Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lcyberlina

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lcyberlina

  1. :lol :lol You guys are burned out with this election it shows :lol Even me, conspiracy theory Queen, don't believe Mr. President was wired. If he was, then they did a terrible job telling him what to say. Either that or Kerry's "cheat sheet" was really an ultrasonic transmitter to interfere with George's signal... See I told you I am conspiracy theory Queen. :mischief
  2. Video suggests explosives at site after invasion U.S. TV crew saw troops opening bunkers at Al-Qaqaa base MSNBC News Services Updated: 7:29 a.m. ET Oct. 29, 2004 LINK WASHINGTON - Videotape shot by a Minnesota television crew traveling with U.S. troops in Iraq when they first opened the bunkers at the Al-Qaqaa munitions base nine days after the fall of Saddam Hussein shows what appeared to be high explosives still in barrels and bearing the markings of the International Atomic Energy Agency. The video taken by KSTP of St. Paul on April 18, 2003, could reinforce suggestions that tons of explosives missing from a munitions installation in Iraq were looted after the U.S. invasion and occupation of Iraq. The video was broadcast nationally Thursday on ABC. ?The photographs are consistent with what I know of Al-Qaqaa,? David A. Kay, a former American official who directed the hunt in Iraq for unconventional weapons and visited the site, told The New York Times. ?The damning thing is the seals. The Iraqis didn?t use seals on anything. So I?m absolutely sure that?s an IAEA seal.? The question of what happened to the tons of explosives has become a major issue in the closing days of the presidential campaign. Democrat John Kerry says the missing explosives ? powerful enough to demolish a building, bring down a jetliner or set off a nuclear weapon ? are another example of the Bush administration?s poor planning and incompetence in handling the war in Iraq. President Bush says the explosives were possibly removed by Saddam?s forces before the invasion. Ambassador Paul Bremer told NBC the "Today" show on Friday that the evidence was still far from conclusive about the explosives. "The most important thing to keep in mind here is that we don't know what the facts are," he said. The former U.S. administrator of Iraq criticized Kerry for jumping to conclusions. He said that moving that amount of explosives from the Al-Qaqaa facility would have taken scores of trucks -- and that there were no reports of that kind of activity following the fall of Saddam. On Thursday, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld entered the debate, suggesting the 377 tons of explosives were taken away before U.S. forces arrived, saying any large effort to loot the material afterward would have been detected. ?We would have seen anything like that,? he said in one of two radio interviews he gave at the Pentagon. ?The idea it was suddenly looted and moved out, all of these tons of equipment, I think is at least debatable.? Single image The Pentagon also declassified and released a single image, taken by reconnaissance aircraft or satellite just days before the war, showing two trucks outside one of the dozens of storage bunkers at the Al-Qaqaa munitions base. The particular bunker is not one known to have contained any of the missing explosives, and Pentagon spokesman Admin Di Rita said the image only shows that there was some Iraqi activity at the base when it was taken, on March 17. Di Rita said the image says nothing about what happened to the explosives. Rumsfeld, in one radio interview, also cast doubt on the suggestion of one of his subordinates that Russian forces assisted the Iraqis in removing them. John Shaw, the deputy U.S. undersecretary of defense for international technology security, suggested to The Washington Times in an interview that the Russians may have been involved, prompting an angry denial from Moscow. Rumsfeld said, ?I have no information on that at all, and cannot validate that even slightly.? But at issue is whether the weapons were moved before or after U.S. forces occupied that region of the country in early April. No one has been able to provide conclusive evidence either way, although Iraqi officials blamed it on poor U.S. security after Baghdad fell. The Pentagon has said it?s looking into the matter, and officials note that 400,000 tons of recovered Iraqi munitions have either been destroyed or are slated to be destroyed. U.N. warning Meanwhile, the U.N. nuclear agency said Thursday that U.S. officials were warned about the vulnerability of explosives stored at Iraq?s Al-Qaqaa military installation after another facility ? the country?s main nuclear complex ? was looted 18 months ago. IAEA spokeswoman Melissa Fleming said the IAEA cautioned American officials directly about what was kept at Al-Qaqaa, the main storage facility in Iraq for so-called high explosives. Fleming said the IAEA ? which had put storage bunkers at the site under seal two months before the war ? alerted the United States about the Al-Qaqaa site after the Tuwaitha nuclear complex was looted. The IAEA said it informed U.S. officials separately of the Tuwaitha looting on April 10. ?After we heard reports of looting at the Tuwaitha site in April 2003, the agency?s chief Iraq inspector alerted American officials that we were concerned about the security of the high explosives stored at Al-Qaqaa,? she said. ?It is also important to note that this was the main high explosives storage facility in Iraq, and it was well-known through IAEA reports to the Security Council,? Fleming said. What's happened to the explosives is a mystery. A video surfaced Thursday in which a group calling itself Al-Islam?s Army Brigades, Al-Karar Brigade, said it had coordinated with officers and soldiers of ?the American intelligence? to obtain a ?huge amount of the explosives that were in the Al-Qaqaa facility.? The claim couldn?t be independently verified. The speaker was surrounded by masked, armed men standing in front of a black banner with the group?s name on it in the tape obtained by Associated Press Television News. ?We promise God and the Iraqi people that we will use it against the occupation forces and those who cooperate with them in the event of these forces threatening any Iraqi city,? the man added.
