Abe making a case...

Wild Card

We don't give credit for 'close hits' here, otherwise no one would be complaining about Alex or Conine.

We complain about Conine and Alex because the balls they get aren't hits, they're just close. Abe actually GOT the hit. Give the guy some f***ing credit, he just doubled off possibly the hottest pitcher in baseball. I don't see anyone else in our lineup ripping the ball right down the line.

Guest Juanky

One frigging hit and he already is the next coming of Babe Ruth combined with Ted Williams with a spice of Barry Bonds? Geez.

We don't give credit for 'close hits' here, otherwise no one would be complaining about Alex or Conine.

We complain about Conine and Alex because the balls they get aren't hits, they're just close. Abe actually GOT the hit. Give the guy some f***ing credit, he just doubled off possibly the hottest pitcher in baseball. I don't see anyone else in our lineup ripping the ball right down the line. If Alex or Castro hit a rocket down the line foul inches foul you would still be calling them awful hitters. But because Nunez hits the chalk he's suddenly great?

The same when Perisho or Willis get support from he defense but Oliver and Phelps are left out to dry.

One frigging hit and he already is the next coming of Babe Ruth combined with Ted Williams with a spice of Barry Bonds? Geez.

Well, it's better than them praising him for drawing a walk like they were a couple days ago.

He hardly ever plays, so I guess you have to take what you can get.

Guest Juanky

How about he hits one of those homers we saw in those oh so meaningful spring training games before you all get on his jock this hard.

there is a reason why Abe doesnt play.

He is like Lee in the clutch, only not as good.

That is not true. He walked late in the game a couple of games ago (a big walk). He doesn't have enough ABs to know if he is clutch or not. he doesnt get more atbats, because he doesnt produce when he does play.

period.

abe nunez = the most overhyped player on this board by leaps and bounds ever.

That is not true. He walked late in the game a couple of games ago (a big walk). He doesn't have enough ABs to know if he is clutch or not.

What does it say about a player when you're praising him for a clutch WALK?

I mean seriously. He didn't swing at balls, give him a medal.

He sure did today.

there is a reason why Abe doesnt play.

He is like Lee in the clutch, only not as good.

That is not true. He walked late in the game a couple of games ago (a big walk). He doesn't have enough ABs to know if he is clutch or not. color me impressed.

oh wait...lee could do that also.