18. You can also pledge alligiance to your high school alma mater, your college alma mater, your church...it is not only limited to the country. I wouldn't be mad if Kerry did it. It is them saying they support the President and are pledging to work on campaigning for him. 604921[/snapback] Well, you see, that is what differentiates someone who supports Bush and someone who doesn't. NEVER in Kerry's wildest dreams will he ever have me or any other Democrat or Liberal pledging alligiance to him. We like him because we are convinced he is right for this country under the circumstances. But I wouldn't ever pledge alligiance to a man or a party. My country comes first. 604944[/snapback] You are not pledging alligiance to him as a person, your a taking a pledge to campaign for him. You are not reading the oath, just babbling on about something your paradox of a mind came up with. 604961[/snapback] My Paradox of a mind? I posted an article by someone who was at this rally and happens to be part of the press corps. Stop being such an idiot and think for a moment.
  19. We pledge alligiance to our country Cape, not to a man or a party. If you have the gut to step outside the box, you will understand that it is utterly scary and Orwellian to pledge alligiance to this man or any other. It sounds like a totalitarian government... People pledge alligiance to dictators (See Cubans worship Castro or in Hitler's Germany) 604919[/snapback] You are really reaching here 604952[/snapback] Reaching what? :blink:
  20. You can also pledge alligiance to your high school alma mater, your college alma mater, your church...it is not only limited to the country. I wouldn't be mad if Kerry did it. It is them saying they support the President and are pledging to work on campaigning for him. 604921[/snapback] Well, you see, that is what differentiates someone who supports Bush and someone who doesn't. NEVER in Kerry's wildest dreams will he ever have me or any other Democrat or Liberal pledging alligiance to him. We like him because we are convinced he is right for this country under the circumstances. But I wouldn't ever pledge alligiance to a man or a party. My country comes first.
  21. We pledge alligiance to our country Cape, not to a man or a party. If you have the gut to step outside the box, you will understand that it is utterly scary and Orwellian to pledge alligiance to this man or any other. It sounds like a totalitarian government... People pledge alligiance to dictators (See Cubans worship Castro or in Hitler's Germany)
  22. One Nation Under Bush At a campaign rally, Republicans recite the "Bush Pledge." By Chris Suellentrop LINK Updated Thursday, Oct. 28, 2004, at 10:44 PM PT PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla.?"I want you to stand, raise your right hands," and recite "the Bush Pledge," said Florida state Sen. Ken Pruitt. The assembled mass of about 2,000 in this Treasure Coast town about an hour north of West Palm Beach dutifully rose, arms aloft, and repeated after Pruitt: "I care about freedom and liberty. I care about my family. I care about my country. Because I care, I promise to work hard to re-elect, re-elect George W. Bush as president of the United States." I know the Bush-Cheney campaign occasionally requires the people who attend its events to sign loyalty oaths, but this was the first time I have ever seen an audience actually stand and utter one. Maybe they've replaced the written oath with a verbal one. This may be the first and only time the "Bush Pledge" has been taken at an event I've attended (or any event for that matter), but I'm not the best witness. One of the unfortunate drawbacks of traveling with a presidential candidate is that you arrive at a political rally when he does, which means you arrive right before he speaks. Neither President Bush nor John Kerry spends a lot of time waiting backstage while the warm-up acts address the crowd. Those speakers are timed to end when the candidate arrives (although, given that Kerry is habitually late, I wonder if they tell the introductory speakers to go long), so the traveling press typically misses their remarks. Because I've been traveling "outside the bubble" of the campaign planes for the past week, I arrived at a Thursday rally for Laura Bush before it began, and I sat with the local press. For only the second time, I witnessed a Bush campaign event in full. It wasn't a particularly notable experience, except for the fact that it opened with that weird pledge of fealty, reminiscent of the cultlike cheer that Wal-Mart forces its employees to perform. There were a few good lines, such as this one from Florida state Sen. Mike Haridopolos: "Our president likes to sign the front of your check. His opponent likes to sign the back of your check." But the second-most memorable event was a remarkably mendacious speech given by U.S. Rep. Mark Foley, a Republican from