TBS Coverage

Guest Juanky

The Cubs announcers talked a bit about the Fish yesterday during the Reds-Cubs game, they are pretty fair as well they acknowledged when theumps made horrendous calls in their favor against the Reds.

I think that if you call games for a team you should be a homer. Len and Tommy are homers, but do give the other team credit. Same with the Braves quad and the White Sox's duo.

I don't have a problem with Hawk calling the White Sox the good guys and the other team the bad guys. I like how his home run call for the White Sox is join in by Darren and how his call of the bad guys homer is "it's gone" without any emotion other than damn. Buck calls Cardinals games (FSN only) very well.

Chip and Stone flip flop more than fish, the Red Sox announcers are too jealous of sucess, the Yankees duo on YES and WCBS should be put off the air. The Mets have a good bunch of announcers, the Giants have Duane Kuiper as their main TV guy and he strains his voice too much for my taste, the Brewers have an excellent crew, the Angels should simulcast radio because Steve and Rex suck. The Dodgers have Vin. The A's have a pretty good crew. The Mariners have Neihaus and he is good. The Astros have Milo "I'm full of myself" Hamilton. The Pirates have an excellent crew that makes losing enjoyable. The Phillies have Kalas, The O's have Manfra and Palmer which are very good.

Any others that stand out?

The funniest thing you will ever see.

It's 1994...White Sox-Yankees game is on the slate for the Baseball Network telecasts in White Sox and Yankees territory and areas where no team claims (remember, it was 1994).

Crew selected...Hawk Harrelson with the Yankees color guy at the time.

The White Sox pound the Yanks and all you hear is "You can put it on the board....YES!" all night and the Yankee guy leaves the booth for 2 innings when the Yank bullpen got shelled.

It was really funny.

Once they put Jay Randolph and Mike Schmidt to call a Phillies/Marlins game on the Baseball Network...never seen such a stiff game ever.

Milo "I've been calling games since the Astros were the Colt 45's" Hamliton is thankfully on radio only these days.

The TV crew is much better.

Steve Stone and Chip Caray annoy me far more than I would like.

I still hate the Braves announcers...but they are tolerable....I like their new cool graphics sans catcher cam.

I don't think anyone is as unbiased as Len and Tommy. Sometimes it's like they're not even Fish fans. :confused

I think they handle it perfect. To me, they're obvious Marlins fans but they're not afraid to give out credit to other teams when it's deserved like Cape said. And that's fine, I wouldn't want any other 2 telecasting the games.

The thing that really bugged me about the TBS Broadcast was all the stuff about voting for the song they would play later in the game and how the kept Ripken Jr. on the telecast for a loong time. Half the time when he was up there, the announcers weren't even commentating the game. Isn't that their job?

The thing that really bugged me about the TBS Broadcast was all the stuff about voting for the song they would play later in the game and how the kept Ripken Jr. on the telecast for a loong time. Half the time when he was up there, the announcers weren't even commentating the game. Isn't that their job?

Yeah but if Ripken is up there who cares about the game? He is up there for a reason.

Yeah but if Ripken is up there who cares about the game? He is up there for a reason. Exactly, they're not going to be like "Excuse me Cal, be quiet....Alex Gonzalez is coming up to the plate"