NBA Playoffs

Phlub

I say Lakers, Spurs, or Wolves.

But I voted for the Lakers.

I just can't bring myself to vote against the Best Head Coach and 4 Hall of Famers....

YET.

Spurs or Wolves very well could beat the Lakers. I don't know how the Spurs fared against LA, but the Wolves were 3-1 this year against the "Lake Show".

I wonder if anyone who voted for the Heat actually believe what they voted in.

I mean really, truly deep down inside, believe Miami will win it all with Stan Van Gundy as their coach instead of Pat Riley.

You are making my argument for the Heat winning it all for me. I think the change was needed.

And many Heat fans thought they were going to go far in 1999 Playoffs then the 8th seeded New York Knicks beat 3-2 and became the first 8th seed team to reach the finals.

NBA had good rivalries such as Heat/Knicks, Pacers/Knicks, Bulls/Pistons, Bulls/Knicks (my favorite). etc.

Guest Juanky

I voted for the Heat because deep down inside I know they have a chance

But if not I'll give it to the Pacers. Home court advantage no matter who they see in what round, and I think as long as they don't have to deal with the Lake Show (who I think will get bounced before then) they can shut down high powered West offenses. Jermaine O'Neal is an amazing force, Artest can shut down pretty much anyone, and they have the man in clutch situations Reggie Miller. If they get past Detroit I think they have a great chance of winning the title.

BTW, my pick for best possible series in the whole playoffs this season goes to Pacers-Pistons

I voted for the Heat because deep down inside I know they have a chance

But if not I'll give it to the Pacers. Home court advantage no matter who they see in what round, and I think as long as they don't have to deal with the Lake Show (who I think will get bounced before then) they can shut down high powered West offenses. Jermaine O'Neal is an amazing force, Artest can shut down pretty much anyone, and they have the man in clutch situations Reggie Miller. If they get past Detroit I think they have a great chance of winning the title.

BTW, my pick for best possible series in the whole playoffs this season goes to Pacers-Pistons

If you like 68-59 games then sure that could be the best series.

Guest marlins02

And many Heat fans thought they were going to go far in 1999 Playoffs then the 8th seeded New York Knicks beat 3-2 and became the first 8th seed team to reach the finals.

did you have to bring that up? allan houston f***ing traumatized me. i still get sick to my stomach when i see that shot. :banghead

to win it all, i like the pacers and spurs in the finals. im going with the "upset". part of it is that i want to see reggie finally get a ring. anyone that hates the knicks as much as i do deserves good things :thumbup

did you have to bring that up? allan houston f***ing traumatized me. i still get sick to my stomach when i see that shot. :banghead

to win it all, i like the pacers and spurs in the finals. im going with the "upset". part of it is that i want to see reggie finally get a ring. anyone that hates the knicks as much as i do deserves good things :thumbup I hated the Knicks during the Jordan Era (doesn't include Wizards). I liked the Knicks alittle before Jordan's second retirement. But I still hate John Starks. The guys I liked on the NYK were Houston, Sprewell, Childs, and Johnson.

Guest marlins02

I mean really, truly deep down inside, believe Miami will win it all with Stan Van Gundy as their coach instead of Pat Riley.

thats kind of an ignorant statement. who was jeff van gundy before he took the knicks to the finals? who was phil jackson before he took over in chicago? s***, who was pat riley before he took over in LA? who was john wooden before taking over in UCLA? etc

coach van gundy has been a miami assistant since riley took over and in my mind was the next head coach of the Heat as soon as people started whispering about Riley eventually leaving a few years back. if riley chose him to take over (which he did), there has to be a good reason

Pat Riley is a great coach. He only has 2 losing seasons. His team always made to the playoffs (except the 2 losing seasons) whether with the Knicks, Lakers, or Heat.

As for the NBA Playoffs, it's been boring. 2 games out of 10 games were close so far. The semi-finals should be closer games if not, I don't know when.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.