  3. Bush paid to have Cheney take the exam for him... The same way his daddy paid to have him get ahead of more qualified pilots in the National Guard. Want a play dirty... I can play dirty.
  4. Great pitcher! Admire his strenght. He is just terribly wrong on this one. Vote Kerry
  5. Lina, thanks for the amendment link btw. 603400[/snapback] You're welcome. It is always best to be informed on the pros and cons.
  6. He's no different than an entertainer such as Limbaugh or Franken, so why should this type of entertainer bar himself from the political arena. 601711[/snapback] Because he is advocating a vote against Bush's policies!! Don't you see! It is wrong for you to be a celebrity with liberal political opinions. It is ok however, if you are celebrity who happens to be conservative. If you are Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jessie Ventura, Ronald Reagan is ok to get involved in politics, because you are a conservative. But don't even think about you Susan Sarandons, you Chers, you Sean Penns, you Eminems of the world open up your mouths to speak up against a conservative... Then you "should shut your pie holes". :mischief I think it is the most brilliant piece of art I have seen. A real political statement that was missing from the music industry. Music, like it or not, you conservative nazis is and will always be an expression of society... Right now, society is very pissed.... :mad : And me and many more will "lead through the darkness" into the polls! :mad :
  7. Yeah Miri, you aren't kidding about FIU's political leanings. However my friends and I get even by covering the Kerry stickers with stuff. 603064[/snapback] :mad : So it was you!!!! :shifty I write over Bush/Cheney stickers with a Sharpie: "4 more wars" :shifty
  8. Hey Lina, I am not going to the mall with you if you wear that button. (Just kidding. :lol ) Anyway.... Wow... the nerve of some people. Hey, everyone has their opinion so why bitch them out? That's just stupid. Not everyone is going to agree with you. 602647[/snapback] I love you even if you are a Bushie... :thumbup 602992[/snapback] And I love you even if you're a silly Liberal. Oh, I feel the love. :wub: 603010[/snapback] :mischief Seriously I can't wait for this thing to be over already. I really hope that whomever wins, wins on a landslide. I don't think we could take another 2000 fiasco. The chances of something really ugly happening are much too great if the election is close.
  9. :notworthy Your teacher rocks! He probably will get fired but you know what... He is a hero in my book. I would do the same. Open a couple of blind eyes. 602358[/snapback] Lina, it is a teacher's job to educate not to send propaganda. Now if this teacher were to have shown Celsuis 41.11 or Michael Moore Hates America, than they are educating by showing both sides. But this person clearly has no plans of presenting what both sides say (believe it or not, that's how you educate in a classroom, both sides) and even if a conservative viewpoint was brought in it will be brought in later when it didn't affect the minds of people voting for the first time. And just in case your wondering, I'd be just as outraged if not more so if someone on my side did it. Because in a college, it's not exactly shocking for this to happen. 603052[/snapback] Read my subsequent posts before you jump on my throat.
  10. Hey Lina, I am not going to the mall with you if you wear that button. (Just kidding. :lol ) Anyway.... Wow... the nerve of some people. Hey, everyone has their opinion so why bitch them out? That's just stupid. Not everyone is going to agree with you. 602647[/snapback] I love you even if you are a Bushie... :thumbup
  11. I think so too CF. I think Rune has a point. Put yourself in the teacher's position. I think you should clear the air with the teacher before you do something. What if this person was actually a Bush supporter showing the film thinking you guys were Republicans and needed a good laugh???? :blink: I mean, what if? You need to talk to the teacher man, what if this person has a family to support and you are going to get him fired for something so little...
