CBS Sportsline....

djm305

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/7338208

They have Philly Ranked 7th in their power rankings. The Marlins are 11th, I guess they are doign better right now than we are, but it's funny that they are ranked 4 spots ahead of us and we are 1.5 games in front of them in the NL East.

Remember we were 1st and 2nd earlier in the season.

We have slowed down, while Philly has really pulled it together.

We have a nice homestand coming up....with Philly facing the west.....so we may see a reversal again next week. :thumbup

Guest Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these rankings are based on the last week - two weeks of activity. Based on that, the Phillies should be ranked above us.

I don't see a problem.

Are we talking about college football? I didn't think so, so I'll continue to be confused about why anyone cares how people rank baseball teams...look at the standings. Who cares how/why/when teams got to where they are, that's the only thing that matters...in fact, the only thing that matters is where you are in the standings on Oct. 3 and then how you perform in the playoffs if you are good enough to make it that far. They can rank the Marlins 30th for all I care.

Are we talking about college football? I didn't think so, so I'll continue to be confused about why anyone cares how people rank baseball teams...look at the standings. Who cares how/why/when teams got to where they are, that's the only thing that matters...in fact, the only thing that matters is where you are in the standings on Oct. 3 and then how you perform in the playoffs if you are good enough to make it that far. They can rank the Marlins 30th for all I care.

amen dunlap. :thumbup