Just got back from AJ's start

TSwift25

Man oh man, AJ looked sharp.

His first strikeout came on the second batter, it was a curveball and the guy sat down looking.

He struck out the side in the second, and only one ball was hit hard, and it was caught by the right fielder. All of the other balls that were put into play were weak grounders, alomst exclusively hit the other way.

I was watching down the first base line, pretty much parallel with the bag, and I could hear AJ's fastball whizzing from that far away. They pulled the plug on him after abour 60 pitches, but he looked amazing. I took some pictures, I'll try to post them later...

This was SINGLE A right?

Extended Spring Training... What does that mean? What class of hitters was he facing? Just curious.. I mean it sounds like he had a great performance. But maybe those numbers were a bit inflated because of the hitters he was facing.

Guest marlins02

this is great to hear.

it doesnt really matter the class of hitters he was facing. what matters is that his stuff was sharp and got some work in.

This was SINGLE A? right?

Extended Spring Training... What does that mean? What class of hitters was he facing? Just curious.. I mean it sounds like he had a great performance. But maybe those numbers were a bit inflated because of the hitters he was facing. Of course they are inflated. But he did pitch well and his arm didn't fall off. We won't know what to expect until he pitches against the Reds on the 2nd. :)

he faced the Cardinals extended ST team. They looked like the A ball team, for the most part, most of them were likely the draft class from last year's draft. Only 1 guy had his name on the back of his jersey, and that was their first baseman, and AJ owned him, so if he's their brightest prospect, he's got a lot to look forward to, lol.

This was SINGLE A right?

So major leaguers don't have trouble with 98 MPH fastballs and 12-6 knucklecurves, especially when they're conbined in the same pitcher? Major Leaguers shouldn't have trouble with 98 mph balls....their paid very well to hit those.... But your missing the point, I am not trying to take away from Burnett but rather put things in perspective is all. I hope he keeps it up, I have no doubt that he can shut-down MLB hitters, he has done it in the past. Glad to see it was working for him today and more important that he was pain free!

He struck out the side in the second, and only one ball was hit hard, and it was caught by the right fielder.

The best news from this is that AJ apparently had good control.

His velocity is there, his curve is biting, plus he has control..........fantastic!!!!

Major Leaguers shouldn't have trouble with 98 mph balls....

What about ones that move? :cool

I hope he keeps it up, I have no doubt that he can shut-down MLB hitters, he has done it in the past. Glad to see it was working for him today and more important that he was pain free!

That's what I like to hear. :thumbup