  12. My bad, I thought I had included the class. It's "Intro to Sociology" 602442[/snapback] oh OK. Then I think your teacher needs to show the other side of the equation if he wants to be fair. I don't think he was showing it for political reasons, but more for the purpose of showing how a film can impact society or maybe the events in the film can definetely show a society trend... I don't know. I really think you should talk to him or her and tell him/her how you feel. Depending upon what they say then you can file a formal complaint. Give the teacher a chance to explain why they did it.
  13. I voted "None". Terrorists "Fear" no one. That is one thing people have to understand if we are to ever "win" this war on terror. Why would you think they feared either Bush or Kerry? They don't care, they are the ones instill "Fear" on others. Terrorists are professional "Fearmongers", that is why they are called "Terrorists", because they "terrorize" people. So we need to come down from our cloud and accept that these people don't care who is President of the United States, they only care to terrorize us and make our lives misserable. Do you think a Terrorist gives a f*** whether Bush says "bring it on"? or whether Kerry says "I will hunt and kill them"? NOOOO. Remember, these animals are prepared to die in the name of their cause, therefore "military might" or "toughness" doesn't make a dent in their feverish minds. We have to remember that these terrorists are capable of coming into our soil and blow us up even if it meant for them to die as well. So there you go, no matter how big an army and how many guns we own, the terrorists are not going to "run" scared. That is just the sole truth. We are not fighting them "on their soil" because they are practically EVERYWHERE. We kill 1000 in Iraq and 4000 more will sign up around the globe to "carry on" their mission from God. I wish everybody would understand this. While we are concentrating our military efforts, our resources and our energy into "rebuilding" Iraq, Al-Qaeda and their allies are growing like a Cancer everywhere in the world and the only recruting pitch they have to do is show our blunders in Iraq... Ends rant.
  14. Hmm, well, North Florida, yah. I assumed you meant Florida as a whole. 602435[/snapback] Well, Florida is a pretty interesting mix. South Florida is heavily Republican because of the Cuban factor. Then you have Palm Beach County which usually leans Democratic, then you have North Florida where is very close to the heavily Republican States of Alabama and Georgia.
  15. I think you're right!? Too bad the next class is the day after election day, eh? Politics aside, I'm not here to debate the integrity of Michael Moore, I'm just pissed. Guess that's the way it is in college.... 602424[/snapback] No, in all seriousness. What type of class was that? I was only joking. I really think it is offensive to do such a thing in a class that has nothing to do with Politics or film.
  16. Florida, hell no! It's nobody country. Up here, around campus, it's Kerry territory. Even if it were as small as say, 10% Bush or Kerry, that's still plenty of people! 602431[/snapback] :mischief2 Really? I would have thought that North Florida was pretty Republican.
  17. Well, I am one of those rare occurrences of a Kerry supporter wearing Kerry buttons wondering the streets of Miami. I have gotten dirty looks but that's about it. The reaction has been to my amazement extremely positive. My husband asked me not to put it on when I went out on the street by myself, fearing I would get mugged or something. Needless to say I disobeyed orders and wore the Kerry button to the mall. I wore it out of curiosity. I wanted to see what kind of reactions I would get, but most of all I wanted to see if there were others like me out there... Hidden in the shadows. To my surprise, aside from getting a couple of dirty looks, I got a lot of compliments on it and several people asked me where they could get one for themselves. So yeah... We are out there. :mischief 602417[/snapback] Same goes for me, except for the husband part, and I was wearing Bush/Cheney pin. 602426[/snapback] Well, it is easier for a Bush supporter. This is "supposedly" Bush country.
  18. They lied and continue lying to the American People. They are so good at it that 12 sheep in this board still believe in him. Maybe Bush is just a pawn in this game, but his administration has been one of the most deceitful in history (counting Nixon's). They pretty much lie in your face and you won't even remember until someone shows you a tape. d*** Cheney lied about the connections between Saddam and Al-Qaeda and continues to do so... He even had the balls to say on National TV during his debate with Edwards that he never "suggested" such a thing... What would you know, one hour later a video of Mr. Vice President "Suggesting" such a thing started to pop up.... Then Mr. President said that John Kerry exaggerated (translation: lied) when he quoted him as saying in 2002 that he didn't know where Bin Laden was and that he didn't care; then we saw him on tape saying exactly that. For those of you who still support these people after seeing how they lie to your face... You have no excuse. You are sheep and you are... well, Stupid.