Florida's 16th District. Foley had the gall to condemn Kerry for his "reckless disregard for the facts" in a speech in which the least of his errors came when he sloppily claimed that John Edwards has served in the U.S. Senate for four years, rather than six. The main target of Foley's attack was Kerry's criticism of the president for allowing the al-Qaqaa weapons dump to be looted, presumably by terrorists, during a war that was designed precisely to prevent such an event from occurring. "The senator from Massachusetts immediately grabbed onto that without doing any checking, any fact-checking. He didn't even call Dan Rather," Foley said. But "NBC News followed up saying, oh-ho, not so fast. We don't have all the facts yet. Yet he went on national TV and announced, with reckless disregard for the facts, that somehow during George Bush's administration, these weapons were stolen." Foley's right in one sense, that we still don't have all the facts. But here's a fact that emerged after Foley's speech: Former weapons inspector David Kay said on CNN after viewing the footage of the site filmed by ABC News, "There was HMX, RDX in there. The seal was broken. And quite frankly, to me the most frightening thing is not only was the seal broken, lock broken, but the soldiers left after opening it up. I mean, to rephrase the so-called Pottery Barn rule. If you open an arms bunker, you own it. You have to provide security." Foley continued, "Well, folks, one thing it does prove: There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq before we went there." Well, um, there were weapons. The explosives weren't biological, chemical, or nuclear. And they were locked up by the international weapons inspectors derided by the administration, and they were "liberated" by the president's war. But instead of concluding that the war was a mistake, or at least that it should have been conducted differently, Foley declared, "The other thing it proves is that Saddam Hussein was the most important weapon of mass destruction to remove, and this president took him down." If we invaded North Korea and that country's nuclear weapons ended up in the hands of al-Qaida, would that prove that the invasion was a success? But if you don't believe the Iraq invasion was justified, you can still vote for President Bush because he hugs little girls and, most important of all, he threw a baseball. After telling the audience of his personal experience of Sept. 11, Foley revisited the story of Bush throwing out the first pitch of the World Series in 2001, which received a hilariously somber treatment in a video narrated by Fred Thompson at the Republican convention. Like any tall tale, the story has become more and more embroidered with time. In Foley's version, the president boldly strode to the mound "without a bulletproof vest." But the entire point of the convention video was that throwing the ball from the mound was so difficult because Bush's arms were restricted by a bulletproof vest. I'm not sure which is crazier, thinking that al-Qaqaa proves that the Iraq war was justified, or that President Bush stood on the mound at Yankee Stadium less than two months after 9/11 without wearing a flak jacket. Based on his speech, Mark Foley is either delusional or he has a serious problem telling the truth. But you can't blame him. He's probably angling for a job in a second Bush administration. :blink:
  23. Why dont you just use Cat Scratch Fever Bush! John Hall, a former Democratic county legislator in upstate New York, co-wrote the song and recorded it with his band Orleans in 1976. He complained Friday morning about the campaign's use of the song at the president's events. Hall, still a working musician at 56, wrote "Still the One" with his then-wife, Johanna D. Hall. The two, as well as surviving members of the band, are supporters of Democratic Sen. John Kerry and didn't want their work used to promote Bush's re-election. http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/29/...e.ap/index.html 604427[/snapback] :notworthy John Hall
  24. Ya, I'm much more attuned to words than math.? I probably missed most of the questions about the shapes.? Did anyone get the question about the house shaped like a doughnut with 5 doors?? My fav question. 603846[/snapback] mmmm...doughnuts 603848[/snapback] It's true. Draw a doughnut. Then make 3 little marks on the inside circle and then 2 little marks on the outside circle. Try to draw a walking line through the doors starting from the courtyard and you'll see that it is possible to walk through all the doors without using one of them twice 603880[/snapback] oh yeah, that i know, but you won't end up on the same place where you started 603884[/snapback] That wasn't the question... The question was if it was possible to walk through all the doors and not use one of them twice. :thumbup

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.