Attendance today

Ramp

I know the announced attendance was 40K+, but I just didn't see it. My row in sec 149 was kinda empty, and I could still see seats around me. On the other hand, the club section in RF was opened, so that is probably where a lot of that extra attendance was. Either way, it was great to see the Pro have to open the auxilary parking lots.

Damn bandwagoners can get in my way anytime :p

You aren't going to see more sell-outs until the Fish move out of PPS.

Huizenga Holdings so controls corporate sales that the Marlins cannot sell directly to any number of potential corporate clients anything from tickets to advertising. HH keeps them as "exclusives".

Look at something as small as the advertising on the cupholders on the seats. If you notice they have advertising on them, Office Depot being one of them. Those are sold by the stadium (HH) and the Marlins get nothing from that.

Once the Marlins get into their own stadium they will be able to market all facets of their product themselves from ticket sales to advertising and marketing. That alone should put 5-10,000 more fannies in the seats night in and night out.

With a 38,000 seat stadium and the power to market themselves properly the Marlins should be able to sell-out or near sell-out every game.

30k was already sold even before randy was scheduled to pitch against us..there were more than 11k in groups out there...

The D-Backs rotation never got messed up due to rain delay or anything so Randy has been scheduled to pitch on that day since the beginning of the season, and in the past week or so ever since his perfect game they have really be hyping that game up at PPS and on TV.

Accord...it wasn't just his pitching that brought out the number of people...not many knew when he pitched in the first place...ya know how that goes...Lurry would know what I mean when I say that we get the randomest calls daily about game time and stuff like that...it's in the paper people....

this mets series is another one that's going to be pretty interesting...it's selling pretty well...

I doubt there would have been more than 30k if Randy Johnson wasn't pitching.

yeah alot of people went because he pitched a perfect game in the game before but there were also a lot of groups that went together....and a lot of teams from baseball leauges...etc.

so i think that they still would have had a lot of fans that game because it was a sunday and a lot of people are able to go unlike a game at 1.