Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Griffey Glare

Featured Replies

I think the ring idea is funny but what does that have to do with the glare?

 

If the ring gets you wins this year, you guys would be undefeated. :D

You obviously don't get it.

 

It's just showing Griffey, "you can glare all you want but who has the ring biatch?" :lol Ubi is a riot.

whatever, i think the fans are makin a bigger deal out of this than the players are

 

i really dont see anything big time happening to Griff(in terms of getting plunked)

  • Author

Purely for discussion. No offense meant. ;)

 

Today is a new day, everyone is 0-0 and 0.00 era for the day!

Can you say, "blown out of proportion?"

 

Wow. I saw that footage from last night and I can tell you, people are "getting worked up" over a five second event that could have meant a lot of things.

I think Jack is man enough to say, I was beaten on this decision and he'll move on...

 

 

 

or tell Phelps to go head hunting...

McKeon needs to bring his big ass ring to the park tomarrow, put it on his middle finger, flip him off, and blind griffey's ass w/ all the bling bling on it. 15 day dl with eye problems.

 

 

 

:lol :lol :lol

 

 

We should hit griffey, but lets wait and see if Mr. AJ Burnett comes back and pitches next week against cincy and let him throw his 99 mph fastball to his back. griffey will throw up right there from the hit. i hope we win the next two games. what would be better is to see in 2 months when the reds fall back to earth what griffey has to say.

 

I dont think Jack is that kind of guy. I have more faith in Jack than that.

 

jack is that kind of guy.

Yeah, because clearly this isn't fans overblowing something that's smaller than it is.

 

Who call can claim to have actually "seen" the glare? I have the tape (I was at the game, so obviously, I couldn't see it there). Anyone? Anyone?

ESPN will try to overblow this situation like they always do when a celebration like this happens, a sign of nothing.

Did griffey's homer deserve to be a top 10 nominee?

ESPN will try to overblow this situation like they always do when a celebration like this happens, a sign of nothing.

ESPN?

 

yea they will try but I think you and most of the people on the board have already done that

yea they will try but I think you and most of the people on the board have already done that

 

 

 

true

And an Upper Deck shot

 

It was a hell of a rocket

whatever, i think the fans are makin a bigger deal out of this than the players are

 

i really dont see anything big time happening to Griff(in terms of getting plunked)

well Josh Beckett seems to have taken offense. he seems pissed about it actually (based on those comments someone posted)

 

i don't think it's worthy of hitting him though. we're the world champs, let them glare all they want. he was probably curious to see if anyone in the dug out had their WS ring on so he could see what one looks like. :D I would say the best thing would be for one of our players to glare into the dug out after a big hit, but i really can't think of any of our players who would do that. Lowell? no Cabs? no Conine? no Choi? no. only person i could see doing something like that is A-gon. haha

But the GAB only has one deck in the outfield :confused

You know what I mean

whatever, i think the fans are makin a bigger deal out of this than the players are

 

i really dont see anything big time happening to Griff(in terms of getting plunked)

well Josh Beckett seems to have taken offense. he seems pissed about it actually (based on those comments someone posted)

 

i don't think it's worthy of hitting him though. we're the world champs, let them glare all they want. he was probably curious to see if anyone in the dug out had their WS ring on so he could see what one looks like. :D I would say the best thing would be for one of our players to glare into the dug out after a big hit, but i really can't think of any of our players who would do that. Lowell? no Cabs? no Conine? no Choi? no. only person i could see doing something like that is A-gon. haha So true. Lowell, Cabs, Conine, Choi, adn everyone else who hits a homer isn't an a**hole and wouldn't do that kind of s***. Only person that would do that is Gonzo.

I would like to see him drilled by Penny tommorow. He disrespected Mckeon and did the same last year so I say that we stick together like a family and dont let him get away with it. If he goes on the DL again, then maybe next time he homers he will just take his trot around the bases and sit his a$$ down, but since he wouldnt sit down so easily last night I think that a Marlins pitcher should sit him down them selves.

None of the players on our team have an ego enough to do something like that. But does that mean we should retaliate for it? No.

None of the players on our team have an ego enough to do something like that. But does that mean we should retaliate for it? No.

If he does get plunked, you can't blame the Fish though. He obviously "started it" with that stupid immature glare.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.