What does Lowell want?

Well, isn't that being cynical... :whistle

This is just for fun. No sense in either giving up on our opinions or offending anybody else by the use of it (not that you offended anyone, just an example).

The best we can do is argue in peace. Ah... and is not in Byscaine where they are building their new 600 million retractable-roof stadium, is actually in Bicenntenial Park. Did I mention it has computerized vents to control the temperature? [just adding another touch of cynism] :w00t

It's no use, I give up.

You should have stopped there.

This is a very stubborn board, and you usually won't win when the majority of it is against you.

"There's no place like home, There's no place like home, There's no place like home".

Damn straight.

Naw, I enjoy the dookie out of the disagreements. Heck, if we all thought alike it'd be no fun.

I'll just take solace in the fact that I know everyone who disagrees with me about anything on this board is wrong. ;)

It ain't easy being perfect. :p

PS: What number do you think the Yankees will give Lowell?

PS: What number do you think the Yankees will give Lowell?

12 million a year... plus incentives for a 5-year contract: totaling 65 to 68 million !!! :w00t

I guess if I keep being cynical about it the reality of losing Lowell might not hit me that hard after all... :banghead

I guess if I keep being cynical about it the reality of losing Lowell might not hit me that hard after all... :banghead

I still realize we could very possibly lose him, but I stay as optimistic as possible. Even if we lose him to the Cubbies, we will still get a great package of pitching for him, so... :banghead

I am not that happy about getting another round of prospects to be developed for some other team. It is the same thing every time: we get a prospect, we develop prospect, prospect becomes a start, former prospect gets too expensive, some other team gets a World Series ring but us. [sighs...]

It is the same thing every time: we get a prospect, we develop prospect, prospect becomes a start, former prospect gets too expensive, some other team gets a World Series ring but us

It's great, isn't it???? Kind of like hitting yourself in the temple with a hammer over and over again and then wondering why your head is split open.

It is the same thing every time: we get a prospect, we develop prospect, prospect becomes a start, former prospect gets too expensive, some other team gets a World Series ring but us

It's great, isn't it???? Kind of like hitting yourself in the temple with a hammer over and over again and then wondering why your head is split open. :music Well isn't it ironic...Don't you think? :music

Let me repeat myself again: SHOW ME THE ARTICLE WHERE LOWELL SAYS HE WANTS TO MAKE 25% OF THE CURRENT PAYROLL. SHOW ME WHERE HE SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT THE KIND OF MONEY/DEAL HE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN FOR THAT MATTER???

Something else, Lowell is not Floyd. So, keep up with the facts people...

Eadearmas, I'm not speaking for Lowell. If he could be signed to a long-term affordable contract here, you can be sure I'll be dancing in the streets, okay? We're just speculating here, don't get too excited. And I agree that he's not Cliff Floyd.