maddox...

g8trz2003

I honestly never saw that one in my life, so I guess I am wrong about him never doing that.

However, that does not change the fact that people are openly choosing to be openly inflammatory whenever I write something and it has reached the point of ridiculousness. I'm starting to doubt that the majority of the people here are post high school age, because quite simply I have never seen such infantile spite and behavior on this board. Do people go online to purposely make enemies and instigate fights with them? How is this in any way fun? It is quite the contrary in fact.

What I might be saying to you guys can be totally new and earth shattering, but to me the following has always been obvious. Maddox, no matter how great he is, did not invent "b***hing" or "b***hing on a computer." He's not the first person on earth to rationalize in a hilariously discriminatory matter and he's not the first person to question the status quo of a society he finds absurd (for him, especially Utah.) Maddox did not teach me the "art of b***hing" and I beleive most people have developed disdain for many things in their lives and in turn they complain about it. Furthermore, Maddox did not seed the idea of hating movies (his earlier website was mostly this) or just making stuff up about them. I for one have made up tons of things in my life that I find hilarious and we all do and at times this encompasses movies as well. This requires no stretch of the imagination.

The following is from Maddox's "Me Bitter?"

My old high school sucked. I hated everyone there (90%). I hated school dances more than anything. The biggest waste of time and money is a school dance. While I sat home and loathed everyone, they went to dances and parties. They had fun. Laughing, dancing, flirting. Everyone so concerned about their image; they all worried about impressing the opposite sex. Nobody gave a s*** about anything else. They were all a**holes. I hated my teachers (most of them were a**holes), I hated my principal, I hated the administration. I hated the jocks. I hated the trendy people. I hated the stoners, skaters, hippies, cowboys, snobs, and nerds.

Are you telling me anyone who expresses any angst whatsoever is blatantly ripping off Maddox, or maybe, just maybe it is not Maddox being original that makes him so popular. Satire, b***hing, making stuff up...all these things will exist before and after Maddox. Unless someone very obviously rips off his style and web design, it is just stupid to start throwing accusations of "rip off."

Did Maddox give me the idea to start up a website? Yes and no. My sister had a Xanga site and she wrote some observations about the woman's room. I thought her observational humor was funny. I also thought that because Xanga is so damn easy to update and has a mediocre format, that I would be able to write opinions I have had for years or whatever the hell that popped into my mind whenever I pleased. Hence the name "Craig's ramblings" due to the random nature of the many subjects I choose to cover at will. How did maddox inspire me? Nothing much more than just someone writing bold opinions online can be entertaining. I'm pretty sure Maddox has not written about philosophical arguments pertaining to religion, the Yankees/baseball, or affirmative action. What he has done was say things that people usually choose not to say, entertain ideas that people wouldn't touch with a 12 foot pole...these things make him great, but they obviously do not make him the inventor of all things or the driving force behind what I or many other people write.

Sadly, because I chose to explain an issue in a coherent and intelligent matter, this post might be "too long" and elicit response like "that's too damn long, you're a stupid maddox ripper offer." So be it, I cannot decide whether or not you choose to act in a childish manner. Quite frankly, people and society should not work towards unhappiness and adversity or the creation of it. We should be able to keep an open forum of opinions and respect others opinions. We should be able to disagree with one another without putting inflammitory messages in our user sigs or calling each other names. We should be able to disagree with one another and turn the other cheek. However, I am a pessimist and I believe people cannot do these things here or in the real world, so I can deal with that. Heck, even the moderators here blatantly call posters (well me) childish names, which is against forum policy. I just hope maybe in the back of your mind that you realize how the actions you might be taking are despicable.

And by the way concerning Kill Bill, the point of my post was not for everyone to hate kill bill, I know people that like it. I was merely opening a thread so people can discuss a movie which just recently got a sequel. Of course, I'm somehow the a**hole when everyone else just starts needlessly flaming and ruin a topic which could of been perfectly acceptable.

The first of what I presume will be many "that was too long posts."

I fell asleep at 8 o'clock because I am sick and woke up to the chapelle show. I couldn't fall back asleep and because my rommate is b***hing that the monitor is too bright, I'm in a common computer room wanting to get tired.

And yes, I do love to write. People here talk about how they play MVP baseball all the time for fun or what not, my extra "anti-social" time is mainly during work or odd ball moments like this.