  19. :notworthy Your teacher rocks! He probably will get fired but you know what... He is a hero in my book. I would do the same. Open a couple of blind eyes. 602358[/snapback] Let's say for a second that Farenheit 9/11 is the truth. Even so, it is NOT curriculum. It is NOT sociology. WHY show it during the last class before election day? It is wrong, wrong, wrong. 602370[/snapback] That depends what kind of class was it... In any case, I agree with you (even if I like what your teacher did :thumbup ) If your class subject has nothing to do with "cinema appreciation", "Political Science" or something of the sort, your teacher can be fired for it. I would be pissed if my Biology teacher came in a showed the "Stolen Honor Video". 602419[/snapback] As a matter of fact. I think you should demand from your teacher to show an anti-Farenheit 9/11 movie to balance out his bias. :cool
  20. :notworthy Your teacher rocks! He probably will get fired but you know what... He is a hero in my book. I would do the same. Open a couple of blind eyes. 602358[/snapback] Let's say for a second that Farenheit 9/11 is the truth. Even so, it is NOT curriculum. It is NOT sociology. WHY show it during the last class before election day? It is wrong, wrong, wrong. 602370[/snapback] That depends what kind of class was it... In any case, I agree with you (even if I like what your teacher did :thumbup ) If your class subject has nothing to do with "cinema appreciation", "Political Science" or something of the sort, your teacher can be fired for it. I would be pissed if my Biology teacher came in a showed the "Stolen Honor Video".
  21. Well, I am one of those rare occurrences of a Kerry supporter wearing Kerry buttons wondering the streets of Miami. I have gotten dirty looks but that's about it. The reaction has been to my amazement extremely positive. My husband asked me not to put it on when I went out on the street by myself, fearing I would get mugged or something. Needless to say I disobeyed orders and wore the Kerry button to the mall. I wore it out of curiosity. I wanted to see what kind of reactions I would get, but most of all I wanted to see if there were others like me out there... Hidden in the shadows. To my surprise, aside from getting a couple of dirty looks, I got a lot of compliments on it and several people asked me where they could get one for themselves. So yeah... We are out there. :mischief
  22. :notworthy Your teacher rocks! He probably will get fired but you know what... He is a hero in my book. I would do the same. Open a couple of blind eyes.
  23. If it increases our chances of getting a stadium, than so be it... Note: Im just happy the Herald endorsed Kerry, surprising...since they strongly supported Bush in 2000 600114[/snapback] I was pleasantly surprised with that endorsement. I never thought they would endorse Kerry. We had canceled the daily delivery of the newspaper because my husband and I couldn't stand the quality of it and the right wing slant. I thought that they had made a mistake and put the wrong name on the endorsement... I guess there is still hope in South Florida. 600130[/snapback] In another surprise, my local paper the Orlando Sentinel has also endorsed Kerry over Bush. It gave Bush the nod in 2000. 600132[/snapback] Another surprising one was the Washington Post endorsement of Kerry... They have been the most anti-Kerry newspaper in this election... Go figure!
  24. If it increases our chances of getting a stadium, than so be it... Note: Im just happy the Herald endorsed Kerry, surprising...since they strongly supported Bush in 2000 600114[/snapback] I was pleasantly surprised with that endorsement. I never thought they would endorse Kerry. We had canceled the daily delivery of the newspaper because my husband and I couldn't stand the quality of it and the right wing slant. I thought that they had made a mistake and put the wrong name on the endorsement... I guess there is still hope in South Florida.
  25. TAKE THAT BACK NOW! How dare you say that? Have you learned nothing about history? This country is not even close to Civil War. It is liberals like you that keep dividing people by trying to force your message upon people and intimidating those who do not agree with you with threats, scare tactics, name calling, and other immature behavior because they cannot stand solidly on the issues. 600003[/snapback] Please Cape. First of all "liberals" are not the evil people your cuban family may have thaught you. As for "threats, scare tactics, name calling and other inmature behavior"... Well, you can see here that it isn't exclusive to liberals. It comes from both sides. You need to grow up and live outside Florida, you will get to understand that everything you have learned here doesn't apply everywhere. Trust me, Florida is like a bubble.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.