Cubs board 2nd guessing itself over Choi/Lee Trade

Lee wouldve made the play on the 2nd shot down the line no question

but in the long run Id rather have Choi

even still make no mistake not having Lee's glove will probably cost us 5 games this year

That might be true. But Choi's bat won the game for us today.

Guest Juanky

I think maybe that if we lose 5 games cuz of Lee's absent D, we might gain 2 or 3 just on Lee's absence in the lineup. We might gain more in that little +/- on offense then we lose on defense just do to the fact that Lee was usually not clutch, and if Choi continues what we saw today we shall see plenty of clutch.

cub fans relax and marlin fans lets not give choi the key to the city just yet....Dlee is going to hit 35hr+ for sure and he's going to win another gold glove for sure...yes it was nice to see choi hit that homer and then come through late in the game with go ahead run but if i could trade choi for lee today i wouldnt think twice....lee would have made the play down the line choi didnt....and please dont get me wrong i like choi and i hope he has a great year,i mean if he doesnt that means were not going to have a great year...

One game. One freakin game. Lee haters show up, Choi haters rush to doubt. Like Ramp said, Lee is GONE. Bye bye. Choi is here. He can play. He has an above average glove already and a very lively bat. Just enjoy this kid from Korea and watch him grow up. He is better than Lee was at this stage of his career.

And please, CHILL OUT!

We can't lose site of the reason Lee is gone, MONEY. Would you rather have Derrek Lee at 1B, Justin Wayne as a starting pitcher and Chad Fox as our closer making Nate Bump the setup guy or what we have now?

There were choices to be made and 1B is one of the easier positions to fill in. Do we replace Derrek, no. But Choi, Cordero and Nunez will fill in nicely in his spot in the lineup while the pitching remains strong.