I don't see what team I have alleigance to shuld have to do anything with the quality of my posts (anymore than skin color, religion, ethnicity, and ect.) Someone obviously found the richard nixon robot thing funny enough to even comment on. People just choose to be angry and for some reason I am getting the blame.

And yes, I do love to write.

Yeah, about yourself.

You wouldn't receive such a negative reaction if you didn't find your way into every topic by either

1.) Aggressively refuting the original poster (even if it's as unassuming as what their favorite music is.)

2.) Claiming you already have more/better information that everybody should acknowledge unquestionably.

3.) Talk talk talk about yourself.

You make everything a challenge, and treat every conversation as a potential dick-measuring contest. In less polite circles you would be referred to as a "tool" and banned from all social gatherings.

And yes, I do love to write.

Yeah, about yourself.

You wouldn't receive such a negative reaction if you didn't find your way into every topic by either

1.) Aggressively refuting the original poster (even if it's as unassuming as what their favorite music is.)

2.) Claiming you already have more/better information that everybody should acknowledge unquestionably.

3.) Talk talk talk about yourself.

You make everything a challenge, and treat every conversation as a potential dick-measuring contest. In less polite circles you would be referred to as a "tool" and banned from all social gatherings. When did I ever insult someone's choice in music in a continueing matter? I'm sure my disdain for rap has come out, but I didn't say "all must think like me."

And I love writing about myself so much, why is it very rare for me to even write anything personal on my own website? I usually write removed from things that happen to me.

So wait a second, you're just talking out of your butt...who would of thought.

Insulting someone's educational level because they don't like you is stupid. Particularly when you do the same s***.

Everyone needs to just grow up and move on; myself included.

I don't mean to be insulting, but are you bipolar? One second you are chill and the next you hop on me the very second you feel like disagreeing and being a dick and in turn turn every thread to s*** that I enter. It is fine to disagree with me on a basis concerning an issue at a time, but to spread what you and others perceive to be "a war" is just stupid.

I'm not hating and I'm not starting a "war." But, you're holier than thou attitude starts a lot of stuff on this board.

Clearly, you would NOT be getting hated on if you weren't at least SOMEHOW the focus of some kind of negative energy. I mean, people aren't calling ME out in this thread (at least not yet).

I think you need to just drop the "I'm educated, the rest of you aren't," tone and try to have fun like everyone else on this board. I'd be a hypocrite if I said I wasn't guilty of the same thing. And I am.

The fact that you're even arguing with me on this point when I'm not even attacking you proves how right I am. Quit taking this board so seriously. RippyO is right, you can't be right all the time and turning every thread into an insulting dick measuring contest ruins a lot of things. Same goes for when you and I ruin it with our back and forth nonsense.

If you take this as an insult then that's not my problem. But you need to reevaluate why you come to this board, is it to make yourself feel superior to others, or is it to talk to like-minded fellows and have fun?

I'm not hating and I'm not starting a "war." But, you're holier than thou attitude starts a lot of stuff on this board.

Clearly, you would NOT be getting hated on if you weren't at least SOMEHOW the focus of some kind of negative energy. I mean, people aren't calling ME out in this thread (at least not yet).

I think you need to just drop the "I'm educated, the rest of you aren't," tone and try to have fun like everyone else on this board. I'd be a hypocrite if I said I wasn't guilty of the same thing. And I am.

The fact that you're even arguing with me on this point when I'm not even attacking you proves how right I am. Quit taking this board so seriously. RippyO is right, you can't be right all the time and turning every thread into an insulting dick measuring contest ruins a lot of things. Same goes for when you and I ruin it with our back and forth nonsense.

If you take this as an insult then that's not my problem. But you need to reevaluate why you come to this board, is it to make yourself feel superior to others, or is it to talk to like-minded fellows and have fun?

you're wasting your time bro

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Yeah, well, the guy deserves a chance...

I don't agree with him on a lot of things, some things he hits the nail right on the head. It's all about approach. There's tons of people I could disagree with on some level, but how they compose themselves makes me not care that they're wrong (JOKES).

The fact that you're even arguing with me on this point when I'm not even attacking you proves how right I am.

I wasn't arguing with you, I was stating the obvious you go on and off with needless anger and it is annoying as hell. You, Rippyo, Bonds660 are among the worst when it comes to holding grudges to other friends. I suggest you all drop your spiteful and arrogant actions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.